New d.c.-Wanny?

miketan

Chans good buddy Dave Wannstadt resigned dec. 7th from the university of Pittsburg head coaching position.Very curious.Would you want him as our new d.c..?What say you-bills nation?I also would like to wish everybody a very happy holiday season.go bills.

Chans good buddy Dave Wannstadt resigned dec. 7th from the university of Pittsburg head coaching position.Very curious.Would you want him as our new d.c..?What say you-bills nation?I also would like to wish everybody a very happy holiday season.go bills.

Hell NO! Dave has always been average and will never excel, Edwards has been doing better let see how he does.

We need to build off of what is starting to work, not start over. Let Moats and Coleman develope and add a couple of stout ILBs, and keep things growing as a unit. The players (we all know who they are) who have not produced, can hit the road.

I am seeing what I hoped I would at the start of the season, and that is progress. Lets hope Nix/Gaily can keep moving forward!

Hell NO! Dave has always been average and will never excel, Edwards has been doing better let see how he does.

Wannstedt is one of those "pretty decent" to "ok" head coaches that is better off staying as a coordinator. That's probably what you're seeing that makes you say he's average. His Dallas defenses were pretty solid in their Superbowl years.

That said, I agree with wooly. The D has been improving enough where I think we can give Edwards the benefit of the doubt. Let's not act like Daniel Snyder and jump on a "big name" because he's available.

We need to build off of what is starting to work, not start over. Let Moats and Coleman develope and add a couple of stout ILBs, and keep things growing as a unit. The players (we all know who they are) who have not produced, can hit the road.

I am seeing what I hoped I would at the start of the season, and that is progress. Lets hope Nix/Gaily can keep moving forward!

I agree. Starting over is just going to set us back. It may have taken awhile longer than many of us, the non realists*, thought, but they ARE getting better. The players are finally getting what it is that is being asked of them. With a few more key additions and another year in the same system, we should see a huge improvement next year.

Nevertheless, Happy Holidays, Mike.

Yech! BTY it's WannstEdt. I don't like the idea of this guy coming here as much as I didn't like the idea of Sam Wyche coming here.

I thought we all agreed it was Wann-stache.

I would rather have wade

I'd be all for bringing in Dave Wannabee. I'd also be for bringing in Marv Lewis if he get's the axe. He was CD for Baltimore in 2000. I'd also be for bringing in John Fox maybe if he gets canned in Carolina.

Edwards is in over his head. Yeah, the defense has improved a little, but they still suck. Bring in a real DC.

I personally do not get the loyalty fans are giving to Edwards......

We are getting NO pass rush on opposing QBs......and we give up 100 yards or more on the ground every game.

I know most of this falls on the players......but we get our @ss handed to us game in and game out and I am not satisfied we have the right DC......

We need a guy to come in here and do what Chan Gailey did to the offense

We are getting NO pass rush on opposing QBs......and we give up 100 yards or more on the ground every game.

I know most of this falls on the players......but we get our @ss handed to us game in and game out and I am not satisfied we have the right DC......

Kyle Williams is the only legit starter we have on the line. Fix that and much of the problem goes away.

I thought Trent Edwards was a failure as a quarterback too.

But I tend to think that it's a tad unfair to blame him for all of the problems we're having on defense almost three months after we waived him.

Granted his suckitude infected the entire roster but at some point, we have to stop pointing fingers at the glove-wearing Mary and direct our wrath elsewhere.

I thought Trent Edwards was a failure as a quarterback too.

But I tend to think that it's a tad unfair to blame him for all of the problems we're having on defense almost three months after we waived him.

Granted his suckitude infected the entire roster but at some point, we have to stop pointing fingers at the glove-wearing Mary and direct our wrath elsewhere.

wrong Edwards............. :oops: