Wannstedt a Bill

Lou

next to Bowers....prince akukamara is the most over rated player in draft.

youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg&feature=player_embedded

How about these ones?

Peterson is a bust. Busty Busty Bust. Like Bill Belichick size bust.

Stay away.

If you are vying for the Bills to make the mistake of taking a DB at #3, atleast go with Prince Amukamara.

I think I finally got it.

I agree with Bowers being overrated.

The Bills taking a perimeter player at #3 is disastrous, imo.

Prince Amukamara will be a good CB in the NFL IMO.

Peterson is going to be abused and with the expectations that come with being drafted in the top 10 its going to blow up for whatever team makes that mistake.

Either way I don't want Amukamara or Peterson to be drafted by the Bills at #3.

BTW Justin Blackmon is a huge stud he would be a great Top 20 pick for the Bills in 2012. He Could end up being a rare WR worthy of a Top5 pick.

Weeden and Blackmon are going to put up huge numbers if they stay healthy in 2012.

People that thought Luck going back to school were wrong imo, there isn't really a significant injury that will knock a QB like Luck out of #1 unless he looses a limb.

However Blackmon was a first round pick in 2011. If a WR blows a knee, he is no longer going in the first round. That was a mistake imo. I wish him the best though,

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its better you don't know now, if you did it would change the outcome.

0:)

Uh huh. Sure thing bud. You can stop plagiarizing from other draft sites now.

There's no way you can scout a CB from the "few" games you watch because corners aren't always in the field of vision 90% of the time. The camera doesn't follow a CB around in every play. You'll see him backpedal and sometimes you'll see him turn but you won't see that every single time. You need scout tapes to see all that. It's not like a d-lineman or LB where you see them almost every single play. So quit your bullshtting and move on. Leave the scouting to the pros

My conjecture is that DW will have great input into the schemes that the D will play and the game planning for each week's opponent.

Edwards is still learning on the job. DW can be a great sounding board and mentor for him. He will be an excellent addition not only for getting the right players in The Draft & FA, but training camp and importantly at halftime of each game as well. Edwards will make the D calls for sets and coverages during the game. I think that can work. JMHO.

The Assistant Head Coach title is significant in that it means other teams must request and be granted permission to hire Wannstedt from Buffalo for any position other than Head Coach. It also means Wanny will make more money than he would've as a position coach.

As to how the Bills will structure their staff, that is entirely an internal matter. In Seattle, for example, they are currently structured where the GM reports to the Head Coach and the AHC/OL Tom Cable is apparently going to have a role in hiring the offensive coordinator. Even last year in Buffalo, everyone knew that Gailey was the OC even though Modkins had the title.

It's a good sign because the defense was truly terrible and it must improve. Whether Wannstedt ends up doing everything, doing the game planning while Edwards makes the calls on game day, or whatever, it gives Gailey the ability to adjust roles on the fly as he sees fit. Chan isn't going to throw Edwards under the bus, but it's pretty clear from his comments that he has a ton of respect for and confidence in Wannstedt.

How about these ones?

Peterson is a bust. Busty Busty Bust. Like Bill Belichick Terrence Cody size bust.

Stay away.

If you are vying for the Bills to make the mistake of taking a DB at #3, atleast go with Prince Amukamara.

I think I finally got it.

fixed.

Edited by dgrid

You really don't get this?

Actually I do get it, and it would help if you follow the logic of the thread where I was disputing the assertion that Wanny will have a higher role than Edwards simply because he has the Ass't HC title.

I think it's clear that he will have a bigger role on the team than an average LB coach would, and his background is the main reason that Gailey brought him in. But giving him the AHC title is totally irrelevant to what his actual responsibility will be.

Another way to look at this is, it could be the best thing to happen to Edwards.

Edwards should be on the hotseat with or without Wannstedt there. I have never subscribed to the theory that teams with coaches in waiting are any quicker to pull the trigger than other teams. There really doesn't seem to be any connection whatsoever.

