Reserve playoff tickets

Spiller went on record the other morning on Twitter, and said for Bills fans to reserve their tickets for the playoffs next season, because he is going to do what it takes to get the Bills there. Seeing is believing and I am all eyes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The torch has been passed from Whitner to Spiller.

looks like it. Must be something about the 8th, er-uh, 9th pick.

I wish these nit-twits like Whitner, Spiller, Maybin would just STFU. So far, they've all demonstrated that they're nothing but "do nothing" windbags.

Spiller went on record the other morning on Twitter, and said for Bills fans to reserve their tickets for the playoffs next season, because he is going to do what it takes to get the Bills there. Seeing is believing and I am all eyes

So what two teams do you think will be playing in that playoff game that he buys tickets for his teammates?

I'd rather have a guy who is thinking Super Bowl championship, not just getting into the playoffs. Seattle was a nice story this past weekend in round 1, but they're not going to win the Super Bowl. Until the team has a legitimate shot at being in and winning the Super Bowl, I won't be satisfied with the team, even if they do make the playoffs. One and done is only slightly better than not making the playoffs. The only thing is there are so many fans who are too young to remember what a Super Bowl contender looks like, they're willing to settle for one playoff game & think the season is a success. To me, that is just sad.

He must be renting some buses and buying a block of tickets for the players.

The Bills chances of making the playoffs next year are about as great as Donte Whitner re-signing with Buffalo.

So you'd prefer if he said something along the lines of...

- Don't bother thinking playoffs, Bills fans, we have no chance (a la Wade Phillips)

- Well, we'll try to make the playoffs, but it's going to be hard (a la Dick Jauron)

- I don't care if we make the playoffs, I'm getting paid either way (a la Aaron Maybin--not verbally of course, but through his play)

Personally, I strongly prefer when guys show that they have serious aspirations of trying to get better. If Spiller is determined to do his part to help the Bills become a playoff team, what's so wrong with that? If he's willing to make himself accountable to the fans by saying (or tweeting) it publicly, in my opinion that's even better.

I'm afraid I just don't see the issue here...

- Don't bother thinking playoffs, Bills fans, we have no chance (a la Wade Phillips)

- Well, we'll try to make the playoffs, but it's going to be hard (a la Dick Jauron)

- I don't care if we make the playoffs, I'm getting paid either way (a la Aaron Maybin--not verbally of course, but through his play)

Personally, I strongly prefer when guys show that they have serious aspirations of trying to get better. If Spiller is determined to do his part to help the Bills become a playoff team, what's so wrong with that? If he's willing to make himself accountable to the fans by saying (or tweeting) it publicly, in my opinion that's even better.

It's along the lines of a guarantee, which is where a lot of people have the problem. Since guarantees are a dime a dozen these days, nobody pays attention to them anymore...unless they come from a player in a big market. E$PN would be all over it, if that was the case.

I like your point that I'd rather hear this than "Don't bother, we're not making the playoffs". Had Spiller said that, he'd be run out of town faster than McGahee. He really can't win here, can he?

I like your point that I'd rather hear this than "Don't bother, we're not making the playoffs". Had Spiller said that, he'd be run out of town faster than McGahee. He really can't win here, can he?

Really? He can't win? How about he keeps his mouth shut until he actually does contribute to some wins?

I've never understood why someone who thinks that the team is going to be good next season gets villified around here.

Oh wait, i do know why. If Eric Wood had twittered the same message, people here would be creaming themselves over it. People will use anything at their disposal to attack players they don't like.

Did he specify they are Bills playoff tickets?

If Eric Wood had twittered the same message, people here would be creaming themselves over it.

OMG he'z a mauler!!!!1

As Caveman said, I would "prefer if he said something along the lines of....".....nothing. Keep your mouth shut and do something to convince your own HC that you have something to contribute to this anemic offense.

What these kids can't figure out is that no one really wants to hear what they have to say between games. Well, almost no one.

Suggesting that it would be different if Wood made the same statement is ridiculous. More retarded "racism" insinuation.

I've never understood why someone who thinks that the team is going to be good next season gets villified around here.

Oh wait, i do know why. If Eric Wood had twittered the same message, people here would be creaming themselves over it. People will use anything at their disposal to attack players they don't like.

Ha! That had me spitting my drink out but it's so true. I said something similar during the Whitner thread. It's almost predictable at this point.

How about this, the only way we have a home game is either winning the afc east, or playing the other wild card team, assuming we are the 5th seed, in the afc championship...I could see buffalo making it as a wild card...but until Brady retires that's it.

As Caveman said, I would "prefer if he said something along the lines of....".....nothing. Keep your mouth shut and do something to convince your own HC that you have something to contribute to this anemic offense.

What these kids can't figure out is that no one really wants to hear what they have to say between games. Well, almost no one.

Suggesting that it would be different if Wood made the same statement is ridiculous. More retarded "racism" insinuation.

No racist overtones in his comment at all. I think he was alluding to Wood's undeserved demi-god status for giving Maybin the business in TC. People just fricking love Eric Wood and if he was tweeting, people would spin it as "damn this kid has heart. I wish we could line up 10 more Eric Woods next to Eric Wood."

Edited by stony

If you don't care what Spiller or anyone else has to say, don't read his twitter. The most pathetic part is how you guys moan and B word that these guys shouldn't twitter and such, but then hang on every single word that they tweet.

And the Wood comment had nothing to do with racism. Replace Wood with Fred Jackson, Brian Moorman, David Nelson, and everyone is creaming themselves as well. People are using this as a vehicle to hate on specific players they don't like.

No racist overtones in his comment at all. I think he was alluding to Wood's undeserved demi-god status for giving Maybin the business in TC. People just fricking love Eric Wood and if he was tweeting, people would spin it as "damn this kid has heart. I wish we could line up 10 more Eric Woods next to Eric Woods."

Totally agree. Though lately it would probably be seven Eric Woods and three Arthur Moatses.

Well!

Normally I would advise to temper such hope with caution, wait to see how the draft turns out, and get a look at a preseason game or or two before getting too overly optimistic - but if C.J. Spiller actually said that, I have only one thing to add...

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

Really? He can't win? How about he keeps his mouth shut until he actually does contribute to some wins?

Touche. Considering he tweeted, that makes even less sense.

Had he been asked by a reporter about the Bills' playoff chances next year, that's one thing. But proactively saying something to "the world" via Twitter is a bit too much.

I'll stand corrected - shutting is mouth (or disabling his keyboard) is the better approach.