Donte Whitner Sucks.

DreReed83

To those that CONTINUE to defend Whitner....Just comparing some of Whitner's numbers. Is he still worth the money? BULLLSHT.

DONTE WHITNERS CAREER...64 games started, 1.5 sacks, 5 INTs, 1 TD, 17 PDef, 3 FF.

ERIC BERRY - 14 GAMES STARTED, 2 sacks, 3 INT, 8 PDef, 1 FF.

TROY POLAMALU - (LAST 58 STARTS, 5 SEASONS) - 2 sacks, 19 INTs, 1 TD, 50 PDef, 5 FF

KENNY PHILLIPS - 19 GAMES STARTED, 12 PDef, 4 INTs,

ADRIAN WILSON - (LAST 5 SEASONS, 70 GAMES,) - 11.5 SACKS, 15 INTS, 1TD, 7 FF, 35 PDef

LARON LANDRY - (LAST 56 GAMES STARTED) - 4 sacks, 4 INT, 5 FF, 31 PDef.

YEREMIAH BELL - (LAST 57 STARTS) - 6 sacks, 4 INT, 8 FF, 36 PDef.

DAWAN LANDRY - (62 STARTS) - 5 sacks, 2 FF, 9 INTs, 24 PDef,

RENALDO HILL - (LAST 67 STARTS) - 2 sacks, 3 FF, 9 INTS, 2 SACKS, 22 PDef

So in conclusion, what is Donte Whitner good at?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that CONTINUE to defend Whitner....Just comparing some of Whitner's numbers. Is he still worth the money? BULLLSHT.

DONTE WHITNERS CAREER...64 games started, 1.5 sacks, 5 INTs, 1 TD, 17 PDef, 3 FF.

TROY POLAMALU - (LAST 58 STARTS, 5 SEASONS) - 2 sacks, 19 INTs, 1 TD, 50 PDef, 5 FF

ADRIAN WILSON - (LAST 5 SEASONS, 70 GAMES,) - 11.5 SACKS, 15 INTS, 1TD, 7 FF, 35 PDef

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He is good at two things:

1) Talking smack

2) collecting his paycheck

That is all.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Those stats don't really say anything about the strengths or weaknesses of Whitner or any of the players on the list. Some are better than him, some are worse. However Berry, Polamalu, Wilson and Laron Landry all make more than what Whitner is reportedly asking for (7 Mil) and all are old contracts except for Berry, who makes the most of all of them, so it's difficult to compare the $7 mill number against their contracts. The question isn't really how good is Whitner, which is probably average to above average, but what they'd replace him with or what resources (2nd round pick?) they'd have to use to get that replacement. You also conveniently left out tackles.

Good to know all we need to do is get rid of Poz and Whitner and our D will vault into the top 10.

:thumbsup: It's almost too easy.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

So predictable it's funny. Tom Brady has 7 seconds to throw and it's Whitner's fault. Geniuses.

I know. It's re-diculous! That said, Whitner does not have the numbers to be paid like a top 5 safety. Kudos to the FO for offering him fair market value.

My God, the board would melt if they over-paid Donte . . .

So predictable it's funny. Tom Brady has 7 seconds to throw and it's Whitner's fault. Geniuses.

If George Wilson or Jairus Byrd had been in coverage it would have been the front 7's fault.

Edited by Ramius

I know. It's re-diculous! That said, Whitner does not have the numbers to be paid like a top 5 safety. Kudos to the FO for offering him fair market value.

My God, the board would melt if they over-paid Donte . . .

Sorry - I don't buy it. Yeah, Brady had too much time - but Gronkowski must have been gaining ground on Whitner every one of those few (not seven) seconds to be as open as Whitner was leaving him.

And yeah, I admit it - I will never forgive him for not being Haloti (sp?) Ngata. Every time I watch Whitner come up small (while watching Ngata kick butt here in Maryland) I want to go back and time and stop Wilson from hiring Levy as GM.

Seriously - did Levy make a single good move in his tenure?