Reserve playoff tickets

No racist overtones in his comment at all. I think he was alluding to Wood's undeserved demi-god status for giving Maybin the business in TC. People just fricking love Eric Wood and if he was tweeting, people would spin it as "damn this kid has heart. I wish we could line up 10 more Eric Woods next to Eric Woods."

He mentioned Wood, as opposed to, say Freddy--who is also revered here. Or Arthur Moats.

As for Wood, I thought his comment to Maybin was out of line back then--seeing as he was also a 1st round pick who was getting paid a lot of money that he had not yet earned (missed 6 games to injury his rookie season).

If you don't care what Spiller or anyone else has to say, don't read his twitter. The most pathetic part is how you guys moan and B word that these guys shouldn't twitter and such, but then hang on every single word that they tweet.

And the Wood comment had nothing to do with racism. Replace Wood with Fred Jackson, Brian Moorman, David Nelson, and everyone is creaming themselves as well. People are using this as a vehicle to hate on specific players they don't like.

I've never been on twitter. I'm responding to the post.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you'd prefer if he said something along the lines of...

- Don't bother thinking playoffs, Bills fans, we have no chance (a la Wade Phillips)

- Well, we'll try to make the playoffs, but it's going to be hard (a la Dick Jauron)

- I don't care if we make the playoffs, I'm getting paid either way (a la Aaron Maybin--not verbally of course, but through his play)

Personally, I strongly prefer when guys show that they have serious aspirations of trying to get better. If Spiller is determined to do his part to help the Bills become a playoff team, what's so wrong with that? If he's willing to make himself accountable to the fans by saying (or tweeting) it publicly, in my opinion that's even better.

I'm afraid I just don't see the issue here...

+1

I rather have a guy that thinks with the glass half full ....GET R Done CJ!!!

I have no problem at all with that. Hes trying to be positive and telling people he's going to put in the necessary work to be better and live up to his draft position. If you've ever heard him talk he is level headed and mature. He's not outspoken and cocky like Maybin and Whitner. They are totally different from him. I just don't get the abuse.

I've never understood why someone who thinks that the team is going to be good next season gets villified around here.

Oh wait, i do know why. If Eric Wood had twittered the same message, people here would be creaming themselves over it. People will use anything at their disposal to attack players they don't like.

Truth.

I've never understood why someone who thinks that the team is going to be good next season gets villified around here.

Oh wait, i do know why. If Eric Wood had twittered the same message, people here would be creaming themselves over it. People will use anything at their disposal to attack players they don't like.

I think people are okay with good players showing bravado. They want the bad players to shut up and improve.

If you don't care what Spiller or anyone else has to say, don't read his twitter. The most pathetic part is how you guys moan and B word that these guys shouldn't twitter and such, but then hang on every single word that they tweet.

And the Wood comment had nothing to do with racism. Replace Wood with Fred Jackson, Brian Moorman, David Nelson, and everyone is creaming themselves as well. People are using this as a vehicle to hate on specific players they don't like.

I don't read his (or anyone else's twitter.) And I didn't moan and B word about what he tweeted. I'm just postulating that a lot of people on this board would rather not hear predictions about the coming year. They probably would like to hear what the athlete is up to (maybe how he is preparing to win next year.)

I agree that people would take it differently from a player who has had more success (in the eyes of the fans anyway) such as Wood or Fred Jackson.

So you'd prefer if he said something along the lines of...

- Don't bother thinking playoffs, Bills fans, we have no chance (a la Wade Phillips)

- Well, we'll try to make the playoffs, but it's going to be hard (a la Dick Jauron)

- I don't care if we make the playoffs, I'm getting paid either way (a la Aaron Maybin--not verbally of course, but through his play)

Personally, I strongly prefer when guys show that they have serious aspirations of trying to get better. If Spiller is determined to do his part to help the Bills become a playoff team, what's so wrong with that? If he's willing to make himself accountable to the fans by saying (or tweeting) it publicly, in my opinion that's even better.

I'm afraid I just don't see the issue here...

I'd rather he just kept his damn mouth shut and not said anything.

Or if he felt the need to make some kind of statement, make it just the second part of what he said (doing everything he can this off season etc.). One member, and not even a major contributor, of a 4-12 amazingly far from the playoffs team like Buffalo making a statement telling the teams fans to buy playoff tickets next season makes him come off sounding like a complete !@#$. In my opinion anyway.

