Does anyone actually think the Bills will beat the Pats*

Dan

We all know it's been a long and horrid run going against the Pats* this last decade. Horrid. Even in the games that were close, or we were leading... you just knew the Bills were going to find a way to blow it. And they have. But, for the first time in a long time, I'm beginning to believe in this team. I no longer see a 3rd and and goal from the 18 as an automatic FG try. For the first time in forever, they actually seem to make in-game adjustments.

Do these young guys actually think they can beat the Patriots*? The Pat* defense is looking less than stellar, but that damn Brady and the offense is playing as well as they ever have. So how can our less than stellar defense stop them?

And if by some Christmas miracle, the Bills could achieve victory, what does it do for this team's confidence? For the fans confidence in them? Does it once and for all end the doubts about Fitz and Chan? Does it wipe away a bad season? Or is it all just another cruel hoax to make us think this team is getting better when in actuality, they're just losing draft slots?

I want to believe.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know it's been a long and horrid run going against the Pats* this last decade. Horrid. Even in the games that were close, or we were leading... you just knew the Bills were going to find a way to blow it. And they have. But, for the first time in a long time, I'm beginning to believe in this team. I no longer see a 3rd and and goal from the 18 as an automatic FG try. For the first time in forever, they actually seem to make in-game adjustments.

Do these young guys actually think they can beat the Patriots*? The Pat* defense is looking less than stellar, but that damn Brady and the offense is playing as well as they ever have. So how can our less than stellar defense stop them?

And if by some Christmas miracle, the Bills could achieve victory, what does it do for this team's confidence? For the fans confidence in them? Does it once and for all end the doubts about Fitz and Chan? Does it wipe away a bad season? Or is it all just another cruel hoax to make us think this team is getting better when in actuality, they're just losing draft slots?

I want to believe.

As far as talent goes, the Pats* are by far the superior team. And they are also ones who translate that ability into results. rarely does that team make stupid mistakes. Having said that, lately we have played them very very close and that is not due to any charity on their part (which ofcourse they are NOT known for). I think we are close in terms of sheer will and coaching to be able to beat them. Can we beat them this Sunday ? I am not sure. If we click on all cylinders, make no mistakes and force them to make a couple perhaps we have a chance. If our OL was intact, Evans & Parrish were healthy I would say we could pull this one off especially as we are at home.

If I was a betting man, I would not bet on the Bills this Sunday. But as a fan, I am pumped, will cheer for them and hope they pull of what would be a colossal upset.

The way to play the pats defensively is to scrap any zone coverage. Brady has showed repeatedly he'll eat that up for breakfast,lunch,dinner,bed time snack,while he's sleeping. You get the picture. You play man to man vs their smallish receivers with double coverage on their tight ends, cause thats where the most damage, and their ability to pick up 3rd and medium range conversions will come from. You send pressure up the middle at Brady, and don't enable him to step up cleanly in the pocket. You have to send consistent pressure, and take chances your secondary will occasionally get beat. The guy has shown over the years if you just play coverage he's more than patient enough to dink and dunk you down the entire field all day. You need a big day from the middle of your defense ilb's. Kyle Williams and Poz will absolutely have to have monster games. The packers laid out the blueprint. However I don't expect the bills to measure that kind of defensive success against the Pats. We just don't have the defensive personnel. Our best shot at beating NE, is a steady dose of Fred Jackson. In this case the old adage being the best defense is a good offense. Don't turn the ball over, conservative football keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. It's a test that while i'm sure the Bills will fight they're just not there as a team yet to hang with NE. There's no shame in that. So long as they don't lay down scared. As far as what it would mean to beat the Pats? Getting the proverbial monkey off your back could work wonders for the future. The aura of "Well this game is a loss' will be gone, and everyone can stop hanging their heads in shame, knowing full well we can compete/and or beat all 3 division opponents. One can Hope.... :worthy:

Can they? Yes.

Will they? Not unless spray on stem cells go on sale at Wal Mart tomorrow.