If anything, this probably HELPS Edwards in his job security because he certainly appears to be over his head. Without Wanny's help, this could have been his last year without a significant improvement. With Wanny's help, the defense is likely to be better prepared and better coached and it may save Edwards' job. If Wanny is the one that behind the scenes is making all the right calls and decisions and Gailey promotes him to DC next year or the following year, Edwards was going to be fired anyway. And if Edwards' surprises us and proves his mettle, he will be that much better with Wanny's assistance.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Great publicity stunt by the Bills. That ought to be good for 5,000 season tix.

Let me see... George Edwards is the DC. But, his superior is the Asst. HC and LB coach. Hey George, sounds like you just got busted to shift supervisor and you answer to the Asst. Foreman.

Bills look totally lost. First thee switch to the 3-4. Oops, Buddy and Chan forget, we don't have the talent (or coaching) to make that switch. Well, now that we're halfway there and suck, how about let's go somewhere in between and we'll call it the "hybrid". The fans will buy that term hook, line and sinker and believe they are getting the best of both defenses and that the Bills will be successful with it. So, the season plays out and everyone knows Edwards is in over his head. So, let's bring in Dick LeBeau like we did in 03. Oops, we get Wanny now instead of LeBeau as a consultant? Fricking Wanny? He knows squat about the 3-4. Oh, wait. The Bills are going back to the 4-3. Brilliant. Meanwhile, the Bills still do not have the big three inside or any outside rushing presence. Oh, I get it, our 260 lb. outside LB Merriman will be a high motor DE in the 4-3.

Oh what fun it is being a Bills fan. One step forward, two steps backward.

Great publicity stunt by the Bills. That ought to be good for 5,000 season tix.

Let me see... George Edwards is the DC. But, his superior is the Asst. HC and LB coach. Hey George, sounds like you just got busted to shift supervisor and you answer to the Asst. Foreman.

Bills look totally lost. First thee switch to the 3-4. Oops, Buddy and Chan forget, we don't have the talent (or coaching) to make that switch. Well, now that we're halfway there and suck, how about let's go somewhere in between and we'll call it the "hybrid". The fans will buy that term hook, line and sinker and believe they are getting the best of both defenses and that the Bills will be successful with it. So, the season plays out and everyone knows Edwards is in over his head. So, let's bring in Dick LeBeau like we did in 03. Oops, we get Wanny now instead of LeBeau as a consultant? Fricking Wanny? He knows squat about the 3-4. Oh, wait. The Bills are going back to the 4-3. Brilliant. Meanwhile, the Bills still do not have the big three inside or any outside rushing presence. Oh, I get it, our 260 lb. outside LB Merriman will be a high motor DE in the 4-3.

Oh what fun it is being a Bills fan. One step forward, two steps backward.

Classic Bills fan self-loathing, Doc. Even when the Bills sign a big-name coach to deal with an obvious weakness, it is a reason to carp. Well played.

Outstanding move and a sign that the Bills are putting in place a solid foundation to build on.

Another rung climbed in the battle to attract defensive free agents.

We can all speculate about DW's role, but the bottom line is we have a solid guy who knows defenses and was thought of highly enough to be handed the reigns of 2 NFL teams and a major college program.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there'd be almost NO chance of landing DW without Chan. And there'd be no Chan without Buddy. Maybe we're actually building something here...

IMO, this is a great hire, but I have a question...

What happens to Bob Sanders, the OLB coach? Does he report to the Stache? or is he polishing up his resume?

We don't know yet but there are a couple possibilities.

One is that it's possible the real reason Wanny took this job is because Jauron is going to be named the Browns' DC. If that is the case, we already know that Jauron likes Sanders as a coach and offers him a better job and title to go to the Browns, perhaps as their DL coach the way he was for the Bills under Dick.

Another is that Wanny is LBs coach in title only, helps them, but has a lot of other responsibilities, too, helping both Gailey and Edwards, so the day to day LB position coach still needs to be manned by Sanders.

Another is that Sanders is just a good football coach who knows a bunch of positions and spreads his abilities out across the whole front seven.

Another is that he's simply allowed to go to another team as a position coach because he is no longer needed with Wanny around to coach LBs.

We'll just have to see. Apparently, Sanders coached LBs before under Wanny and they are very familiar with each other.