Tebow haters

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lucky td that bounced off the DBs hands. and that was for 40. you take that out and it isnt pretty. he also converted 2-16 3rd down conversions.

id like to see him play well but its to soon. they should have let quinn get killed and let timmy rara hold the clip board.

What about the perfect strike he threw for about 20 yards in the endzone that his target dropped? I'm just saying, let's point out all of the plays if you are going to single out one "lucky" play.

He looked pretty decent for a rook on the road yesterday. He definitely wasn't scared, I can tell you that.

What about the perfect strike he threw for about 20 yards in the endzone that his target dropped? I'm just saying, let's point out all of the plays if you are going to single out one "lucky" play.

He looked pretty decent for a rook on the road yesterday. He definitely wasn't scared, I can tell you that.

It wasn't close to a perfect strike. It was to the wrong side and three yards short. The WR was looking inside and very open, had to stop and look to the outside and catch it while falling backwards. It did, however, hit the WR in both hands so it should have been a TD.

Being scared has nothing to do with it. You can't win games completing 8 passes, having a 50% completion percentage and not being able to convert third downs. I don't think he did anything yesterday to change anyone's mind about him, and he didn't do anything to show that he could become a legitimate starting QB, let alone a great one.

It wasn't close to a perfect strike. It was to the wrong side and three yards short. The WR was looking inside and very open, had to stop and look to the outside and catch it while falling backwards. It did, however, hit the WR in both hands so it should have been a TD.

No, that was a perfect strike – its called a back shoulder throw. Saying it wasn’t a good pass shows you don’t really know where a QB tries to put a ball, or you just don’t like Tebow enough to be clouded in your assessment.

Tebow did not look good (especially passing-wow it was ugly), although it was his first start.

I didn’t see the game, but I did watch the highlights on NFL.com. He only completed 8 or 16, and I saw the one that was dropped (9-16 with 2 TDs), so he didn’t complete many. But the ones he did complete in the highlights were all incredible plays/throws. The other ones could have been just as terrible but I wouldn’t know. Watching those highlights though, he lokoed great, and if he can build off of that, he will be fun to watch. Both in April and in hindsight I’d rather have taken a flyer on him than on Spiller.

My take is he played well enough for his supporters to be like “see I told you so”, but poorly enough for his doubters to be like “see, I told you so”

PS: I read an article from Woody Page (the idiot that’s on around the horn) that McDanials wanted to trade Orton before the season and start Tebow from day 1, because of how impressed with Tebow he was. Now I know he had a real bad run in Denver, but none the less I am willing to bet he knows more about QBs than everyone on the board here put together.

Where are all the haters that said he couldn't play? Looked pretty good for his first start with 2 Touchdowns, he should have been sitting behind Fitz being groomed as our QB of the future.

If this isn't a joke, it should be, because it's ridiculously funny. Keyword ... ridiculous.

Yeah that's fine. This thread is about demanding Tebow haters to apologize, which was done after he played an average game and lost against an average team. It's not justifiable, and you're thinking too much. Fans like the OP need to relax and stop feeling so vindictive about what players they like.

I get that. For the record, I didn't want the Bills to take Tebow; and I felt pessimistic about his prospects as a QB. I didn't see the Denver game, so I can't comment on how good or bad he looked in that game. Overall though, I've seen little or nothing to change my prior, pessimistic opinion of his NFL prospects. A single 8-16 performance does not seem to warrant the "shame on you" attitude that the OP had toward Tebow haters.

Someone else in this thread made the point that a good quarterback can lift the play of the guys around him, and pointed to Fitz as an example of that. That point is well-taken. But that said, the Bills have gone 4-8 this season with Fitz as their starter. If we were to judge Fitz's season just based on "his" record as a starter, we'd conclude he's a significantly below-average quarterback. While I'd rather have Luck than Fitz, I think we can all agree Fitz is a much better quarterback than "his" 4-8 record as a starter would seem to suggest. It's a team sport, and those eight losses were usually the fault of other players, not of Fitz.

No, that was a perfect strike – its called a back shoulder throw. Saying it wasn't a good pass shows you don't really know where a QB tries to put a ball, or you just don't like Tebow enough to be clouded in your assessment.

bull ****. Here is the play on this reel. The guy was five yards open when Tebow is looking at him, and was looking inside. It was an easy TD pass if he lays it to the inside where the guy was running, looking, and going, with no defender able to get it. But the pass was WAY short and to the outside. The receiver, you can see him, has to stop and catch it falling away on the outside. he should have caught it because he was SO wide open that even though the ball was way short and on the other side, the defender still couldn't get there. QBs do throw passes to opposite shoulders short all the time, and it can be effective. Neither of us knows whether that was Tebow's intention. I highly doubt it. It would have been a terrible decision. The guy was wide open for an easy TD without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IdC006HPP0

The TD was a jump ball that went right through the defenders hands who could have called a fair catch on it. He was waiting for the ball to come down, in 100x better position to make the catch than the WR. Not to mention the other defender who misjudged it too.

bull ****. Here is the play on this reel. The guy was five yards open when Tebow is looking at him, and was looking inside. It was an easy TD pass if he lays it to the inside where the guy was running, looking, and going, with no defender able to get it. But the pass was WAY short and to the outside. The receiver, you can see him, has to stop and catch it falling away on the outside. he should have caught it because he was SO wide open that even though the ball was way short and on the other side, the defender still couldn't get there. QBs do throw passes to opposite shoulders short all the time, and it can be effective. Neither of us knows whether that was Tebow's intention. I highly doubt it. It would have been a terrible decision. The guy was wide open for an easy TD without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8IdC006HPP0

The TD was a jump ball that went right through the defenders hands who could have called a fair catch on it. He was waiting for the ball to come down, in 100x better position to make the catch than the WR. Not to mention the other defender who misjudged it too.

