blackout sunday?

Hail Flutie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from NJ but I'll be in upstate NY for the holidays. What are the chances the game doesn't get blacked out on Sunday?

Well, I guess it depends where in "Upstate New York" you will be. The term "Upstate New York" doesn't have much utility for things like this as that term is used for about 90% or more of the total area of the state. I'm not trying to be a wise ass here, it's just a very vague term.

As you can see from this map, the game will be seen in much of the state.

Even if the game is blacked out in Buffalo and the rest of Western New York (that will be decided tomorrow, I believe), you might be able to see it, depending where in "Upstate New York" you will be.

EDIT: It looks like you will see the game if you are in an area that gets Syracuse stations, even if it is blacked out in Buffalo.

Edited by The Dean

Well, I guess it depends where in "Upstate New York" you will be. The term "Upstate New York" doesn't have much utility for things like this as that term is used for about 90% or more of the total area of the state. I'm not trying to be a wise ass here, it's just a very vague term.

Even if the game is blacked out in Buffalo and the rest of Western New York (that will be decided tomorrow, I believe), you might be able to see it, depending where in "Upstate New York" you will be.

EDIT: It looks like you will see the game if you are in an area that gets Syracuse stations, even if it is blacked out in Buffalo.

I can't stand the term upstate NY. Buffalo is in WNY! Thanks for the map.

Edited by MotownBillsFan

Didn't anyone ever tell you that there are two halves to NY - there is NYC/Long Island and than there is the rest of New York (i.e. upstate)

By the way the OP never did say what Turnpike exit he was from.

Bet OP is going to Poughkeepsie. Rough'n it in Upstate New York.

I'm from NJ but I'll be in upstate NY for the holidays. What are the chances the game doesn't get blacked out on Sunday?

Latest reports indicate the game will not sell out in time to avoid a blackout, but maybe Mr. Wilson will buy up the extra tix so the game will be televised.

(BTW He HAS done that before for all of you who think Ralph is a tight-wad)

Latest reports indicate the game will not sell out in time to avoid a blackout, but maybe Mr. Wilson will buy up the extra tix so the game will be televised.

(BTW He HAS done that before for all of you who think Ralph is a tight-wad)

Yes he has.

In the past, the local TV station may buy the last bit (in order to secure their game advertising) and i think Tops and other businesses have helped out. Hopefully they can get it done for the local fans.

I love that map! Is there anywhere else that tells you who the announcers are of other games (not NFL)......In this information age, I need to know everything, and it annoys me when I turn a game on and have no idea who is announcing.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that there are two halves to NY - there is NYC/Long Island and than there is the rest of New York (i.e. upstate)

By the way the OP never did say what Turnpike exit he was from.

I love when people ask me what Turnpike exit I'm from.

"Go !@#$ yourself. That's the Turnpike exit I'm from," is what I tell them.

This is unfortunately not true. Syracuse stations do get blacked out as well. You have to be almost as far east as Albany, as far north as Watertown, or as far south as Binghampton to avoid the stupid black out.

Edited by Metal Man

This is unfortunately not true. Syracuse stations do get blacked out as well. You have to be almost as far east as Albany, as far north as Watertown, or as far south as Binghampton to avoid the stupid black out.

The Jets game is on in Albany. Not the Bills. Ravenswood in Clifton Park is the place to see the Bills game.

Edited by Saratoga Leo