D. Talley vs V. Young

*shrugs*

Unless you're a Bills fan, or a big football fan during the time Talley played, you probably wouldn't know who he is. He was a good player, but not one of the household names and/or best, imo.

"However, it’s hard not to get the feeling that Talley is overreacting in all this. Talley was a rookie in 1983; Young was born in 1983. There are no doubt plenty of former players who were rookies in 1960, the year Talley was born, whom Talley wouldn’t recognize. Maybe Young isn’t the only one who needs to grow up."

I have to agree with this. And I imagine Talley's tweets/reactions weren't exactly the sort to encourage a positive reaction.

I think people are missing the point....

Pro players should be a student of the game.......and anyone who is a student of the game should know who Darrel Tally is.....pure and simple

I do NOT want this QB on my team

Some student you are......can't even spell his name! :lol:

Sounds to me like Tally is the one that needs to grow up. He was a fine player, but let's be honest, it's not like the guy was household name.

B.Smith

Kelly

T.Thomas

Bennett

Wolford

A.Reed

Hull

Lofton

Conlan

Tally

If Darryl Tally can tell me who the 10th best player on the 1960 Houston Oilers was off the top of his head, maybe he has a point.

http://profootballta...w-some-respect/

Apparently the former Bills great met Vince Young recently and according to Talley, Young had no idea who he was.

The perceived slight escalated on Twitter.

Love you Talley but take a chill pill man!

VY: when addressing a former football stud, don't reference your grandma's love for him. I promise, someday you'll understand.

It's not like Talley is Shane Nelson....

Quick, do names like Jack Youngblood, Hacksaw Reynolds, Otis Sistrunk, etc ring a bell with 40-somethings? Not HOF players but key players on very good 70s teams. Same with Talley. Not so much the personal slight that VY didn't know Talley but that he doesn't really know NFL history.

It's not like Talley is Shane Nelson....

Quick, do names like Jack Youngblood, Hacksaw Reynolds, Otis Sistrunk, etc ring a bell with 40-somethings? Not HOF players but key players on very good 70s teams. Same with Talley. Not so much the personal slight that VY didn't know Talley but that he doesn't really know NFL history.

Yeah, but those guys had wicked cool names. 'Otis Sistrunk' might be the best name ever for a D-lineman.

Actually, I'm sure it has more to do with a poor kid in Texas not necessarily spending his Sundays in front of the TV watching the NFL.

I now like VY. He says to Darryl, "my grandma loved u". That takes balls and a great sense of humor. Also he was not speaking highly of his grandmother as Darryl was without a doubt second in looks to Travis Henry and that is not a good thing. Darryl was my favorite player tho one helluva player at that and the type we need again.

You want people to know who you are? Get your picture taken holding the Lombardi trophy.

LOL! I believe you have hit the nail upon it's little head.

Daryl Talley sounds pretty stupid in all this nonsense.

Those Bills Super Bowl era players apparently basked in all the glory the night BEFORE the big game. Duh! At that point, they had achieved NOTHING. Oh, yeah, unless you enjoy hearing about the Lamar Hunt Trophy (who?)...

What a bunch of dickheads for not preparing for the big game. Four years in a row! Grrrrr.