Whitner gone?

buffalo1983

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson and Scott have out played him, whitner has played well this year, but honestly if he thinks he will get even his rookie contract numbers I am sorry, but after he makes the rounds he should be welcomed back in August.

Wilson and Scott have out played him, whitner has played well this year, but honestly if he thinks he will get even his rookie contract numbers I am sorry, but after he makes the rounds he should be welcomed back in August.

He definitely hasn't been outplayed by the two, now has he lived up to his #8 overall selection? that is another question

Whitner twitt's this morning that he heard some bad news yesterday about his future in Buffalo. Looks like the Bills front office might already giving away pink slips?

You may be looking at this the wrong way. Wouldn't it be bad news to Whitner if he were staying?

He definitely hasn't been outplayed by the two, now has he lived up to his #8 overall selection? that is another question

I don't think there is any question about the fact that he has not lived up to the #8 overall selection...He has barely lived up to the #88 overall...And even though he has not necessarily been outplayed by the other two safeties, he has not exactly outplayed both of them either... B-)

wasn't it just like two weeks ago they were working on a extension, and not talking with Poz? So does this mean they are talkng with Poz? Or maybe just means Whitner thinks he is worth $18M guaranteed, and $5M per year, and Bills think more like $10M and $3M (i am just making those numbers up).

I have a feeling this team will do nothing until the CBA is resolved

As you say, he hasn't been outplayed by the other safeties. He is #2 on the team in tackles (116 so far). While that's not the only stat I'd use to judge a defensive player, no bad players have that many tackles at this stage of the season.

Whether or not he lived up to his draft pick is fairly irrelevant, at this date, when it comes to keeping him or letting him go.

Awesome. We love wasting high-round picks on DBs and then letting them walk.

Why compound a mistake (drafting/paying him 8th overall) with another (no doubt he's looking for more than he got with his first contract)?

Whether or not he lived up to his draft pick is fairly irrelevant, at this date, when it comes to keeping him or letting him go.

As Doc says above me Dean, only relevant he he wants to paid like he is still an elite player at his position. I think he has played well this year, and should be paid well, but not like an elite saftey

As Doc says above me Dean, only relevant he he wants to paid like he is still an elite player at his position. I think he has played well this year, and should be paid well, but not like an elite saftey

I'd agree with that.