Astro-Mock 1

Astrobot

Trade for San Francisco's 7th, get 2nd rounder.

I'm not buying the word from 1 Bills Drive about sticking with our LB's.

1 7 Ryan Kerrigan OLB34 Purdue

2 34 Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

2 45 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas

3 68 Christian Ponder QB Florida State

4 99 Casey Matthews WILB Oregon

4 121 Cedric Thornton DE34 Southern Arkansas

5 130 Lee Ziemba OT Auburn

6 164 Mike Blanc DE34 Auburn

7 195 Delone Carter RBF Syracuse

Edited by Astrobot

I'm not buying any commentary on the draft coming out of One Bills Drive. By the same token I'm not buying any commentary coming out of any front office staffer from any franchise.

I'm not a Christion Ponder fan. It seems that he has never been the same since he had arm issues. I would not be affraid to take Locker if he was available in the second round. He made the point that his accuracy has dipped ever since he threw more from the pocket than when he rolled out. He is the type of diligent person who can with a lot of work improve his pocket throws, I think???????

No mocking of Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor is in error, IF, and that's a huge IF, he's available in the second round!! He made the most out of his chances to shine and moved up draft boards. The Jets and Steelers would likely look long and hard at this heir apparent to Kris Jenkins or Casey Hampton, so you'd have to jump up passed them to land this NT, IMO!! Late first is my thinking right now, and he'd look mighty good in Buffalo!!!

Aahhhh....I wish I could've seen the Senior Bowl. I also believe the Bills will be looking hard at improving their linebackers. There's little chance they bet on Merriman being back - enough not to get insurance, anyway - to full form. And besides, his contract is only 2 years.

I think it is important - very important - to notice how Edward's Defense played with what we might call a level playing field, talent-wise. And, the difference a really powerful, lane clogging DT like Phil Taylor can do for a run defense. I've got to think that our staff will look very hard at him if he's available in the second. To me, it seems a real lane clogger in the middle would be of much more value to us than another DE - since we have Carrington and Edwards, as is... and could take an OLB like Miller or Karrigan to generate pressure off the edge.

This draft will be tricky. I think, considering our needs, we'd be better served to have a lower first round pick and another second - as Astro suggested. Guys we might really like - as we sit now, like Taylor, for instance, might be picked up a few spots ahead of our high second and third round picks. Nevertheless, in the first 4 rounds, as it stands, we have 4 picks. If we don't make any moves, and we draft wisely and get lucky, then we should be able to walk away with 3 or 4 starters. You figure 1st and 2nd will be starters. If the 3rd is a QB, then I think he'll probably sit behind Fitz for a year or two. But, if we get a TE in the third or fourth, there's a good chance he could be starting - if what we have doesn't start producing real quick.

But, that second round is looking like a nice round to load up on linebackers.

Edited by sllib olaffub

I like the trade back but not the 1st pick

If SF trades up or Arizona it's for a QB, I think Fairley, and Bowens go 1 and 2 that leaves A.J Green, the 2 CBs and Dareus in the next 4 picks- If Dareus is there the Bills take him if one of the CBs are there the Bills could take him or trade down again with Detroit at that point LBs Kerrigan, Quinn, Miller, Ayers, Wilson and DEs Jordan, Heyward, Watts, are in play.

nice draft except Kerrigan imo. I definitely do NOT want to draft another DE and try and make him into an OLB. I like kerrigan, a lot. But I'm not sure he CAN play OLB. He's never done it before. I like Wilson, Williams, Ponder. I don't think Matthews will be there in the 4th, but you know more than me so, I'll take it.

My favorite 3 picks.

Astro - aafter the Senior Bowl, where do you see James Carpenter going? Before the game I was hoping he fell to our 4th, but IMO he was teh best tackle playing today, where does he go now? Also, where do you see Brewer going? M. Cannon? I am hoping for a starting RT in this draft.

Alos, J Jenkins from Clemson, Reed from Arisona, and Stocker from Tenn. - where does your site predict them going?

I saw enough of the tatted down QB and Dalton to wait for a QB later in the draft.....both those guys would be perfect as protoge's for Fitz

I agree that a trade down would be best.....but either Darious or Quinn should be the pick.....also....I was NOT AT ALL impressed with todays offensive linemen.....please bring in a servicable free agent RT.

Make RT and TE the free agent priorities.....and go HEAVY on defense in this draft

1 - Darius or Quinn

2 - best linebacker available OR best DE available that fits our defense

2 - same

3 - Dalton or Tatted QB (sorry forgot his name)

4 - Swing OL or defense

4 - Possibly a safety

5 - BPA

6 - BPA

7 - BPA

We are fine on WR......Evans isnt going anywhere.....Stevie J.....roscoe coming back....Nelson was a fined.....loved the rook who got hurt in camp

What "word" are you talking about???

I heard Nix slam the LB's for being too small earlier this week.

No duh they're drafting LB's. It's all dipsticks here on TWO-Bills-Drive who think they are drafting DL.

Your draft looks awesome to me - and spot on with the needs...

except for Ponder. I'm a Florida State alum and fan, and Ponder's a good kid and all, but his arm is a wreck, and he was a mess in practice this week. He also didn't look all that great this year. I think a 3rd round pick is too much for him.

Why would SF want to trade up with us? I dont see anyone that is top 5 worthy worth tading up for in this draft. I think the top 5 maybe the top 10 stay put.

Because in fantasy-land the Bills can trade anything to anybody and they'll just roll over & make the deal.

I've got a better idea-Nix should get both movie versions of "The Producers", study them carefully and figure a way to trade our 1st round pick to all 31 other teams. Then we'll have the rest of the 1st round. Instead of Bialystock & Bloom, it will be Nix & Gailey.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

No secondary help, which we desparately need?

Nice player, great program, great school :thumbsup::worthy::D ....

but way, way too risky in this day & age IMO to take a white player that high who doesn't play QB or LT. Even the phenomenal AJ Hawk didn't really pan out.

If we were to go with an OLB with the #7 pick Bruce Carter would be the choice, he's a superior player.

Ok we get that you have a huge man crush on Bruce Carter but taking him at 7 would be insane. The guy had major knee surgery a month ago and will def. be around in Rd 2 if not Rd 3.

nice draft except Kerrigan imo. I definitely do NOT want to draft another DE and try and make him into an OLB. I like kerrigan, a lot. But I'm not sure he CAN play OLB. He's never done it before. I like Wilson, Williams, Ponder. I don't think Matthews will be there in the 4th, but you know more than me so, I'll take it.

But this is what we do. we draft Cs and play them at guard. DE and try and convert them to LBs. we always do this so it is not out of our rehlm to continue so.

Nice player, great program, great school :thumbsup::worthy::D ....

but way, way too risky in this day & age IMO to take a white player that high who doesn't play QB or LT. Even the phenomenal AJ Hawk didn't really pan out.

Yeah and Jason sehorn of the Giants wasn't athletic enough to play Cb beacuse he was whit e also? LOL. Not too biased, are we?

All the mocks with the QB trade-up motive keep forgetting that as many as 4 teams may address their QB situation in FA with Palmer, Young, Kolb and McNabb.

Of which none of those 4 are free agents, Matt Hasselbeck is available however. So it would come down to giving up a 2nd round pick for one of those guys, or giving up a 2nd round pick for Gabbert or Newton.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson