What's the difference between

BeastMode54

The difference between the Bills and the Packers? Well, there's a lot of difference. The biggest, their share holders (fans), hate, and will not tolerate, losing.

The Packers successfully transitioned from a 4-3 defense they were in for years to a 3-4 defense in a single year.

On the other hand, the Bills appear to be making that transition over several years.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Differences between the Green Bay Packers and the Buffalo Bills:

1. One team has an elite, superstar QB that will make them contenders for a decade.

2. One team has a generally competent front office, and one team is run by someone who likely can't control their own excretory functions.

That about sums it up.

Lets see...stable President and CEO...committing to a coaching staff etc...drafting an elite QB and not pinning one's hopes on 7th round pick from Harvard who throws 23 TD's and wows our fanbase because our QB play has been putrid so we will take anything we can get...

They do not have a 90+ meddling owner with cronies who pull his strings all for the sake of profit...they don't patchwork an OL together..they do not build their team from the outside in like the Bills do but from the inside out...

Shall I go on?

Re their executives: CEO Mark Murphy (a former NFL DB from Williamsville) and GM Ted Thompson are some of the best in the NFL. Thompson isn't perfect, but he's assembled a team that's lost 14 guys to IR, including several starters, and still performs well. They've been to the playoffs now 3 out of 4 years.

Management is the deciding factor in who goes to the playoffs and who doesn't. A good owner, while having a say, allows his GM to do their job. And likewise, the GM lets the HC do theirs. It's why GB and PIT are regularly in the post-season and why Buffalo's meddling ownership with his inner circle never get anywhere.

Edited by BillsVet

Sigh.....I know. Just frustrates the crap out of me. I really hope we have a good draft and maybe get at least 1 top notch FA. I like Nix but what kills me about him is he says, correctly, that you build through the draft. But you can't JUST build through the draft. I don't think they will go after any FA's that are high salary guys and that's what really bothers me. Less risk in proven players

Besides Ngata, (which the ravens will wrap him up!!!) what great FA's are even going to be out there to grab?

Besides Ngata, (which the ravens will wrap him up!!!) what great FA's are even going to be out there to grab?

Richard Seymour, Manny Lawson, NNamdi Asomugha,David Harris,Kiwanuka, Ray Edwards,Cullen Jenkins,Pat Williams, Alan Branch,Paul Soliai,Aubrayo Franklin,Chad Greenway,Ike Taylor,Champ Bailey,Dawan Landry,Bernard Pollard,Quentin Mikell just to name a few

They don't really spend that much. Except for Woodson, all those players were drafted and homegrown. Bills just suck at drafting.

They're also owned by a not-for-profit cooperative. No squawk if they put every penny back into the team.

They demand accountability and performance.

Example: 2007 D was top 10-ish on both points and yards. Team was 13-3.

2008 D was 20th-ish on both points and yards. Team was 6-10; O scored about the same but D gave up about 6 more ppg.

GB took out a broom, fired the entire defensive coaching staff, and switched from 4-3 to 3-4.

Next year, started 2 rookies at linebacker, D was top 10 on points, top 5 on yds

No nonsense about not knowing what they had to do or being out of position or needing a few more years.

Similar thing with Favre. OK, you've retired, we've made our plans. I'm sorry, you told us you retired and we made our plans accordingly. No thanks, our plans are made, good luck!

It could be us. *sigh*

Lets see...stable President and CEO...committing to a coaching staff etc...drafting an elite QB and not pinning one's hopes on 7th round pick from Harvard who throws 23 TD's and wows our fanbase because our QB play has been putrid so we will take anything we can get...

They do not have a 90+ meddling owner with cronies who pull his strings all for the sake of profit...they don't patchwork an OL together..they do not build their team from the outside in like the Bills do but from the inside out...

Shall I go on?

Nah, give it a rest. The part about a 90+ meddling owner, stable Pres and CEO is true.

Committing to a coaching staff....like 2008 Defensive coaching staff? Bzzzt. They know when to fold 'em. Just sayin'

7th round pick....If Rodgers goes down, their hopes are pinned on a 7th round pick. Just sayin'

They seem to have way way better judgment at who to draft. BJ Raji AND Matthews in the 1st same year we got Maybin. "nuff said

Nah, give it a rest. The part about a 90+ meddling owner, stable Pres and CEO is true.

Committing to a coaching staff....like 2008 Defensive coaching staff? Bzzzt. They know when to fold 'em. Just sayin'

7th round pick....If Rodgers goes down, their hopes are pinned on a 7th round pick. Just sayin'

They seem to have way way better judgment at who to draft. BJ Raji AND Matthews in the 1st same year we got Maybin. "nuff said

That former 7th round pick Matt Flynn easily held off Brian Brohm for the backup job and wasn't awful when called upon this season. Then again, what team can lose their starting franchise QB and perform as well? Tom Brady had Brian Hoyer for a backup, Peyton Manning has whom?

Say this, when they got rid of a Bob Sanders as their DC, they hired a real 34 DC in Dom Capers who knows his thing defensively despite a poor HC record.

The Packers embody how to be run in a small market. Buffalo remains stuck in a downward spiral I'm not sure if they're close to pulling out of.

Favre didn't hurt either !!!!!

You know the NFL existed before 1980??? and there were these guys named bart starr, forrest gregg (he played before he coached), don hutson(in the same sentence as Jerry Rice as greatest WR of all time), jim ringo, hornung, willie davis, nitshcke.... no to mention some guy named lombardi that played/coached in green bay before Reggie and Farve got there

Richard Seymour, Manny Lawson, NNamdi Asomugha,David Harris,Kiwanuka, Ray Edwards,Cullen Jenkins,Pat Williams, Alan Branch,Paul Soliai,Aubrayo Franklin,Chad Greenway,Ike Taylor,Champ Bailey,Dawan Landry,Bernard Pollard,Quentin Mikell just to name a few

You forgot the one the Bills should go after first Logan Mankins

Edited by Dadonkadonk