Draft i would love to see

BIllsNation

one thing i do not want to see is a quarter back taken. all of the QB's in this years draft are overrated and not NFL ready. Buddy nix is unpredictable with his draft so my dream draft will look nothing like his but this is how i would love to see the draft go.

Rd 1. Marcel Dareus DT Alabama- fairley will be gone and bowers has only had one good season

Rd 2. Martez Wilson LB Illinois- good second round steal if hes availible

Rd 3. Casey Mathews LB Oregon- may go late in the second round but would be a great pick if hes still around

Rd 4. Marcus Cannon OT TCU- great size and a good run grinder

Rd 4. John Moffit OG Wisconson- played for the best rushing attack in college football could help out if Urbik doesnt work out for us

Rd 5. Andy Dalton QB TCU- i watched him a lot this year he could develop into a decent player

Rd 6. Greg Romeus DE Pitt- late round sleeper who had a good career at Pitt

Rd 7. Robert Hughes RB ND- great work ethic, great character, great size, great player. good power back for short yard situations he will be here because he did not play a lot in NDs offense because they switched to a spread and hes a pro back style overall a great steal

Dareus may not be BPA at #3 so I've pretty much moved on as far as us taking him there. He fits a need, but Buddy is not drafting for need. I like Wilson in the 2nd and Matthews in the 3rd. Marcus Cannon won't get passed the 2nd round. Andy Dalton will be a career backup in the NFL. We already have a guy like that starting.

Edited by Bangarang

Here is what I would do.....

- Somebody below us loves Cam Newton....you better believe it.....

- Maybe someone like the niners?

- Trade down with San Fran.....take their 2nd rounder

- Take Darius at San Frans pick

- Now you can get Marcus Cannon in the 2nd....and I guarantee you he will not be there in the 3rd....is is a perfect RT

- Then take your LB in the 2nd

one thing i do not want to see is a quarter back taken. all of the QB's in this years draft are overrated and not NFL ready. Buddy nix is unpredictable with his draft so my dream draft will look nothing like his but this is how i would love to see the draft go.

Rd 1. Marcel Dareus DT Alabama- fairley will be gone and bowers has only had one good season

Rd 3. Casey Mathews LB Oregon- may go late in the second round but would be a great pick if hes still around

Rd 4. John Moffit OG Wisconson- played for the best rushing attack in college football could help out if Urbik doesnt work out for us

Rd 5. Andy Dalton QB TCU- i watched him a lot this year he could develop into a decent player

Rd 7. Robert Hughes RB ND- great work ethic, great character, great size, great player. good power back for short yard situations he will be here because he did not play a lot in NDs offense because they switched to a spread and hes a pro back style overall a great steal

I do think that Farley will be picked first or second, That will open up the spot for Dareus. I just prey we don't pick the LSU CB. That would suck. We need a good run stuffer. Dareus is solid. I have to disagree on the QB spot. I think all the talk about Malletts mobility will drop him to the second round. but look at Sanchez, Brady, Matt Ryan. They are not Burners, but have all the rest of the tools. If Mallett or Locker slip to the second I would grab either one of them in a heartbeat. Casey Matthews would be a great pick up in the third, but he will be gone.

I actually would be happy if we took Mathews in the 2nd...he's going to go top half of 2nd IMO and probably top 10 of the 2nd (hopefully to us)

I do think that Farley will be picked first or second, That will open up the spot for Dareus. I just prey we don't pick the LSU CB. That would suck. We need a good run stuffer. Dareus is solid. I have to disagree on the QB spot. I think all the talk about Malletts mobility will drop him to the second round. but look at Sanchez, Brady, Matt Ryan. They are not Burners, but have all the rest of the tools. If Mallett or Locker slip to the second I would grab either one of them in a heartbeat. Casey Matthews would be a great pick up in the third, but he will be gone.

Last time we drafted because of need, we got Maybin.

this would be a very solid draft although i think matthews goes mid 2nd and cannon may be there at our 3rd pick. i think this builds our def line and gives us a nice presence up there with williams, edwards, troupe and carrington. wilson helps us at the lb position and if the gamble with merriman works then we could have a very good front seven next year.

I'm hoping someone falls in love with Peterson so we can drop down a few spots. As much as it pains me to say it Peterson or Green would not be bad picks at 3. I want to draft a d lineman or LB badly, but if Fairley and Bowers go first it may be better to get a top talent at another position.

I actually would be happy if we took Mathews in the 2nd...he's going to go top half of 2nd IMO and probably top 10 of the 2nd (hopefully to us)

Don't know much about Matthews but I'm curious. Is he any good or is he getting help from the family reputation.

In other words is he really a 2nd rounder or would he be a 3rd or 4th if his last name was Smith.

I haven't seen him play outside of the Championship game.

Easily the best mock draft I have seen. Cannon is a 2nd round tackle though, Id replace his name with James Carpenter who is likely to be on th eboard and is very good. Im not sure if Romeus will fall that much either. I like Dalton and all but Im holding out for a real superstar Qb not trying to fodder through late rounders at this point. Its just too unlkikely one comes in and takes over you know

You can trade down a few spots and still draft Dareus.

I wouldnt say that. We got Maybin because we are dumbassses. If we went BPA its Orakpo, if we go that need (passrush) its Orakpo. Somehow the idiot Bills FO got Maybin in the mix.

Dareus !!! most others good but Cannon wont fall that far, Matthews has great heritage but really isn't that great and Dalton isn't better than Brown so it is a wasted pick. The only QBs worth drafting are Gabbert and Mallett who we shouldn't try for unless we trade back a few times.

I wouldnt say that. We got Maybin because we are dumbassses. If we went BPA its Orakpo, if we go that need (passrush) its Orakpo. Somehow the idiot Bills FO got Maybin in the mix.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

or Matthews, Robert Ayers, Cushing, anyone but Maybin.

Last Time we drafted because of luxury we got Spiller. Neither way sounds good. Of Course, it will be a year or two behind a good line that will help Spiller. The Maybin pick was terrible I agree. I was so hoping we would grab Orakpo, but that is my usual feeling when I hear who the Bills pick in the first round. So this is my thinking. We need a D-Line and an O-Line, so We will pick a CB now. Figures.

Romeus is not so much a ' late round sleeper ' as he is a former 1st round DE prospect with a bad back and a shredded ACL. He probably won't be able to do anything in the combine (other than the Wonderlic).

Depending on what the doctors say, I'd probably burn a late-round pick on him - he could turn out to be the 'steal of the draft ' if he recovers fully, and certainly can't turn out any worse for us than Kyle Calloway did!

(If Wannstedt joins our coaching staff, we could probably sign Romeus as an undrafted FA if no one takes a chance drafting him.)