Bud Adams says Vince Young will not be on the team next year

boyst

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yet another cliche about someone who just wins...

From the AP article about VY being done posted in CNNSI:

"Young is 30-17 in his five NFL seasons, but only 13-14 against teams finishing a season at .500 or better. He's also battled questions over his work ethic, leadership and injuries. He suffered a season-ending thumb injury on his right hand Nov. 21, tossed his shoulder pads into the stands and told off coach Jeff Fisher in front of the locker room before storming out."

Whats Fitz’s record over teams with a winning record?

0 and ?? yea, lets stick with him!!!

"Young is 30-17 in his five NFL seasons, but only 13-14 against teams finishing a season at .500 or better."

That means VY is 17-3 against teams under .500. The Bills don't need to worry about beating winning teams they just need to win. Just look at the past two seasons and the bills have a lot of ugly losses to sub .500 teams

VY is so talented, so why are the Titans so willing to dump him? Everyone lobbying for him ignores the reasons. Selfish player, bad leader, poor work habits, locker room parriah. Why do you believe he's going to magically transform into a winner in Buffalo? Chan is getting rid of those kind of players here.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

he would be a nice addition....would save on us drafting a QB this year and would allow us to get other needs.....

I agree with that. If the front office thinks that Vince Young would be a better fit than the quarterbacks declaring for the draft then I think this would be a good addition.

Because Jeff Fisher never wanted him to begin with! This was the owner's pick.

Actually , it goes way beyond that right? Jeff Fisher himself is up next in the owner's evaluations since he will be looking at the coaching of the team. No guarantee that he will be on the team next season. So to say that Jeff Fisher is the reason they got rid of VY might be a bit misleading.

Just a word of caution RotBB23, coming on the board flexing I-muscles is the fastest way to be ushered off the board. See that word 'Probation' under your screen name? Tone down your rhetoric and cease the vulgarity. You have no more insight into the Bills/NFL than anyone else here. Acting like you do and belittling other posters comments isn't tolerated. Thank you and welcome to the board.

With Young being tossed out, that makes the top 3 QB's drafted in '06 jettisoned from the teams who drafted them: Young, Leinart & Cutler -all taken in the first 11 picks!

Talk about a crapshoot!:o

WOW REALLY? Flexing I-muscles LMAO good one im a use that one myself... Nobody belittled anybody WHY SO SENSATIVE! it's not that serious. Nobody said I had any insight (or acted like I do cuz do I work for the Bills uhh No just like you don't) into anything just relax its NOT THAT SERIOUS...

But id still take Young now Cutler is good as well as Young but Leinhart is pretty bad... LOL He might have been the only mistake of that draft...

Whats Fitz’s record over teams with a winning record?

0 and ?? yea, lets stick with him!!!

Last year with Fitz as the man under we beat the Jets who finished 9-7 and went to AFC Championship and the Colts.

You also can't totally blame the Stealers loss on Fitz' doorstep. He perfectly delivered the game winning OT TD, but Steve Johnson forgot to catch it.

What QB do you think if we plugged in here this year would have been able to lead us to wins over good teams?

The guy is a headcase and has not been able to perform for any more than small stretches of time. 39 starts in 5 years. 42 TD/42 INT.

Take him for a 6th round pick and vet minimum salary plus incentives? Sure. But let's not fall for the fantasy that there is a #3 overall pick just waiting to spring out of this guy. Just because Vick rose from the ashes doesn't mean every disaster story is going to have the same happy ending.

Even before Vick had the opportunity to reflect in prison while going from riches to rags, and get his priorities straight he was 1000x the QB VY is. Now he combines his football instincts and incredible athletics with preparation in the film room. He was never benched season in and season out like VY was. Bills are better off without him, it sounds like there are some maturity issues there.

As a draft note There is a QB in the 2011 draft who is strikingly similar to VY in playing style who i hope the Bills avoid for the same reasons.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Last year with Fitz as the man under we beat the Jets who finished 9-7 and went to AFC Championship and the Colts.

You also can't totally blame the Stealers loss on Fitz' doorstep. He perfectly delivered the game winning OT TD, but Steve Johnson forgot to catch it.

What QB do you think if we plugged in here this year would have been able to lead us to wins over good teams?

1- I wasn’t blaming fitz directly, we were talking about teams that won with who their QB was.

2- I most certainly can blame fitz because he threw a terrible pass that resulted in Polomalus pick, which was Fitz’s fault whether you are willing to admit it or not. Also he was the QB in charge of an offense that put up 16 points.

3- Who cares who could've won here, Fitz didnt and I dont think he can.

This thread can't possibly be serious. Every time a crappy "never will be" QB seems to be headed for the garbage pile, someone on this board posts what a tremendous upside the bum has. yes, Vince Young is a very, and incredibly talented athlete but a good QB, seriously, no. I was quietly watching when people posted threads for almost every other QB out there, but this one takes the cake. Sorry, it just gets old. In the NFL(Most cases) one man's trash is another man's trash.

You can set your watch by it. This is the same 'what have we got to lose', 'he's got upside', 'all the talent in the world' idiocy we heard about Brohm, Pat White and even Jamarcus Russell!

Just thinking of a landing spot for Vince Young since the Titans are saying that he will not be with the team next year. Do you think the Panthers would trade 1st round picks for Young and let Luck go to Titans?

I think Carolina would need to sweeten that deal a little bit to pry away a guy the Titians are about to cut in exchange for moving down 7 spots.

:doh:

Edited by KD in CT