Tebow haters

Actually, most QB's of average stock play their best fresh out of the gate. The league is a copycat league, and until there is film on a player he can look a lot better than he really is. For reference, see Losman, Collins, Johnson, Edwards, even Bledsoe in the Bills offense for two games. For Tebo, the teams will start playing the run and dare him to beat them with his arm.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the haters that said he couldn't play? Looked pretty good for his first start with 2 Touchdowns, he should have been sitting behind Fitz being groomed as our QB of the future.

Wasnt there a quarterback with the name of JP Losman who's first career start was pretty solid. How did his career pan out?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81d08173/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lloyd-Christmas-special

were you watching this link? in any case, i've heard several commentators say that the seam route in a cover-2 is best beaten by the QB 'aiming for the back of the retreating mike's head'

edit: on second view, it bounces off of routt's head also.. ahahahahah

Yea, thats the link, but its grainy and choppy and I cant really see the ball coming down.

Thats not a seam route though, Seams are run between the hashes. The dropped TD though he does throw it off the defender who ahs his back turned.

Yea, thats the link, but its grainy and choppy and I cant really see the ball coming down.

Thats not a seam route though, Seams are run between the hashes. The dropped TD though he does throw it off the defender who ahs his back turned.

err, i should have prefaced the 'seam route' statement with the comment about fitzpatrick's pass hitting off of dansby's head.

Where are all the haters that said he couldn't play? Looked pretty good for his first start with 2 Touchdowns, he should have been sitting behind Fitz being groomed as our QB of the future.

Ummmm no? He didn't look that good.I expect my QB to THROW the ball, and he really did get LUCKY with that TD to Brandon Lloyd. Coulda, shoulda been picked off, so he hasn't shown me anything yet. Tebow only completed 8 passes dude. That's 2 passes per quarter. You think that's good?

You people need to up your standards.

bull ****. Here is the play on this reel. The guy was five yards open when Tebow is looking at him, and was looking inside. It was an easy TD pass if he lays it to the inside where the guy was running, looking, and going, with no defender able to get it. But the pass was WAY short and to the outside. The receiver, you can see him, has to stop and catch it falling away on the outside. he should have caught it because he was SO wide open that even though the ball was way short and on the other side, the defender still couldn't get there. QBs do throw passes to opposite shoulders short all the time, and it can be effective. Neither of us knows whether that was Tebow's intention. I highly doubt it. It would have been a terrible decision. The guy was wide open for an easy TD without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8IdC006HPP0

The TD was a jump ball that went right through the defenders hands who could have called a fair catch on it. He was waiting for the ball to come down, in 100x better position to make the catch than the WR. Not to mention the other defender who misjudged it too.

Thanx, those highlights prove he has a great arm and accuracy, better than Fitz in that department although Fitzy is a genius, and would make a great mentor. I've said it before and will say it again Tebow is the next John Elway. I'd trade Spiller for him strait up and would give them Evans as well if they wanted more.

timmy looks like a gamer, but he can't play qb. he didn't look good at all. maybe he could be a TE.

and he is the last guy i'd want to hanging around the sideline. people who can't keep their superstitions to themselves irritate the hell out of me. i rarely try to convert people to zorostrianism.

That's because we would all laugh at you.

Thanx, those highlights prove he has a great arm and accuracy, better than Fitz in that department although Fitzy is a genius, and would make a great mentor. I've said it before and will say it again Tebow is the next John Elway. I'd trade Spiller for him strait up and would give them Evans as well if they wanted more.

Tebow is not that good. I don't get people's obsession with him. His delivery STILL takes forever, his accuracy is off, and he'll always be a gimmick QB.

From that highlight clip of Tebow, i saw 2 passes that SHOULD'VE been intercepted (both in the endzone), and only 1 good throw. Completing 50% of his passes? C'mon dude.

Tebow is not that good. I don't get people's obsession with him. His delivery STILL takes forever, his accuracy is off, and he'll always be a gimmick QB.

From that highlight clip of Tebow, i saw 2 passes that SHOULD'VE been intercepted (both in the endzone), and only 1 good throw. Completing 50% of his passes? C'mon dude.

LOL, let's make an offense called the Wild QB, I'll put 3 QB's in the backfield, get rid of the RBs and see what happens. Get Vick, Tebow and Webb from Minnesota. 16-0 Baby! I'm a Genius. I should Patent this Formation. :wallbash:

It's great you're rooting for this kid but..... Elway?...Seriously? How bout shooting for Craig Morton first?

One game by Tebow is all the proof we need. Next stop: Canton!

PTR

You think this tread gets bumped every week he plays, or only on the weeks he does well?

With that said, it seems like he had a real nice game on Sunday. Congrats to Tim!

One game by Tebow is all the proof we need. Next stop: Canton!

PTR

Obviously, at least to the sane, it's going to take a long time to judge him, and most likely the best case scenario is a long, tough road while Tebow becomes a success or failure.

That said, in two games he's already done more than may of his "haters" made it sound like he's capable of. It's ridiculous to act like he's on his way to pro-bowls and stardom, but the fact that he hasn't thrown 6 interceptions, fumbled 8 times and he's still standing upright after the much tougher, stronger, faster, more talented NFL defenses have their way with him is reason enough for a little taunting.

Edited by Faustus

You think this tread gets bumped every week he plays, or only on the weeks he does well?

Aren't those the same thing? According to the Teblowers, he is always amazing at everything.

There will never be another athlete like him. At least until Cam Newton.

With that said, it seems like he had a real nice game on Sunday. Congrats to Tim!

You starry eyed Tebow lovah.

Just kidding Dean-O. I can't for the life of me, figure out why people hate the kid so much. All he's ever done is win and keep his nose clean. Now everyone loves Michael Vick. Go figure. Crazy woild Dean-O, crazy woild.