Al Qaeda May Be Targeting Football Stadiums

truth on hold

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say this is not recent news. We (USA) have known about AQ's interest in targeting large gatherings (concerts, sporting events, amusement parks) since shortly after 9/11.

Not sure what you posted though, videos do not work here at work!

Edited by BB27

Typical media sensationalism. "They" targeted the Christmas tree lighting in Oregon? Wasn't it one rouge kid? I'm not suggesting individual acts of terrorism aren't a concern, but I don't think that kid was exactly taking orders from Osama.

And of course AQ would love to bomb a big stadium full of people. That's hardly news.

BOO! Hide under your beds! The terrorists are going to get you!!!!!

Keep buyin' in to this culture of FEAR bullschitt

Does this mean that you don't believe that they are actually going to hit us again?

this thread reminds me of a Bill Hicks rannt-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-nHQYY6Fg

Watch the !@#$ing news man, it's frightening. What could be worse. You watch the news these days you know, it's unbelievable. You think you you just walk out your door, you're immediately going to be raped by some crack-addicted, Aids-infected, pit-bull, you know. Horrible news stories, you know.

"Honey, I'm gonna check the mail...

"Rrrrar, rrrrar, rrrrar, rrrrar, rrrrar!" [mimes being attacked by a

pitbull]

"Whaddya we stay inside tonight baby? Let the pizza delivery guy deal with that **** out there. Hello, pizza delivery, could you send another car over please. I know that's your third one, that last guy almost made it. I can almost reach the pizza with the broom handle.

How come those pit bulls are eating your driver but they're not touching that !@#$ing pizza? What do they know that we don't know, hellooo?"

Pretty soon we're all gonna be locked inside our homes with no-one on the street but pizza delivery guys and armoured cars with turrets shooting pizzas through the mail-slots of our front doors. Every house will glow with American Gladiators beamed in.

"We are free - keep repeating, we are free."

So are you saying that sports stadiums are impervious from terrorist attacks?

that exactly what I said. Nice non sequitur logic there. Do I think a stadium is a potential target? Of course. But so is rodeos, fruit stands, circus', nail salons, star trek conventions, unicycle manufacturers, aquariums, etc. Unlike many Americans- I don't pay any attention whatsoever to what the terror color is. And the mainstream media is a joke. If that is what the public is basing their news on, then no wonder much of the world finds Americans dumb

I have to say this is not recent news. We (USA) have known about AQ's interest in targeting large gatherings (concerts, sporting events, amusement parks) since shortly after 9/11.

Not sure what you posted though, videos do not work here at work!

I think Black Sunday came out around 1975!

I do not want to live my life in fear that terrror is going to get me, that is what the terrorists want.

Besides, the bomber in NYC was a f'n moron, using triple 10 instead of 46-0-0...I mean stupid. The Oregon Christmas Tree dude, what an idiot. The underwear guy just seemed to fail and I read reports where even if the bomb would have worked it more then likely would have burned his junk up.

I love the hype of it, though. It feeds the machine, we watch more TV and more Fox and see Beck promoting his food warehousing idea because, you know, you want to buy a $200 backpack of food when the end is here. Funny, that's his sponsor, too. F the terrorists, I am going to die some day. If I see a I'll be all like "screw you terrorist" and kick them in the nuts.

that exactly what I said. Nice non sequitur logic there. Do I think a stadium is a potential target? Of course. But so is rodeos, fruit stands, circus', nail salons, star trek conventions, unicycle manufacturers, aquariums, etc. Unlike many Americans- I don't pay any attention whatsoever to what the terror color is. And the mainstream media is a joke. If that is what the public is basing their news on, then no wonder much of the world finds Americans dumb

Alright, now you have me confused.

Earlier you said, "fear mongering and scare tactics. Feel free to turn back on fox news propaganda."

Now you say that you do think that a sports stadium is a potential target, and that is what is reported on this news clip. Also the clip does not just single out sports stadiums, they mention other areas that attract large crowds.

So do you really think that this is all just propaganda or do you just hate Fox News so much that you will disagree with them no matter what they may report.

Just so you know I am not trying to be a wiseguy or play the "gotcha" game with you or try to make you look foolish. I ask these questions in a serious and reasonable manner, and all I want is your honest opinion.

Edited by Mark Vader

This reminds me a bit of the scare chain emails that surface this time of year, warning us all of dangerous e-greeting cards and phony UPS and FedEx emails with attachments.

The warnings are true, to a degree. There are fake e-greeting cards and there are phony UPS/FedEx emails that deliver infections to your computer. These threats occur more during the holidays than they do at other times of the year. But there isn't really anything new here. One should always be suspect of any attachments they receive via email. And you should be more on-guard during any holiday season.

There is really nothing new in these threats from extremists, either, for the most part. But the media, in need of stories, takes the seasonal opportunity to report on things that we should all be aware of every single day of the year. And, opportunists like Neil Livingstone are available to stoke the fear, and garner publicity for himself and his company

(I am NOT equating the consequences of a violent attack that takes lives with an attack that compromises your privacy or identity on your computer. I am simply making an analogy about the warnings.)

This reminds me a bit of the scare chain emails that surface this time of year, warning us all of dangerous e-greeting cards and phony UPS and FedEx emails with attachments.

The warnings are true, to a degree. There are fake e-greeting cards and there are phony UPS/FedEx emails that deliver infections to your computer. These threats occur more during the holidays than they do at other times of the year. But there isn't really anything new here. One should always be suspect of any attachments they receive via email. And you should be more on-guard during any holiday season.

There is really nothing new in these threats from extremists, either, for the most part. But the media, in need of stories, takes the seasonal opportunity to report on things that we should all be aware of every single day of the year. And, opportunists like Neil Livingstone are available to stoke the fear, and garner publicity for himself and his company

(I am NOT equating the consequences of a violent attack that takes lives with an attack that compromises your privacy or identity on your computer. I am simply making an analogy about the warnings.)

So?

I would just like to congratulate whichever mod censored my previous post in this thread.

If we should ever encounter each other in a Walmart® checkout line, I'm sure that you would say something if you saw something

:thumbdown:

If you don't want your posts removed then don't respond to political posts that will inevitably be removed along with any replies.

And I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about re: Wallymart.