Jon Corto resigned

bowery4

More untimely special teams penalties to come ...

I am underwhelmed by this guy.

I totally agree.

I like the fact that he is a hometown product but he draws to many senseless penalties at the worst possible times.

I'm a little surprised by the move.

Edited by VADC Bills

Actually i should say congrats if John is reading here. We hope you have a great year for us.

Obviously the ideal is he keeps progressing and has a great career but even if he has hit his ceiling, why not keep him around? Not like we have better yet. I think this is true of anyone from jon corto to Peyton manning, and mean it as a compliment and a half. He IS an NFL player and that's what comes with the job. Very few can do it, and here he IS doing it. I don't think he will save the franchise, but I doubt that's what he expects either. I don't think there's anything insulting about Most of the comments I've seen regarding his resigning. A few in here were harsh, but I think any NFL player catches some of those. I'd rather get them for my play on the field then my performance on this board::shrug::

C'mon Bob, you are too negative too much, Corto is a good special teamer and a home guy, every one can't be superstars, ya need role players too.

Yes all teams need role players I agree with you there and I sure hope I am not too negative. I try to be realistic while still being a fan at heart.

I know Corto is a home guy and all that but he did hurt us numerous times with bad and unnecessary penalties last season. I just do not see the great plays that he makes to warrant wrapping him up to a new contract before the season starts. Is he one of our better ST players? Sure. But this signing reminds me of the many gimmick signings made by an incompetent front office to make the fans feel good about something. Since I am a fan, I really hope Corto does great and becomes the next Steve Tasker.

I want to rally behind Buddy Nix. Before I drink yet another gallon of KoolAid I want to see some solid drafting and some solid player signings.

I like that he brought in Whaley. I like Gailey and Wannestadt.

Wrapping up Corto and Kelsey, taking a flyer on Merriman, signing Cornell Green as our starting RT. Hmmmmm? Maybe some of the bargain basement waiver pickups (Urbik, Rhinehart, Pears, Wrotto, etc) will develop?

Last years draft looks promising and I will patiently cheer them on while waitng to see some results.

Edited by Bob in STL

Yes all teams need role players I agree with you there and I sure hope I am not too negative. I try to be realistic while still being a fan at heart.

I know Corto is a home guy and all that but he did hurt us numerous times with bad and unnecessary penalties last season. I just do not see the great plays that he makes to warrant wrapping him up to a new contract before the season starts. Is he one of our better ST players? Sure. But this signing reminds me of the many gimmick signings made by an incompetent front office to make the fans feel good about something. Since I am a fan, I really hope Corto does great and becomes the next Steve Tasker.

I want to rally behind Buddy Nix. Before I drink yet another gallon of KoolAid I want to see some solid drafting and some solid player signings.

I like that he brought in Whaley. I like Gailey and Wannestadt.

Wrapping up Corto and Kelsey, taking a flyer on Merriman, signing Cornell Green as our starting RT. Hmmmmm? Maybe some of the bargain basement waiver pickups (Urbik, Rhinehart, Pears, Wrotto, etc) will develop?

Last years draft looks promising and I will patiently cheer them on while waitng to see some results.

Well said , can understand the negativity watching them flounder so much can become depressing. Nix really needs to hit on this draft, tired of the late round gems and first round flops. I think these guys think too much and way over analyze these picks and before you know it they see all the flaws of the best players and the talent of the average ones that they talk themselves right out of the top picks. The way I see it is, does the guy make plays on the field, if he does he's a prospect if not he's not.

:bag::doh::oops::censored: where is the I made a spelling mistake and am kicking myself for it icon :rolleyes: anyway.

I think he did have a worse year than the past couple, maybe the injury had more to do with his drop off and somehow in the increase of penalties. I can't help myself for routing for the 2 hometown underdogs on the team. As was said above he can always be cut still.