Looking ahead

NoSaint

Since I'm not D-Co and I dont have to worry about job security, I run a full house blitz 75% of the time.

If they score it will be quick which will give the offense more time to respond with a score.

Go after Brady with everything you have on almost every play. Force them to max protect and let McKelvin, Florence, Whitner or Byrd cover.

We have nothing to lose.

It's high risk high reward.

We've been able to get to the QBs since the Pittsburgh game.

no one stops them unless you put Marsha on her behind.

It's nearly impossible to game plan for this offense. Blitz too little and Brady picks you apart...blitz too much and Brady picks you apart. Your best bet is to score enough points to stay in the game, and then maybe....just maybe....Brady will make a mistake.

They should make Maybin earn some of that 25 million. Have him hide outside Brady's penthouse apartment with a tire iron, and then kneecap him when he steps out for his weekly pedicure :devil:

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

So, how do you beat Brady?! Watch the Packers vs pats game and that's how you beat him! Flynn had a pretty decent game, but he blew it at the end. The Packers had them beat or they were very close to it on that last drive! The packers d did a very good job! What makes it hard for us is our personnel. Not as talented as the Packers.

I feel guilty saying it but I've quietly been picking up pats players for fantasy football. With the finals this week Brady, bge, and Hernandez all should have good weeks I think. I just don't see how our D matches up yet. I figure best case I lose my league, but we finally beat Tom and Billy boy, worst case it's more of the same....

The only way to beat Brady is with pressure, constant pressure. If we can somehow keep the Pats* to 24 points or less, we have a shot at winning this game. Our offense, (I can't believe I'm saying this), is better than their defense. So if they can put the pressure on Brady and throw a pick or two and make him a bit skittish, the Bills have a shot at this thing.

Keep YOUR offense on the field as much as possible. Slow down the game, heavy duty running, Consider going with two tight ends for a good part of the game and use the fullback and jackson to fight for first downs. The Pats will make adjustments which will open up the pass game as the game progresses. Brady is nothing special when he is on the sidelines.

Defense? I guess if we had a killer pass rush that would be the best option, but in the absence of that I would take away the run and be more aggressive on the turnover. Mix up packages using nickel defense on an "irregular" regular basis and go for the interception.

I think we have not under Gailey been ones to emphasize trick plays, which would lead me to think we might be able to steal a possession or score usingone in this game. One, we're not going to the playoffs, Two they are really neat to see on TV, and three successful ones pyss Belichick off to no end.

take a little script from GB. Put your best coverage guy on Welker and have a LB smack him at the line. Also need to generate pressure but up the middle pressure not from the sides since the little girl will scamper off and slide. Play George Wilson over Byrd and have him in TE coverage. On offense run the ball I think ya can beat them by keeping Ball out of Marcias hands but need to utilize a little more play action on first down to keep them honest

The best defense is a good offense. They give up big holes in the running game and they have trouble finding the RBs in the passing game. Grind Jackson, get Spiller involved. Try to control the clock and you will be able to keep it close. Really that's been the book on this defense for the past 3-4 years since the old guard of Bruschi, McGinest, etc. were replaced. The defense is susceptible to long sustained drives. They're going to score the points on O, you can't stop it. Just keep the ball away from them as much as you can.

"Pressure on Brady"? Good luck with that unless you send 8 guys every play.

"Keep the Pats offense off the field". A little better chance at doing this than pressuring Brady, but still, good luck with that.

You can say "score a touchdown every time a Bill touches the ball" but it is meaningless unless you have a way to make it happen.

I think the only shot the Bills have is for Gailey to gamble his ass off. Do things he would never EVER consider doing normally and take the Pats by surprise. Like the onside opening kickoff yesterday. Unfortunately they will probably be looking for that particular one now. We are significantly outmatched on both sides of the ball. Gailey has to pull a wild gameplan out of his ass that makes the opening kickoff onside kick look as dull as Jauron-ball. No doubt Fitz will be game for it, he takes a lot of risks already. I mean, what have they got to lose?

You need a great pas rush without a ton of blitzing to slow down the pats. Given Buffalo does not have that, I'm not saure how we attack them. My guess is we will look to have them throw short and then pusish the receivers with hard hits. Hope for a turnover or two. Frankly, it's tough to imagine how the Bills will be able to hold the freakin Pats to below 30 points.

I say it every time we play the pats, we still owe them for Vinny Wilfork's flying elbow into Losman's knee! John Mccargo seems like a good candidate to get better aquinted with Tommy's knee! Otherwise we will not stop them.

This post takes "win at all costs" to a whole new, and quite disturbing, level.

They run, they pass, TEs, playaction.... How do we stop (limit) them? Pick your poison as a d coordinator. What's your focus? What do you make sure doesn't beat you and how?

Last week Rodney Harrison said that the only way to beat Brady is with a M2M defense. I think we have the DBs to play M2M. I say play 6-7 DBs and beg them to run the ball on us.

Last week Rodney Harrison said that the only way to beat Brady is with a M2M defense. I think we have the DBs to play M2M. I say play 6-7 DBs and beg them to run the ball on us.

did he say that, or the opposite? I remember seeing him talk about beating Brady, but I thought he said "without giving all the secrets away, you have to play zone"? I just barely caught it and could be wrong...

you were right, here is the clip. Pressure and M2M...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/rodney-harrison-breaks-down-how-to-defend-the-patriots/

Edited by DrDankenstein

"6-7 DBs" and you don't think Brady would be happy to hand off to Woodhead and BJGE? Our run D already is bad-and you want everyone to drop back in coverage?

did he say that, or the opposite? I remember seeing him talk about beating Brady, but I thought he said "without giving all the secrets away, you have to play zone"? I just barely caught it and could be wrong...

you were right, here is the clip. Pressure and M2M...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/rodney-harrison-breaks-down-how-to-defend-the-patriots/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/rodney-harrison-breaks-down-how-to-defend-the-patriots/

"You can't sit back in cover 2 cover 3...", starts at 2:20...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/rodney-harrison-breaks-down-how-to-defend-the-patriots/

"6-7 DBs" and you don't think Brady would be happy to hand off to Woodhead and BJGE? Our run D already is bad-and you want everyone to drop back in coverage?

Yes, I'd rather have that small fry try to beat us than Brady.