Whitner gone?

buffalo1983

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Because of how far apart we are and how late it is in the season," said Whitner. "Now if this were earlier in the season, it would be different. But we have, what, 15-16 days to the last game before it's all over? I don't really think it's a lot of time to play around. I want to be here, and let's see if Buffalo wants me to stay here."[/i] -wgr

Well, can't say that wasn't unexpected. I love how he makes this sound like it's the Bills problem. The Bills are causing this. The Bills don't want him back. Why doesn't he grow some stones and say "Based on my contract negotiations up to this point, I have decided not to sign it and leave the Bills.

Well, can't say that wasn't unexpected. I love how he makes this sound like it's the Bills problem. The Bills are causing this. The Bills don't want him back. Why doesn't he grow some stones and say "Based on my contract negotiations up to this point, I have decided not to sign it and leave the Bills.

Supposedly he's asking for the veteran minimum...

I'm not going to get into the discussion of how good a player Whitner is and maybe I'm thinking out of the box here, but has anyone considered he actually wants to leave the Bills and go play for an organization that has a chance to make the playoffs the way Antoine Winfield did?

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I have a feeling this team will do nothing until the CBA is resolved

Unless your name is Kesley.

Overall, I like whitner and hope he stays. But if he walks, I won't miss him. I bet when he looks around at other teams, he is going to realize the bills are the best option. I don't know what offer the bills have given him, but i am almost positive the offer would overpay him. I can't imagine many other teams offering much more for his services.

He might not like it now, but eventually he will probably settle for the bills.

Doesn't matter a whit that he's not an elite safety. There is a team out there who will give him insane money in FA, by justifying that DW played in a bad defensive system. And hey, looking at Jim Leonhard, they may be right. Doesn't make Whitner worth all that scratch when someone else can come in without too steep a decline. Invest in the line and the front 7. Putting your heavy investmest into DBs is a losing strategy.

I guess I am in the minority as someone who is TOTALLY unimpressed with his play......

Use that money to bring in a quality linebacker or a right offensive tackle

jmo

I can't possibly imagine that you are in the minority with that opinion John...

If so I'm in the minority as well... B-)

I'd agree with that.

Yep He is a B grade player, never an A in 5 years. Not a miss as a draft choice, but not playing up to #8 in the first round, says me. The Bills have safties....Scott, Byrd, Wilson....Bills should not overpay...but offer fair pay. If Donte has delusions...let him pursue them.......maybe somebody will overpay...and that would be in his best interest.

I constantly defend Whitner, have for a while from the haters. He's gotten WAY too much hate...although I admit he's come no where near living up to his pick or his pay. But he's been solid. If at this point all these crappy underachievers feel they deserve big contracts b/c they are the best we have on our bad team or b/c they were drafted a certain area or b/c they've been in the locker room a while and think of themselves as "leaders"...well then...!@#$ them.

Good by Donte. Don't let the door hit you in your greedy ass on the way out. Whoever we plug in will do just about as well perhaps better for less money.

!@#$ you Donte. I bought your jersey opening week of your rookie year thinking you might be a Sean Taylor. You were not. Go !@#$ yourself.

I constantly defend Whitner, have for a while from the haters. He's gotten WAY too much hate...although I admit he's come no where near living up to his pick or his pay. But he's been solid. If at this point all these crappy underachievers feel they deserve big contracts b/c they are the best we have on our bad team or b/c they were drafted a certain area or b/c they've been in the locker room a while and think of themselves as "leaders"...well then...!@#$ them.

Good by Donte. Don't let the door hit you in your greedy ass on the way out. Whoever we plug in will do just about as well perhaps better for less money.

!@#$ you Donte. I bought your jersey opening week of your rookie year thinking you might be a Sean Taylor. You were not. Go !@#$ yourself.

:o

Until Whitner does something for this defense that actually means something, then he's not worth the money. Theres TONS of good young safeties that look much more promising than he ever has. Nate Allen, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, and even George Wilson and Jarius Byrd. He's not worth the money and he is EASILY replaceable. George Wilson, a converted WR is way ahead of Whitner in my eyes.

Later Whitner. Enjoy riding the bench for some other team.

Feel better now?

:P

Until Whitner does something for this defense that actually means something, then he's not worth the money. Theres TONS of good young safeties that look much more promising than he ever has. Nate Allen, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, and even George Wilson and Jarius Byrd. He's not worth the money and he is EASILY replaceable. George Wilson, a converted WR is way ahead of Whitner in my eyes.

Later Whitner. Enjoy riding the bench for some other team.

Jairus Byrd has been far and away the worst defensive back on the team this season. As good as his rookie year was (and he's wasn't good, it was a mirage of him being the benefactor of lucky bounces), thats how bad he's been this season.

Jairus Byrd has been far and away the worst defensive back on the team this season. As good as his rookie year was (and he's wasn't good, it was a mirage of him being the benefactor of lucky bounces), thats how bad he's been this season.

Regardless Jarius Byrd's ONE good season here has been better than any year Whitner's had as a member of this team.