Former Heisman Trophy Winner is Available

Herschel Walker is looking to make a comeback apparently. link to article -> My link

Should we bite? lol

I would not be so quick to laugh. I bet you this dude can still play..he is a freak of nature, and i know I would not want to the DB staring him in the face when that train is rolling toward me.

@49 That would be insane\awesome.

I bet he could be a 3rd down back. If you saw him in MMA he can pick up a blitz, and he had great hands for a dump off.

If he would play for a veteran minimum on a contender that needs a 3rd down back like Atlanta, that would be awesome.

He was a Georgia Bulldog so the fans would love it.

He is a freaking freak so maybe the Falcons allow him to come into training camp.

Hey more power to him, if he can. I doubt he'd be of use... but still the man is 50, in great shape, and still doing relatively amazing things. He was pretty impressive in his MMA fight for being 48 and a relative newbie to the scene. Much respect to Mr. Walker.

From the comment in that piece

"In his 2008 autobiography Breaking Free, Walker revealed that he suffers from dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as "multiple personality disorder".[20] He claimed that due to his disorder, he cannot remember the season he won the Heisman Trophy, let alone the moment."

This might explain it all.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/262750-herschel-walker-attempting-nfl-comeback#ixzz1C4ULj6kr

That being said I just turned 51 and I would love to see an old guy out there :thumbsup:

Oh and that disorder usually happens because of childhood abuse, poor guy.... I wonder if the book talks about that.

Edited by bowery4

From the comment in that piece

That being said I just turned 51 and I would love to see an old guy out there :thumbsup:

Oh and that disorder usually happens because of childhood abuse, poor guy.... I wonder if the book talks about that.

Cool beans, are their any GMs in the NFL That suffer from this??? :P

For anyone that says he needs the money I don't think he does. I'm pretty sure in the MMA piece espn did on him (which showed him to be a freak athlete even now) it was said that he is financially ok. And is just a competitor who thinks he can still compete with the best athletes in the world. And the conclusion of the piece was he might be right...

You know it is a shame that this dude will forever be remembered for the ridiculous trade that netted the Cowboys all those draft picks (and eventually a Super Bowl roster). I blame the Vikings more for not using Walker properly than I do for giving up so much to get him. He was one of the absolute greatest athletes to ever play in the NFL. He was edged out by Darrell Green as the fastest man in the NFL -- AND won a competition as the NFL's strongest man.

Dude is still kicking ass at 48. We should at least give him a tryout. At a minimum, think of the exposure it would generate.

"Herschel Walker continues to defy Father Time. The 48-year-old former NFL and college football star toyed with Scott Carson to pick up his second career mixed martial arts win on the Strikeforce card in San Jose, Calif."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/In-his-second-pro-MMA-fight-Herschel-Walker-whi?urn=mma-314174

OR open a BAR in Cheektowaga!

He doesn't need money.

He just crushed some kid in MMA last night.

He seriously might be able to play 3rd down back. If he was willing to play special teams too it's possible he could even make a roster. I'd love to see it.

Nothing like taking the interview out of context.

He was asked if he thought that he could still play football at the pro level, and he answered yes.

Did he say that he wanted to come back to the NFL? No.

Edited by GG