Stevie Missed the Pro Bowl Cause He Missed "The Catch"

BillsPhan

Stevie J. has Pro Bowl numbers this season, and it looks even better compared to his rookie year last season. Great break out year, great numbers and.....one real bad dropped pass.

I believe if he catches that gorgeous pass in the end zone to upset the Steelers in OT, his ticket to Hawaii would be punched. Instead, his fellow players from the NFL watched his drop over and over on ESPN all week after, and that stuck in their minds more then all of the good things he accomplished.

Of course the Bills sucking this season played into it too, but that fact hurt Kyle Williams much more then Stevie. Let's face it, the WR's are the divas of the NFL, and Stevie likes to act out like a diva when he gets into the end zone. Diva's need to make more plays then quiet subdued WR's and Stevie hopefully learned a tough lesson....catch the easy passes in the end zone to win games! :doh:

As for big Kyle, nobody is going to vote in the nose tackle for the worst run defense in the NFL for any Pro Bowl. End of story. :w00t:

As a die hard Bills fan, I like both those players and think they both did have Pro Bowl type seasons. Stevie needs to work hard this off season and make even more plays next year to repeat since defenses will start doubling him next year. Williams on the other hand needs some real NFL caliber linemen and linebackers to play with him much more then he needs to improve his own game for next season. If there is a next season, that is.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your analysis is right on the money. The kid was hot with the media at that time and had he made that catch to beat the mighty Stillers in OT, I think he'd be one hot commodity right now. Once he dropped that (and made those ill-advised tweets), he instead became a laughing stock.

If he catches that ball then history is rewritten. That was by far the worst non wide open catch all season. For the Bills to come back like they did and then one man misses a wide open victory catch. If I was his teammate, I would be a little p-d off to say the least. He was probably thinking about how he was going to celebrate. After some of the catches we have seen him make...maybe he was just too wide open.

When Stevie consistently draws double coverage and still puts up numbers, then, and only then can he even be considered for the pro bowl. Johnson only got his numbers because Evans was getting all the defensive attention.

This team is 4-11 for a reason. Because the players suck. We need to acknowledge that. There is not one player on this Bills team worhty of the pro bowl. Not one.

Don't worry, he had plenty of other missed catches before and after that (especially after) that kept him out of he Pro Bowl

They guy has had a couple of good games and a bunch of bad ones. He was all over the media more for his tweets and celebrations then his play on the field, seems he did learn alot from T.O. last season

The kid needs to spend more time working out on the field making catches and less time tweeting and coming up with celebrations.

Don't worry, he had plenty of other missed catches before and after that (especially after) that kept him out of he Pro Bowl

Thank you for this. If he caught half of his drops there would have been no keeping him away from probowl status.

The kid has potential, but if he doesn't correct his habit of dropping passes he will fade into oblivion.

Great post!

I love that one of the best players on the team is belittled by the "fans" on this site sometimes. It is not just the team that sucks sometimes. :wallbash: I understand the "last decade" and all that but come on guys you can do better.

We're so desperate for anything to cheer about that a player who has a good season is immune from any critique, even if the critique (drops) is the same one we raked another player (Owens) over the coals for a year ago?

Thank you for this. If he caught half of his drops there would have been no keeping him away from probowl status.

The kid has potential, but if he doesn't correct his habit of dropping passes he will fade into oblivion.

Great post!

he is reminding me alot of T.O. (his "mentor" last season)

Both have potential to be greater, but seem to have a problem holding onto the ball when thrown to. They both received the most media attention not for their play on the field, but more for their "off field" antics (tweeting, interview comments) and TD celebrations.

T.O. could have put up numbers to be considered one of the greatest WR's ever to play the game, instead he will be known for what he says/does off the field.

Atleast Stevie has time to correct this and become a very good WR

When Stevie consistently draws double coverage and still puts up numbers, then, and only then can he even be considered for the pro bowl. Johnson only got his numbers because Evans was getting all the defensive attention.

This team is 4-11 for a reason. Because the players suck. We need to acknowledge that. There is not one player on this Bills team worhty of the pro bowl. Not one.

That's it I've seen enough of your negative posts to know you are a TROLL! Go post somewhere else because you are obviously not a Bills fan and they don't need your negative vibes. Ahh that felt good. Look we get that you don't like the Bills. Go Away.

Great post!

You're on the money Bill. I'd really like Stevie to learn from Andre Reed's example. Reed spent LOTS of practice time working on catching passes. When you get good enough, it becomes muscle memory. Although he (Reed) also had some inopportune drops in his career, there were a lot more clutch receptions. Stevie could emerge as a true pro-bowl receiver if he takes his performance up another notch.

he is reminding me alot of T.O. (his "mentor" last season)

Both have potential to be greater, but seem to have a problem holding onto the ball when thrown to. They both received the most media attention not for their play on the field, but more for their "off field" antics (tweeting, interview comments) and TD celebrations.

T.O. could have put up numbers to be considered one of the greatest WR's ever to play the game, instead he will be known for what he says/does off the field.

Atleast Stevie has time to correct this and become a very good WR

lol

yup...it's a shame he didn't put up big numbers

dude, you should do a quick wikipedia check before you post silly statements like that

I don't think he beats out Reggie Wayne even if he makes that catch. Not that Wayne belongs there.

The guy who clearly got screwed is Bowe. Better year than Steve Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d81d470fb/article/2011-pro-bowl-rosters

I don't know if you meant Bowe clearly got screwed because he isn't starting, but he definitely made the Pro Bowl roster.