Yes, that was a bad throw. Should have been an easy pick.

No, that was a perfect strike – its called a back shoulder throw. Saying it wasn’t a good pass shows you don’t really know where a QB tries to put a ball, or you just don’t like Tebow enough to be clouded in your assessment.

Yea, it was the first option.

Its a fade route. A fade route is never ever ever supposed to be throw to the inside - because then you lead the WR into the safety and its an interception or a huge hit - just because the raiders guy pulled a "Donte Whitner" and was really late to the ball doesnt mean Tebow had a bad throw.

It doesnt matter if the WR is looking over his inside shoulder (as he is supposed to do) the ball is supposed to be on the outside shoulder regardless if its a back shoulder throw or not - outside shoulder every time. Sure it was a bit low/short, but that doesnt matter in this situation because its a fade route and the defeners back was turned.

Look at my avatar, most people blame the Polomamlo pick on SJ for not catching this ball - but I and Chan put it on Fitz. high and behind is a big no no on slants - just as inside and short is a big no no on fade routes.

The other TD pass is hard to tell from my video (its too grainy) and I cannt really tell if the ball goes through the defenders hands or if he is jumping and just doesnt get there. But regardless it was just deep enough for one defender to miss it and short enough for the WR to box out the deeper defender. If that was Fitz you would be clamouring about hit he fit one in there - just like everyone is about him bouncing a TD pass off of Dansbys helmet.

The most impressive throws are the one deep out route (which Fitz completes about 15% of the time) and the deep crossing route one which was an awesome ball. And the TD run wasnt bad either.

Yea, it was the first option.

Its a fade route. A fade route is never ever ever supposed to be throw to the inside - because then you lead the WR into the safety and its an interception or a huge hit - just because the raiders guy pulled a "Donte Whitner" and was really late to the ball doesnt mean Tebow had a bad throw.

It doesnt matter if the WR is looking over his inside shoulder (as he is supposed to do) the ball is supposed to be on the outside shoulder regardless if its a back shoulder throw or not - outside shoulder every time. Sure it was a bit low/short, but that doesnt matter in this situation because its a fade route and the defeners back was turned.

Look at my avatar, most people blame the Polomamlo pick on SJ for not catching this ball - but I and Chan put it on Fitz. high and behind is a big no no on slants - just as inside and short is a big no no on fade routes.

The other TD pass is hard to tell from my video (its too grainy) and I cannt really tell if the ball goes through the defenders hands or if he is jumping and just doesnt get there. But regardless it was just deep enough for one defender to miss it and short enough for the WR to box out the deeper defender. If that was Fitz you would be clamouring about hit he fit one in there - just like everyone is about him bouncing a TD pass off of Dansbys helmet.

The most impressive throws are the one deep out route (which Fitz completes about 15% of the time) and the deep crossing route one which was an awesome ball. And the TD run wasnt bad either.

The deep pass to Lloyd was terrible. The ball, literally, goes through Stanford Routt's hands.

The deep pass to Lloyd was terrible. The ball, literally, goes through Stanford Routt's hands.

Its hard for me to tell, I have watched it a few times but I cant see where the ball is exactly. He didnt pick it off so obviously he misjudged it but it looks like it was a little out of his reach. But at the same time the WR didnt have to be on his back catching it and could have been jumping and getting it at his highest point. It was a TD so its hard to complain too much and I have always liked guys who risk it.

Either way its moot - I just wish people would be more realistic, some of the same fans crowning Fitz as a God after bouncing a TD pass off of Dansbys helmet are the same ones hating on Tebow for doing quite literally the exact same thing.

Great run for a TD, I'll tell you that. And one real nice pass to the sidline.

The dropped pass in the end zone was thrown to the opposite corner, but I can't believe it was on purpose. If it was, it was a very bad decision. It should have been caught, but it wasn't a good throw considering the position of the DBs.

Its hard for me to tell, I have watched it a few times but I cant see where the ball is exactly. He didnt pick it off so obviously he misjudged it but it looks like it was a little out of his reach. But at the same time the WR didnt have to be on his back catching it and could have been jumping and getting it at his highest point. It was a TD so its hard to complain too much and I have always liked guys who risk it.

Either way its moot - I just wish people would be more realistic, some of the same fans crowning Fitz as a God after bouncing a TD pass off of Dansbys helmet are the same ones hating on Tebow for doing quite literally the exact same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81d08173/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lloyd-Christmas-special

were you watching this link? in any case, i've heard several commentators say that the seam route in a cover-2 is best beaten by the QB 'aiming for the back of the retreating mike's head'

edit: on second view, it bounces off of routt's head also.. ahahahahah

Edited by bizell