Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe he'd sign with anyone unless he's promised a shot at he starting position. To do that again could set the team back with a QB competition. I'd be worried about how je'd handy a back up role. I could see him being another BillyJo Holbert who doesn't even study the play book. Not sure how much thought teams even give to back up vrs starters style being in contrast. If you develop a team to be most effective around Fitz strengths, how would it then do with Young in there. Granted switching mid game do to injury etc, could creat a difficult time for defensive game planning.

To me this is nothing more than some hack who know's little of anything about Fitz, sucess or lack there of, depending on your view, seeing a team that only won 4 games, has a QB who wasn't a star, and right away stating that's the most likely place for him to go to. If you do a search you may find a dozen other articles predicting other teams he'll sign with.

i sure hope that doesn't happen. He's jamarcus russel version 2.0.

Probably closer to Michael Vick 2.0 than Jamarcus Russell 2.0. He's better than Brohm, and I'd love to see what Gailey could do with him. If he flakes out, cut him and you haven't lost much. Similar to a Merriman type signing.

Vince Young is an upgrade. Say what you want, but the guy wins football games. Maybe a firm hand at the wheel like Chan and Fitz can straighten him out.

Really he wins football games? Then why has he been benched for 80 Year old Kerry Collins in Tennessee?? If he's such a winner how come they don't keep him and fire Jeff Fisher??? Yeah Sounds like a winner...

Edited by mattsox

As I said yesterday, he has absolutely ZERO leadership qualities. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

What was it like when you played ball with him? What level was that anyway? High School, college? I have heard interviews of former teammates and coaches that say he does possess leadership qualities.

Marginal upgrade at best, and comes with the risk of some MAJOR disruptions to team chemisty (the little they DO have).

PASS.

And personally, Id take a team full of smart, hard playing average talent guys over a team full of of dumb primadonnas with better athletic skills any day.

Edited by RkFast

Really he wins football games? Then why has he been benched for 80 Year old Kerry Collins in Tennessee?? If he's such a winner how come they don't keep him and fire Jeff Fisher??? Yeah Sounds like a winner...

uhm, no, the reason why he was benched in tennessee was because him and jeff fisher did not get along.

He's 30-17 as a starter in the NFL and he was 30-2 in college. He wins more than he loses.

Marginal upgrade at best, and comes with the risk of some MAJOR disruptions to team chemisty (the little they DO have).

PASS>

"Disruptions to team chemistry" are overrated. The Jets are in the playoffs.

"Disruptions to team chemistry" are overrated. The Jets are in the playoffs.

??? The jets have ZERO lockeroom issues. ALL their controversy has been outside of the locker room and they are a VERY tight group that buys what Ryan is selling lock, stock and barell.

What was it like when you played ball with him? What level was that anyway? High School, college? I have heard interviews of former teammates and coaches that say he does possess leadership qualities.

Have you read nothing about this guy lately? I didn't see anything that he was a good leader from his Tennessee teammates.