Way too much riding on this for Belichick with his team 2 games ahead of the Jets and 2 to go. Pats go for the jugular, but the Bills aren't going to make it easy for them. NE offense trumps Buffalo's defense on paper. But Fitz and the boys are NOT gonna lay down in front of the home fans, defense or no defense.

Pats win but leave thinking, "We are NOT looking forward to playing these guys next year."

The way to play the pats defensively is to scrap any zone coverage. Brady has showed repeatedly he'll eat that up for breakfast,lunch,dinner,bed time snack,while he's sleeping. You get the picture. You play man to man vs their smallish receivers with double coverage on their tight ends, cause thats where the most damage, and their ability to pick up 3rd and medium range conversions will come from. You send pressure up the middle at Brady, and don't enable him to step up cleanly in the pocket. You have to send consistent pressure, and take chances your secondary will occasionally get beat. The guy has shown over the years if you just play coverage he's more than patient enough to dink and dunk you down the entire field all day. You need a big day from the middle of your defense ilb's. Kyle Williams and Poz will absolutely have to have monster games. The packers laid out the blueprint. However I don't expect the bills to measure that kind of defensive success against the Pats. We just don't have the defensive personnel. Our best shot at beating NE, is a steady dose of Fred Jackson. In this case the old adage being the best defense is a good offense. Don't turn the ball over, conservative football keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. It's a test that while i'm sure the Bills will fight they're just not there as a team yet to hang with NE. There's no shame in that. So long as they don't lay down scared. As far as what it would mean to beat the Pats? Getting the proverbial monkey off your back could work wonders for the future. The aura of "Well this game is a loss' will be gone, and everyone can stop hanging their heads in shame, knowing full well we can compete/and or beat all 3 division opponents. One can Hope.... :worthy:

I can agree with your take on how to beat them. And that's what has me worried. Chan has rarely relied on running the ball. I'm not sure why he hates Fred Jackson (i joke); but he needs to run the ball alot. I also don't like the use of 4-5 wides with no RB on 3rd and short in this one. BB is too smart; take away a run and his defense will have the answer. So, given Chan's tendencies this season; I'm not hopeful.

Also, we haven't blitzed consistently all season, either. Granted their blitzing more lately. But, I think they need to blitz 2 out of 3 plays and get some serious heat on Brady - penalties be damned. Not only does that - hopefully - pressure Brady; but known of our LBs are good in coverage. Play to their strengths and rush the passer, I say.

We'll see I suppose.

Bills are 5-0 all time on Dec 26th

Hey, I'm just pointing out facts...

I like that fact! :beer:

If the Browns can do it so can we.

Exactly! The browns played smash mouth football vs the pats. They kept punching them in the mouth and they took a couple on the chin. However they never let up! How did that happen? It started with their attitude! F*ck BB, TB, and the rest of pats! We're gonna bust their ass and leave everything we have on the field! And that is exactly what they did!

Its starts with our attitude. We come to play ball, but most importantly come to win. If any bills player leaves the field after the game knowing they could have given more, then that player needs to consider a new career.

ALL YOU GOT, SMASH MOUTH BALL...... BILLS NATION!!!!!

Exactly! The browns played smash mouth football vs the pats. They kept punching them in the mouth and they took a couple on the chin. However they never let up! How did that happen? It started with their attitude! F*ck BB, TB, and the rest of pats! We're gonna bust their ass and leave everything we have on the field! And that is exactly what they did!

Its starts with our attitude. We come to play ball, but most importantly come to win. If any bills player leaves the field after the game knowing they could have given more, then that player needs to consider a new career.

ALL YOU GOT, SMASH MOUTH BALL...... BILLS NATION!!!!!

You know what? I like that attitude!

ALL YOU GOT!

Who would have thought we would be one easy dropped pass away from beating Pittsburgh?

Ain't that the truth, Jim. Ain't that the truth. We had Pitt beat and they KNOW it. And if we play 'em next year, THAT is gonna be on their minds, believe me.