Eagles/ Giants

Simon

Giants ST lost that one for them.

Giving up the onside kick was stupid. They were heading backward for blocking & a perfect kick & easy recovery for the Iggles.

It did look like Coughlin was yelling at the punter for not kicking OB, but, it was a poor snap that he had to hurry. It was a poor kick but better to get it off than not. He may well have been trying to get it OB. I'd think what perhaps was more the punters fault was, assuming that he was the safety on the coverage, he was too far down field & committed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson tried to give it away again too showboating. He had no idea that Giant was coming behind him in the end zone. Wish he'd been bashed at the one yard line for doing that.

Still a great comeback and I hate the Giants.

He was trying to get the clock to :00 so they didn't have to run another play.

So the consensus is young player ignores the coach not that coach flubbed the call?

I find it more likely that the young player didn't execute.

The thing that this discussion ignores though is the rest of the time. Perry's D collapsed at the end. Sucks, too, because they had done such a good job all game, and I would have liked to see him do well. The game is more on the D than it is special teams.

Edited by BlueFire

This is really simple guys. The punter was told to punt the ball out of bounds. He didn't. It's the punters fault, period.

EDIT: I don't mean the loss in the punters fault, there are many factors that contributed. I'm simply saying the punter didn't do the job he was asked to do.

Edited by SpillerTime21

Did anybody comment on the actual punt return that Jackson made?... The clock was at :00 and he was "dangling" around the one yard line swerving and celebratiing before going in for the score... There was a Gint right in the endzone behind him. Wow... Nothing like playing with fire DeSean! :blink:

I couldn't tell whether he was trying to celebrate or knew he had some space and wanted to make sure time had fully run out on the clock. When he was looking backwards, he wasn't looking at the Giants player, but downfield.

This is really simple guys. The punter was told to punt the ball out of bounds. He didn't. It's the punters fault, period.

EDIT: I don't mean the loss in the punters fault, there are many factors that contributed. I'm simply saying the punter didn't do the job he was asked to do.

Wasn't there a high snap? Given the bad snap... Imagine if he shanks it and it goes out of bounds a few yards down... And Philly kicks the game winning FG. Given the bad snap, you have to take your chance against the improbable return and kick it as deep as possible.

The muff/fumble by Jackson was the whole factor here... That broken catch and muff turned the play into a "gadget" and broken down the kicking team's positons.

I couldn't tell whether he was trying to celebrate or knew he had some space and wanted to make sure time had fully run out on the clock. When he was looking backwards, he wasn't looking at the Giants player, but downfield.

I never thought that! Oops on me! He looked like he was hotdogging... Then again, we have the benny of access to the clock while wactching!

True, and he was looking at the closest defender so he knew where he was (behind him).

You're both wrong. The clock was at zero when he was at the 20 and he NEVER saw #28 behind him. Never.

You score the TD. JAckson has 2 massive gaffes on his TD-scoring resume already. He was trying for 3.

You're both wrong. The clock was at zero when he was at the 20 and he NEVER saw #28 behind him. Never.

You score the TD. JAckson has 2 massive gaffes on his TD-scoring resume already. He was trying for 3.

Ding! The clock hit zero as he was going parallel to the EZ. He took a few extra seconds after that, and he was looking at the closest defender.

I've seen it live and in replay/highlights. IN the replays it's showing the clock expiring before he gets down to the goalline, but when I was watching it live as soon as he started running parallel I looked at the clock for the express purpose to see if he was doing that to kill it, and I could swear I saw :02 on the clock after he'd made the lateral turn.

Considering there was :14 seconds left when that play started, there still had to be time on the clock when he got down near the endline. He was doing it on purpose.

Jackson tried to give it away again too showboating. He had no idea that Giant was coming behind him in the end zone. Wish he'd been bashed at the one yard line for doing that.

Still a great comeback and I hate the Giants.

I would have loved it, if that punk Jackson had tripped and fell down at the 1 yard line as he was running parallel with the goal line. I wouldn't be surprised if he was completely unaware of the clock situation and was doing exactly what you said...showboating.

I would have loved it, if that punk Jackson had tripped and fell down at the 1 yard line as he was running parallel with the goal line. I wouldn't be surprised if he was completely unaware of the clock situation and was doing exactly what you said...showboating.

Kind of reminded me of Leon Lett . . . Just do what you're supposed to do and execute the play; don't start celebrating until after the whistle has blown . . .