predictions for the bowl?

Just for fun since most of us don't have a dog in the hunt...who do you think will win and why.

I'm going Packers 27 Steelers 17 and the reason for the pack is the Pittsburgh offensive line. It is the weakest area on the team and if the Packers can take advantage of it with their strong front seven... particularly with Pouncey out...I gotta go with the Pack.

Any other predictions?

Just for fun since most of us don't have a dog in the hunt...who do you think will win and why.

I'm going Packers 27 Steelers 17 and the reason for the pack is the Pittsburgh offensive line. It is the weakest area on the team and if the Packers can take advantage of it with their strong front seven... particularly with Pouncey out...I gotta go with the Pack.

Any other predictions?

I got the Packers winning 27-21. I think they get some timely and effective runs from Starks, enough to keep Pittsburgh off balance. I also think that the Packers' defense will prove to be too much for for the banged up Steelers OL. Big Ben keeps it close, but Rodgers officially buries the ghost of Brett Farve in Dallas.

Any other predictions?

I just don't know! Right now I'm leaning towards Steelers 31 Packers 27, but in an hour I'll have convinced myself otherwise.

Either way, it's a win/win. If I had to pick a team to root for outside of the Bills it would be Green Bay. The Steelers are the model franchise that I would like the Bills to be (they would be my second second choice).

2 evenly matched teams, to be sure. So, rather than a coin flip, I'll go with how the Bills played both teams this year. Pitt was ours to beat (thanks,Stevie..) and the Pack slammed us.

Pitt has a Bill castoff starting at RT and a center who can't snap.

Pack. In a rout.

Any other predictions?

I think it'll be fun. Hard for me to call.

Factors:

1) Pouncey. While he was in the game, Jets were viewing the Mendenhall Show. When he went out, Jets shut them down and chased Roeth around like a chicken. If Pouncey plays and is healthy enough to be effective....

2) Pitts is #1 on D Hog Index. GB is #10. Jets were #4 and Mendenhall blew them up in the 1st half. GB better get their Hogs to the trough early

3) Rodgers. GB strong on passer rating differential, meaning "our QB can out-gun your QB despite what your D can do".

I want GB, but that's my heart talking. If Pouncey is out and their DL steps up they could do it. They played the 2nd half of the NFC championship like they were asleep though.

I think Stillers have the stronger D and the better running game, and if Pouncey can play they're the champs.

I am a big conspiracy guy. Got me an aluminum lining in my hat and everything.

I have noticed a whole bunch of bandwagon jumpers have gone out and bought Steelers stuff, and very little packers stuff

“They” (and we all know who “They” are) will make sure the Packers win because then they can sell a bunch of Packers stuff to the same bandwagon jumpers

2 evenly matched teams, to be sure. So, rather than a coin flip, I'll go with how the Bills played both teams this year. Pitt was ours to beat (thanks,Stevie..) and the Pack slammed us.

Pitt has a Bill castoff starting at RT and a center who can't snap.

Pack. In a rout.

Just so you know, Scott plays LT for them, Flozell RT. They will only have one "planned" starter from training camp on the oline in there on Sunday. Makes you think how important those positions are, doesn't it?

I'm hoping the Pack wins because I don't want to hear about a Steelers victory. I also think Troy P is hurt worse than they let on, he hasn't been the same since the Cin game. 42-31 Pack.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

I am a big conspiracy guy. Got me an aluminum lining in my hat and everything.

I have noticed a whole bunch of bandwagon jumpers have gone out and bought Steelers stuff, and very little packers stuff

“They” (and we all know who “They” are) will make sure the Packers win because then they can sell a bunch of Packers stuff to the same bandwagon jumpers

Please report to 280 Park Avenue for reeducation.

I'm going with Green Bay, because for the past two years I was resoundingly mocked here for predicting that

Graham Harrell

would soon be wearing a Superbowl ring, and because I have an overwhelming desire to laugh at his detractors! :nana:

He'll be wearing one having done less than Rob Johnson did the year Rob got his ring. I guess years from now he can wear the ring even though he never has and never will play in an NFL game. I hope he never gets so low that he walks around with the ring claiming to be Aaron Rodgers.

Trivia question: What do you, me & Graham Harrell have in common: Answer: None of us has ever played in an NFL game.

He'll be wearing one having done less than Rob Johnson did the year Rob got his ring. I guess years from now he can wear the ring even though he never has and never will play in an NFL game. I hope he never gets so low that he walks around with the ring claiming to be Aaron Rodgers.

Trivia question: What do you, me & Graham Harrell have in common: Answer: None of us has ever played in an regular season NFL game.

Wow...hate much?

Fixed your mistake for ya. ;)

And don't get too worried about GH's psyche or his NFL future, which is sure to be long and bright - especially for a kid that some morons claimed would never make an NFL roster...

"I've learned a lot; I've grown a lot. Hopefully I can continue to improve and learn from Aaron and from the guys here, and maybe when I get my shot, I can perform well." If the Packers win the title without Harrell playing a single snap this season, he said he still will wear his Super Bowl ring proudly. It may never be any better than this. "A guy like Donald Driver has been in the league for 12 years and is experiencing this for the first time, and I come in on the first year," Harrell said. "It's almost spoiling me. I'm thinking this is how it's supposed to be every year. It would be nice if it was like this every year, but it's an unbelievable thing that's happened, and to experience it my first year, it's been awesome. And I think probably looking back in 10 years or so I'll appreciate it even more."

Link - Harrell giddy over Super Bowl appearance :beer: )

Edited by The Senator