How much you wanna bet

HelloNewman

The reason to move the safety up is to help with the run I see them keeping Poz around and not really getting a good second ILB so you bring up the safety like how Pitt does with TP. If you have shutdown corners you don't need a deep valve the corners can cover the WR without help which neither of our current corners are able to do right now

I understand your premise, I just think it's the wrong solution to the real problem. Shore up the front-7 so THEY can do the 2 things they are supposed to do: 1. Stop the run and 2. Generate a pass rush.

Once the front 7 are doing their jobs, the rest of the defense can make plays. Until the front 7 is taken care of, youre right, our safeties will have to play out of position to help the run. And that gets us the problems we have now. A couple of shut down corners will not help as much as some DLineman.

What you are saying isnt wrong, it's just not the best solution.

I have yet to hear that all I hear about him is he can be the next Charles Woodson or Nnamdi Asomugha in that case I would love to have him here we would have a corner better then that Jest corner and would be able to use our safety more towards the LOS

It's from Drafttek. They actually consider him most valuable as a FS and then as a CB.

Yes, drafting small DBs has worked so well in the past why not continue this trend for small players rather than front line or def front 7 types. :wallbash:

Where do I suggest any of that in my posts? All I said is that DB is, in fact, a need.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I understand your premise, I just think it's the wrong solution to the real problem. Shore up the front-7 so THEY can do the 2 things they are supposed to do: 1. Stop the run and 2. Generate a pass rush.

Once the front 7 are doing their jobs, the rest of the defense can make plays. Until the front 7 is taken care of, youre right, our safeties will have to play out of position to help the run. And that gets us the problems we have now. A couple of shut down corners will not help as much as some DLineman.

What you are saying isnt wrong, it's just not the best solution.

Correct. CBs look a lot better when WRs don't have 8 seconds to run around and get open.

I wouldn't be bummed if we got a really good WR. While we're not terribly weak at WR, we could use some upgrade at that position. You know, someone like Dez Bryant or Michael Crabtree. CB not so much. I personally hope we get a big fast monster DE who can get to the QB.

We tried the DE thing and look what we got - a big fast monster DE that can get to the QB - only we didn't realize that he was a 1 trick pony with who can get to COLLEGE quarterbacks and his COLLEGE speed isn't nearly all that fast in the NFL. He did make a nice bench warmer, though.....

We tried the DE thing and look what we got - a big fast monster DE that can get to the QB - only we didn't realize that he was a 1 trick pony with who can get to COLLEGE quarterbacks and his COLLEGE speed isn't nearly all that fast in the NFL. He did make a nice bench warmer, though.....

And before that, we tried the DE thing and got the best DE to ever play the game.

Aside from the disasterous Spiller pick, we did this last year John. Ralph drafts to sell tickets. Levy and Jauron are gone so I don't think that anybody will be stupid enough to take a corner in round 1, let alone a small safety.

My guess is that Ralph will make them draft a QB in the first round. I for one hope that QB is Ryan Mallett.

My guess is that the higher ups know Marcus Stroud is done as a starter......

I am wondering if you are basing your pick on the comments Ralph Wilson had right before we went to Fitz as a the starter......had he held off by a week maybe he wouldnt have said that.

or a QB :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry, but that sentiment makes no sense.

The last time the Bills took a QB with their very first selection in any draft: 1960

NINETEEN F'ING SIXTY! Richie Lucas from Penn State. Their first draft pick ever and last time they took a QB with such a pick.

Regardless of what you think of Fitz, if there is one position that should be overpursued, it's QB. You either have a franchise QB, or you are living paycheck to paycheck in this league.

But hey, they have taken 3 RB's with that first pick in the last 7 years.

My guess is that the higher ups know Marcus Stroud is done as a starter......

I am wondering if you are basing your pick on the comments Ralph Wilson had right before we went to Fitz as a the starter......had he held off by a week maybe he wouldnt have said that.

See my post above.

Actually they drafted a very undersized guy with really suspect workout numbers and only one year of starting experience in college. There are crapshoots and then there is using an early first rounder on a 225 pound DE who runs a 4.9 40.

