South 24, North 10

BillsPhan

So much for the bloggers at Scout.com knowing what they were talking about. Makes me wonder why their moronic smart ass opinions mocking Gailey's practices out for being too soft and spending too much time on special teams were even posted.

Marvin Lewis's North squads practices, according to "more then one scout", were more physical and "scoutable"? Really? Well if the North practiced so much tougher, how could the South have out rushed them 127 to 0. (Yes - the North netted 0, (ZERO) yards rushing.) And how could the South have held the ball for over 35 minutes to the North's 25 minutes? And how could the South have outgained the North 317 - 238?

Chan Gailey was subjected to cheap shots by the media and competing scouts around the NFL. He certainly wasn't perfect during the Bills' 4-12-0 season, but he accepted this opportunity to bring his coaches to Mobile and work with these kids for two weeks, and in the end his team won easily. I say, Good job representing the Buffalo Bills Chan, and let's hope those extra days getting to know his South team pays off in the draft this year! :thumbsup:

Shows how dumb M Lewis to start Locker, He sucked and during practice. Kaepernick is the only who showed any thing out there for the North and that was under a lot pressure. Kid has got skills and Chan could mold him into a star. Ponder was nice but we already have Fitz.

Von Miller, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Colin McCarthy, Leonard Hankerson, Phil Taylor looked good.

i'm glad gailey was frustrating scouts. scouting is all about getting good lucks. why should gailey give other teams good looks? i scout baseball in taiwan and local scouts are always feeding bad info to out of town scouts who fly in. one guy from the braves spent a whole weekend in the wrong city looking for a baseball field that didn't exist because a rival scout fed him false info on the flight over. all is fair in love, war, and scouting.

Chan Gailey can prove his real coaching worth the next 2 years figuring he'll get 2 more seasons to turn it around.

Whatever...

That's not what the Post was about...I don't disagree with you're point, but these idiots ripped Gailey and the Bills Staff for the way they were Coaching these Kids and today it looked pretty clear which side was better prepared to play...

I'm not willing to give anyone in this Bills Organization a pass when the real bullets fly either...But I don't see a reason for pessimism in this case at all...They were clearly criticized and in the end it seems like they did a pretty good Job in helping these Kids get better... B-)

how come the Bills rush d allows 23452152 yards a game then?

Because they had the worst starting four LB's in the league.

So much for the bloggers at Scout.com knowing what they were talking about. Makes me wonder why their moronic smart ass opinions mocking Gailey's practices out for being too soft and spending too much time on special teams were even posted.

Marvin Lewis's North squads practices, according to "more then one scout", were more physical and "scoutable"? Really? Well if the North practiced so much tougher, how could the South have out rushed them 127 to 0. (Yes - the North netted 0, (ZERO) yards rushing.) And how could the South have held the ball for over 35 minutes to the North's 25 minutes? And how could the South have outgained the North 317 - 238?

Chan Gailey was subjected to cheap shots by the media and competing scouts around the NFL. He certainly wasn't perfect during the Bills' 4-12-0 season, but he accepted this opportunity to bring his coaches to Mobile and work with these kids for two weeks, and in the end his team won easily. I say, Good job representing the Buffalo Bills Chan, and let's hope those extra days getting to know his South team pays off in the draft this year! :thumbsup:

That Scouts.com post was FoS to begin with. Frankly, I think it was a hoax.

I watched one of the practices from earlier in the week on NFL Network and there is no correspondence between that so-called report and what I saw.

The NFL Network guys - especially Mayock - were consistently praising Gailey's staff - with specifics - not vagueries.

The practices I saw over 90 minutes had zero special teams action and lots of great drills and physical play across the board.

Still nice to see Gailey put the nail in whatever that BS was with a big win...

Oh - and in case you hadn't heard from those idiots who were mocking before - the consensus was also that the NORTH sqaud was much more highly rated going in. So Chan and his people actually got much more with less. Oooops!

Congratulations to Chan and the coaching staff for taking on and being successful at this additional mission. Let's hope that the exposure to some of the best college players (on both teams) pays off for us.

- Having Chan coach the South put me in the odd position of rooting for the rebels, but all's well that ends well. - Way to represent Chan!!!

Yep I am shocked that the North Offensive line did not preform better than they did. That line was loaded with talent. I know that Carmini pulled out of the game at the last minute but they still had a lot of talent there.

The other tidbit that makes the South win so beautiful is the report I read stating that the North squad had more and better pro prospects. This tells me that with the higher level of talent we should be getting (because our roster really leaves a lot to be desired), there is hope for the future.

Because they had the worst starting four LB's in the league.

That Scouts.com post was FoS to begin with. Frankly, I think it was a hoax.

I watched one of the practices from earlier in the week on NFL Network and there is no correspondence between that so-called report and what I saw.

The NFL Network guys - especially Mayock - were consistently praising Gailey's staff - with specifics - not vagueries.

The practices I saw over 90 minutes had zero special teams action and lots of great drills and physical play across the board.

Still nice to see Gailey put the nail in whatever that BS was with a big win...

Oh - and in case you hadn't heard from those idiots who were mocking before - the consensus was also that the NORTH sqaud was much more highly rated going in. So Chan and his people actually got much more with less. Oooops!

One thing you cannot really criticize Gailey for are his practices. I have watched them in the company of other highly respected local coaches and he gets high marks from them. Gailey coaches fundamentals very well. His practices are classic.

Congratulations to Chan and the coaching staff for taking on and being successful at this additional mission. Let's hope that the exposure to some of the best college players (on both teams) pays off for us.

Thats what I'm hoping for too. Going into the draft, it's nice know with some degree of certainty which players can make the transition to the NFL. Most Coaches and GMs don't have a chance like this to see what players are really like. This can only be a good thing for the Bills!

Edited by saundena

I made it too the game....On the sidlines the entire time. I did "not" see our new assistant head coach at the game. I'm not sure if he was there during the week.

He was not there. His job was to stay in the cold and watch film of our players.

One thing you cannot really criticize Gailey for are his practices. I have watched them in the company of other highly respected local coaches and he gets high marks from them. Gailey coaches fundamentals very well. His practices are classic.

He had his squad ready to go and they stuck it to the "more talented" North squad. There are a ton of factors that go into making a football team, and for an all star game - coaches don't have a lot of time as they're together for one week and play a single game. I think the North squad looked like they'd been paying attention to their agents than to the fundamentals and just did not seem like they were into the game.

That's not what the Post was about...I don't disagree with you're point, but these idiots ripped Gailey and the Bills Staff for the way they were Coaching these Kids and today it looked pretty clear which side was better prepared to play...

Geez. Don't you people get it? No one, particularly scouts, give a flying !@#$ if any team was "prepared to play" or who wins a dumb-ass exhibition game. They wanted to get a good look at the kids coming out in the next draft all together and feel Gailey wasted this opportunity while the other coach did not. That is what they were bitching about. They are scouting the kids, not the coaches. Get it? Move on.

Edited by CodeMonkey