Nothing is guaranteed but death. Shut up and play ball is all I am saying.

I disagree. You can be guaranteed that no matter what a Bills player says, some fan is going to have a problem with it. Case in point... a young player tries to display a certain will to succeed and a confidence to achieve that success and posters want to tell him to STFU. God forbid any of our players exhibit confidence or emotion.

I don't read his (or anyone else's twitter.) And I didn't moan and B word about what he tweeted. I'm just postulating that a lot of people on this board would rather not hear predictions about the coming year. They probably would like to hear what the athlete is up to (maybe how he is preparing to win next year.)

I agree that people would take it differently from a player who has had more success (in the eyes of the fans anyway) such as Wood or Fred Jackson.

I'd rather he just kept his damn mouth shut and not said anything.

Or if he felt the need to make some kind of statement, make it just the second part of what he said (doing everything he can this off season etc.). One member, and not even a major contributor, of a 4-12 amazingly far from the playoffs team like Buffalo making a statement telling the teams fans to buy playoff tickets next season makes him come off sounding like a complete !@#$. In my opinion anyway.

So let me get this straight...you guys are okay with him saying he's going to do everything in his power to get better, but it's not okay for him to say what his end-goal is?

Sorry, but I don't agree. I agree even less that his simply needs to "keep his damn mouth shut". He's a kid in his early 20's that is excited about his career and where it has the potential to go. Let's try to keep that in perspective.

I can guarantee that if he does take us to the playoffs, this will not be the case. But we've heard it before from players on this team, and it hasn't amounted to squat.

Really? Marv Levy took us to four consecutive Super Bowls. Have you seen some of the comments about him on this board?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to visit this board if and when the Bills win the Super Bowl, only to find someone complaining that so and so didn't do enough and we barely won.

Really? Marv Levy took us to four consecutive Super Bowls. Have you seen some of the comments about him on this board?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to visit this board if and when the Bills win the Super Bowl, only to find someone complaining that so and so didn't do enough and we barely won.

Well, Marv's stint at GM kind of tainted people's memories of him...

A Super Bowl winner would be revered and relieve all the angst. Hopefully we get that trophy one day.

Point taken.

My point is, I prefer when athletes perform on the field. I don't find that much positive can come from making statements such as Spiller's. I would expect that to be his goal. I don't understand what saying it accomplishes.

Like I said in an earlier post, I expect a lot of the people on this board feel the same way, although you're right that some people will never be happy.

I disagree. You can be guaranteed that no matter what a Bills player says, some fan is going to have a problem with it. Case in point... a young player tries to display a certain will to succeed and a confidence to achieve that success and posters want to tell him to STFU. God forbid any of our players exhibit confidence or emotion.

Talk is real cheap for Bills players the past 10 years.

Let him display this "will to succeed and confidence" on the field, or in practice. It's obvious his coach hasn't been impressed with it so far. Why should we?

Edited by Mr. WEO

The point of this whole argument is that Wood is smart enough to realize that he should keep his mouth shut atleast until he earns the right to make undefendably boastfyul statements. Spiller should be smart enough to realize that the majority of the fanbase sees him as a disappointment at this point and that he should work hard to prove that he was worthy of being a top 10 pick before making idiotic statements such as this.

The point of this whole argument is that Wood is smart enough to realize that he should keep his mouth shut atleast until he earns the right to make undefendably boastfyul statements. Spiller should be smart enough to realize that the majority of the fanbase sees him as a disappointment at this point and that he should work hard to prove that he was worthy of being a top 10 pick before making idiotic statements such as this.

CJ Spiller thinks that instead of posting all of your thoughts on a message board, you should just STFU and do your job.

would you rather he tweet for fant to prepare for no post season play for another 2 or 3 years or 5 years?

Ralph already made that announcement in October.

I disagree. He shouldn't have been the one to call out Maybin in camp. He was a fellow first rounder with only 10 career games under his belt at the time.

Ralph already made that announcement in October.

I disagree. He shouldn't have been the one to call out Maybin in camp. He was a fellow first rounder with only 10 career games under his belt at the time.

I don't recall Wood's comment about Maybin. Didn't it have to do with his hold out?