Minny-Philly game postponed until Tuesday.

Beerball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of sissies. Can't play in a little blizzard? NFL is totally ridiculous. You don't postpone football games because of snow. Now every time there is bad weather predicted they are going to postpone a game? BS. What's the threshold? 6 inches-game moved? 8? 10? I don't care if the players have to walk to the stadium and nobody shows up to watch it- you play the game. Who are they protecting? Vick? Maybe Favre? Now he can play his last game Tuesday? I'd be mad if I were the Giants. Unfair to other teams and especially unfair to other teams that have to play in the snow. Game is scheduled, you play it.

The city's in a state of emergency, and roads all over the place are closed.

The NFL is looking out for fan safety with this move. IMO, they made the right decision, letting the fans that bought tickets to the game get there and enjoy it safely.

What a bunch of sissies. Can't play in a little blizzard? NFL is totally ridiculous. You don't postpone football games because of snow. Now every time there is bad weather predicted they are going to postpone a game? BS. What's the threshold? 6 inches-game moved? 8? 10? I don't care if the players have to walk to the stadium and nobody shows up to watch it- you play the game. Who are they protecting? Vick? Maybe Favre? Now he can play his last game Tuesday? I'd be mad if I were the Giants. Unfair to other teams and especially unfair to other teams that have to play in the snow. Game is scheduled, you play it.

The Giants?

I think they are protecting the public. Supposed to be a big storm.

Some real tough guys on this board.

I hear NBC will be showing Heidi in it's place! (ask someone older than 55 for an explanation!)

I'm really amazed. I can't believe the NFL didn't basically say, the hell with the fans, think of the TV revenue. Likely many more people would have watched the game because of the expected bad weather. I was really disapointed to see there were no east coast games today, the only one would have been tonight, now nothing. Was looking forward to see them sliding all over the field, and not being able to see the lines.

The Giants?

I think they are protecting the public. Supposed to be a big storm.

Some real tough guys on this board.

Maybe not tough guys, but guys who were at the stadium for -26 wind chill or whatever it was for Jets/Raiders back to back games in 93/94.

The city's in a state of emergency, and roads all over the place are closed.

The NFL is looking out for fan safety with this move. IMO, they made the right decision, letting the fans that bought tickets to the game get there and enjoy it safely.

Public safety? More like looking for higher profit from parking and food sales at the game.. Never had a game postponed in Buffalo which routinely has much worse weather.. Not to mention viewers might be turning off a game they can't see on their screens, it's about television ratings.. You sound like a company man, public safety my ass!!

Goodell's plan is now complete. The NFL has officially become a pansy league. It was bad enough when they made it illegal to hit a QB. Then they make it illegal to tackle. Now they're postponing a game because it's going snow! Un friggin believable. Can you imagine what pansy rules will come out of the new CBA?

It's pathetic.

Public safety? More like looking for higher profit from parking and food sales at the game.. Never had a game postponed in Buffalo which routinely has much worse weather.. Not to mention viewers might be turning off a game they can't see on their screens, it's about television ratings.. You sound like a company man, public safety my ass!!

Actually, I think people would tune into a game they can't see, but I agree with the rest. If they cared about fan safety, they wouldn't have started the practice in the last ten years of scheduling night games after November 1st in the North...........They never even used to schedule 4PM games in the North.

how many times has this happened in the past (a game being canceled because of weather)?

This sets a pretty big precedent - if the weather is bad the NFL may cancel your game. What is deemed bad? 12 inches? 6 inches and lots of wind?

how many times has this happened in the past (a game being canceled because of weather)?

This sets a pretty big precedent - if the weather is bad the NFL may cancel your game. What is deemed bad? 12 inches? 6 inches and lots of wind?

I don't remember any time because of snow (hurricanes of course, I do remember).

Isn't Philly expected to declare a state of emergency possibly? If so roads are essentially, if not actually, closed. If so, right call. The only argument against it at that point is "but the schedule says...." which is silly. Disclaimer: I dont know the official state of Philly right now, so maybe not relevant.

The next layer: superbowl in NY. What do they do if they are in the same situation?

Edited by NoSaint

Isn't Philly expected to declare a state of emergency possibly? If so roads are essentially, if not actually, closed. If so, right call. The only argument against it at that point is "but the schedule says...." which is silly. Disclaimer: I dont know the official state of Philly right now, so maybe not relevant.

The next layer: superbowl in NY. What do they do if they are in the same situation?

Detroit, Minnesota, Indianapolis, and other northern dome Super Bowls could also be ruined by a blizzard, if they have to shut down the roads.