I just know they are not going to draft for need. Instead they are going to draft a skill player like a CB or a WR. They are not going to use their 1st rounder for a lineman because of the Mike Williams debacle and the Aaron Maybin debacle. They fall in love with themselves and their draftboard too much and out-think themselves and we all know the outcome.....busts.

I don't know who the Bills will select. however I can tell you a couple things:

1. The 1st round pick will very likely make little sense, and probably have NO impact on the team as a starter.

2. The draft/experts will be laughing at the Bills/Ralph.

3. The board will go crazy and ate the pick.

4. Season ticket sales will take another nose dive.

or...

The Bills Front office will have a great day (1 and 2) and get this team some help.

:unsure:

They will find a way to screw it up. The best thing they could do is trade down and stockpile picks: Won't happen.

Let's hope they take a beast D-lineman.

And before that, we tried the DE thing and got the best DE to ever play the game.

Ah yes, back when we actually had the ability to draft well and select guys who weren't projects, whose skills were actually NFL caliber. Funny how we were in the Super Bowl those years and with the early round busts we've been drafting recently we haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade, isn't it?

Hate to break this to you, but Corner Back IS a need. And if they let Whitner walk, then Safety IS a need as well.

I dont think we should use our first pick on those positions, but dont be surprised if we take a DB as early as Round 3. And dont be surprised if we pick up a couple of DBs total.

CBs and safites are NEVER a "need" because they are a dime a dozen. ANY decently fast, thin player can play in the backfield. Name me some teams that people look at and go "wow...if they only could fix that defensive backfield!"

i don't even care about the position anymore. As has been mentioned numerous times, just select a guy that can step in and contribute and prove to be "worthy" of a #1 pick. Just don't screw it up. The only exception i will be OK with is QB. If they select a Mallett or Newton, then Ok, i can live with them being an understudy for a year or so.

CBs and safites are NEVER a "need" because they are a dime a dozen. ANY decently fast, thin player can play in the backfield. Name me some teams that people look at and go "wow...if they only could fix that defensive backfield!"

The Houston Texans this season. 2008 New Orleans Saints, who finished 8-8 despite Drew Brees nearly breaking Marino's single season passing yard record. Prompting them to spend big money in the offseason on Darren Sharper and Jabari Greer and winning the Super Bowl the following season.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I just know they are not going to draft for need. Instead they are going to draft a skill player like a CB or a WR. They are not going to use their 1st rounder for a lineman because of the Mike Williams debacle and the Aaron Maybin debacle. They fall in love with themselves and their draftboard too much and out-think themselves and we all know the outcome.....busts.

Wow - I can't wait for the next three months of speculation. :sick:

I don't know who the Bills will select. however I can tell you a couple things:

1. The 1st round pick will very likely make little sense, and probably have NO impact on the team as a starter.

2. The draft/experts will be laughing at the Bills/Ralph.

3. The board will go crazy and ate the pick.

4. Season ticket sales will take another nose dive.

or...

The Bills Front office will have a great day (1 and 2) and get this team some help.

:unsure:

They will find a way to screw it up. The best thing they could do is trade down and stockpile picks: Won't happen.

Let's hope they take a beast D-lineman.

The wheelhouse is day 3.

The Houston Texans this season. 2008 New Orleans Saints, who finished 8-8 despite Drew Brees nearly breaking Marino's single season passing yard record. Prompting them to spend big money in the offseason on Darren Sharper and Jabari Greer and winning the Super Bowl the following season.

Those were going to be my exact examples. We take for granted some of the things we have had around here.

It can be so frustrating to put up 30 points, and not be comfortable because you just know a safety is going to commit a penalty or a corner has been burned over and over game after game.

Edited by NoSaint

I tried Terry Tate's suggestion of whiting out the players on the depth chart who aren't reliable solid players at their position. And I was generous.

If the Bills draft anything but DE, LB, RT, or TE they are asleep at the switch 'cuz when I got done there was no one home at these positions.