Heap, Olsen, H. Miller, Keller, the two rookie Patriots...

Anyone else see a pettern here??? Most if not every playoff team has a quality pass cathcing TE. Green Bay may be the only excpetion but only due to the injury of Jermichael Finely.

Either in FA or the draft this position has to be addressed. My hunch is that Gailey would use TE's as recievers if he had anyone better than Lee Evans' ankle killer Stupar to throw to.

Anyone else see a pettern here??? Most if not every playoff team has a quality pass cathcing TE. Green Bay may be the only excpetion but only due to the injury of Jermichael Finely.

Either in FA or the draft this position has to be addressed. My hunch is that Gailey would use TE's as recievers if he had anyone better than Lee Evans' ankle killer Stupar to throw to.

I agree. The TE position on this team is a huge weakness. You are right, most successful QBs/offenses have a very

good TE to hit 4-5 times a game. Some of these TEs have the speed to be down-field threats, but even the good

ones that don't have tremendous speed have great hands. I am not a huge Fitzpatrick fan, but I think that he would

look much better with a good TE to throw to.

I agree. The TE position on this team is a huge weakness. You are right, most successful QBs/offenses have a very

good TE to hit 4-5 times a game. Some of these TEs have the speed to be down-field threats, but even the good

ones that don't have tremendous speed have great hands. I am not a huge Fitzpatrick fan, but I think that he would

look much better with a good TE to throw to.

That's an understatement IMO. I've contended for years that they're literally wasting roster spots by keeping the 2 or 3 TEs they have. Have any of our TEs done anything? It's like we're playing with 10 guys on offense. I say cut them all and add a few players that might actually contribute something to the team.

Guys like Heath Miller and Jason Witten, they can catch passes using their size and mobility to consistently beat safeties and linebackers.

They can block like extra offensive linemen…so the D is not tipped off to the play call by the fact that they are in the game.

They can even drop into pass pro.

I never got excited about Shawn Nelson because he's one-dimensional. I'm not so much one of these pass-catching tight end guys…because those guys can actually be replaced by a wideout.

Give me a true tight end.

if they are in the playoffs wouldn't you just assume they have good players?

I mean a team with crappy players are not playing this time of year......

but I guess you can say it's a pattern, I say it's more like common sense......

the one thing I do agree with is that every team left in the playoffs have great TE's..... These guys are doing wonders for their QB's and offense.

look at Seattle's oline

Gailey already acknowledged that we have little contribution from our TE position. He's looking for a guy that can block, run good routes, and catch. I don't think, TE is going to be a priority of his unless he finds exactly what he's looking for.

Edited by Bangarang

Exactly the point of my thread. :)

Every playoff/good team has a quality QB, RB, WR, TE, OG, OT, C, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, CB, SS, FS, K, P, HC, OC, DC, FO.

There, now all the threads are covered. ;)

Something that can be taken from this is that playoff teams need good players at all positions. So many of the arguments made are that we need position x before position y. What difference does it make? You will go nowhere without both of them. I feel this is what Buddy Nix is after when he repeatedly claims they'll be drafting the BPA.

Guys like Heath Miller and Jason Witten, they can catch passes using their size and mobility to consistently beat safeties and linebackers.

They can block like extra offensive linemen…so the D is not tipped off to the play call by the fact that they are in the game.

They can even drop into pass pro.

I never got excited about Shawn Nelson because he's one-dimensional. I'm not so much one of these pass-catching tight end guys…because those guys can actually be replaced by a wideout.

Give me a true tight end.

You are correct. We need a true TE that can block and catch.

Nelson is a shakey prospect right now and he cannot block at all.

I would put quality TE as the 2nd most important position on the offense right behind QB. Even more important than LT. Its time the Bills sacked up and added one.

What about RT? Are you ready for another year of Wrotto, Howard, Pears, or Wang?

They have been getting production from Quarless though. TE seems to be THE place to create mismatches in the NFL today.

We haven't had a good TE in like 10 years since Jay R. left the team, we also haven't been to the playoffs in 10 years - After watching Olsen I saw the connection. A slight exaggeration, but what a difference a solid TE could make on this team.