OK so opinion time....what round do you think QB

Yes..Dalton is so overrated it makes me sick. There's nothing about him that makes me think he can be a successful starting QB in the NFL. I'd much rather draft Newton at #3 than take Dalton in any round.

Edited by Bangarang

Yes..Dalton is so overrated it makes me sick. There's nothing about him that makes me think he can be a successful starting QB in the NFL. I'd much rather draft Newton at #3 than take Dalton in any round.

Opinion time? So what have we been doing all this time?

Anyway, what makes you not like Dalton? Is it his unheard of winning percentage or his lack of throwing ints?

I guess all I had were questions..????

Anyway, what makes you not like Dalton? Is it his unheard of winning percentage or his lack of throwing ints?

Trent Edwards never threw a ton of interceptions. Vince Young has a good winning percentage. What's your point? I don't like Dalton's size and arm. I rarely saw his name mentioned until the Rose Bowl. It seems like people watched the Rose Bowl, Googled his stats and just assume he's some great QB. He's been less than stellar during Senior Bowl practices as well.

Edited by Bangarang

It's that fire, blinding hair he has

Mayock's started to make the comparisons to Kevin Kolb. Above average in many respects, not great at any one particular thing is more or less what Mayock's been saying. I think Kolb was viewed as a Round 3-4 QB prospect heading into the draft and ended up going pretty high in round #2. We're still a ways out, but after the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Day I think NFL talent evaluators will have a much beeter feel for Andy Dalton.

If scouts agree with Mayock's take, than it seems high 2nd round pick wouldn't be out of the question. The biggest question he has to answer is arm strength. The NFL is so QB straved that if he continues to impress in the evaluation process he'll certainly warrant interest.

Edited by Estro

I don't know much about Dalton except when you look at his stats he seems to have gotten better every year...almost every stat improved each year of his play, which to me says that the guy has talent and brains...does it mean he has the talent and brains to be a franchise QB in the NFL?...not sure...I seem to recall Nix and Gailey saying that this is exactly what they they look for in a QB, along with the fact that Dalton played for 4 years and was not a 1 year wonder...so 4 year player - check, improvement in play each year - check, has won a bowl game - check...only real problem might be his size...he's listed at 6'2" to 6' 3" and around 215 - 220 lbs...anything else I forget??

this in no way refers that I think the Bills will or should take him

Edited by Tsaikotic

I don't know much about Dalton except when you look at his stats he seems to have gotten better every year...almost every stat improved each year of his play, which to me says that the guy has talent and brains...does it mean he has the talent and brains to be a franchise QB in the NFL?...not sure...I seem to recall Nix and Gailey saying that this is exactly what they they look for in a QB, along with the fact that Dalton played for 4 years and was not a 1 year wonder...so 4 year player - check, improvement in play each year - check, has won a bowl game - check...only real problem might be his size...he's listed at 6'2" to 6' 3" and around 215 - 220 lbs...anything else I forget??

this in no way refers that I think the Bills will or should take him

Oh so you think the Bills should and will take him?

I say we go after V. Young as a free agent market when he gets cut (if he hasn't already). If not we truely evaluate Mallet and if he is as good or better then Bledsoe was coming out of college we take him at three seeing how this draft if full of defensive talent. I would take Bledsoe in his early years any day. Coming out and his first 8 years in the league he was a very good QB with a couple of rookie type years included. He led his team to the Playoffs in his second year threw for over 3500 yards 6 of those 8 years although he did throw a lot of INT's also which meant he took chances and he didn't have Chan. Anyway if he isn't worth the 3rd round pick go DL and take a QB in the later rounds, I still like J. Johnson out of A&M that kid has a gun and can make all the throws with ease and can run with QB size. He will be there in round 4 when we have 2 picks or round 5 i think unless he impresses a lot of people at the combines which he might do. Keep an eye on him he needs to learn how to read NFL defenses and who better to teach him then Fitz.

Does he make it to our 3rd round pick or no chance......

Good question John. :worthy:

With Wanny now on board, it makes even more sense to draft DT, DE or LB with that coveted number 3 overall pick. But I am going to stick to my guns, and I have believed this ever since Jim Kelly retired in February of 1997 and these opinion blogs on the internet were just beginning to pop up. To answer your question, ROUND 1, 3RD OVERALL PICK....the best QB Nix has on his board. Last year I ranted that the Bills should have picked Tebow or Clausen with the #9. Well, Clausen may have been a mistake (although no QB should be written off after just their rookie year), but Tebow seems to be making the Broncos look less crazy for drafting him with their first round pick.

At least Donahoe tried to draft the best QB on his board in '04 when he grabbed Lost-man. Too bad he didn't pull off a trade up for one of the other 3 GREAT QB's that came out that year before his pick came up. (I wonder if he tried?) Anyway, the biggest argument against my idea to just draft Clausen or Tebow at number 9 was that there were going to be more GREAT QB's to choose from in this year's draft, and the Bills should wait. But after Luck decided to go back to Stanford, all these other GREAT QB's fans on this board were just gushing over a year ago now suddenly all SUCK, right? Now Locker and Gabbert the guys are all flawed, and none of them deserve to be drafted in the first round at all.

B.S.! If Tim Tebow, who many on this board seriously did not think would be drafted at all last year, can work his way up to heading into his second year as the starting QB for Denver, then Locker, Mallett, Gabbert and Newton all deserve to be 1st round draft picks! And I think they all will be, or at least will all be gone by the time the Bills get to their second round pick. So to me, it makes perfect sense to suck it up and "reach" with their precious 3rd pick in the draft and secure their QB of the future this April.