Minny-Philly game postponed until Tuesday.

Beerball

Some real tough guys on this board.

Considering the ridiculous s*** sandwiches the city of Buffalo is forced to eat from the national media; whether be putting up the difference in temperatures during dolphin games...for no reason whatsoever, or every, single announcer or color commentator referring to Buffalo's whether, even when games aren't being played here, to listen to how tough those fans are in philly as they can't handle 5 (or 7) inches of snow.

...yeah, we got a little bit of an ax to grind.

:P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Public safety? More like looking for higher profit from parking and food sales at the game.. Never had a game postponed in Buffalo which routinely has much worse weather.. Not to mention viewers might be turning off a game they can't see on their screens, it's about television ratings.. You sound like a company man, public safety my ass!!

Right, because moving a Sunday Night game to Tuesday Night will do wonders for television ratings.

I find the argument that the NFL did this because they are pansies or because they don't want teams playing in the snow ridiculous.

The mayor said early Sunday morning he was declaring a state of emergency at 2PM due to the storm. This would have effectively shut down the city, and they were anticipating major road closures and problems. The NFL's only real choice at this point was to delay the game. Stadiums take a lot of time to prep, and workers would have been arriving right around that time, not to mention some tailgaters starting to arrive as well.

"The world really is coming to an end. The NFL has cancelled and rescheduled two games in past two weeks due to weather"- Darryl Talley, source: Twitter

How true. And 12/21/12 is less than 2 years away. :bag:

The Governor says we are a nation of wussies!:

I agree

I hope no one calls for the govenor to appologize, because he is 100% right.

The Governor of PA, Ed Rendell had a funny line:

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything," Rendell added. "If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."

Anyways, only a few people here are actually qualified to offer a valid opinion about this. I have family members who grew up in Buffalo and lived in Philly.

Philly averages 20 inches of snow per year. Five inches had fallen by kickoff with a total of 12" of snowfall during "the blizzard."

I know with even small amounts of snowfall that Philly has very little snow clearing equipment and that the city quickly becomes paralyzed.

But I'd like to hear from an actual Philly resident on this one…not someone from Syracuse which averages over 100 inches of snowfall per year.