New d.c.-Wanny?

miketan

We need a guy to come in here and do what Chan Gailey did to the offense

What exactly has Gailey done that is so great? Fitzpatrick has played all but two games(so Edwards the whipping boy can't be blamed), and the Bills are ranked 23rd in points per game, 26th in yards per game and 26th in time of possession. Take away the two games where Fitz lit it up(which accounted for 38% of his TD passes), and the offense doesn't look much different from past seasons...in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL.

Edited by LabattBlue

wrong Edwards............. :oops:

Oh…well in that case…

I understand the team is grief-stricken over the passing of Elizabeth Edwards only one week ago. In spite of the fact that most NFL players are social conservatives, defensive players tend to be social liberals and libertarians and Edwards was clearly their ally in terms of the sort of social justice issues that most linebackers and safeties would hold sacred.

It's understandable that the death of this brave American hardly one week ago, clearly still weighs on the mind of our defensive players. It was but in October that the Buffalo Bills wore pink in commemoration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month…and now Elizabeth Edwards passes of breast cancer. But the Bills need to get over it, look in the mirror and ask themselves not what their country can do for them…but what they can do for their country. Only then will their defensive performance improve.

How's that?

What exactly has Gailey done that is so great? Fitzpatrick has played all but two games(so Edwards the whipping boy can't be blamed), and the Bills are ranked 23rd in points per game, 26th in yards per game and 26th in time of possession. Take away the two games where Fitz lit it up(which accounted for 38% of his TD passes), and the offense doesn't look much different from past seasons...in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL.

Do you watch the games, or just look at stats? This offensem, which still needs improvement, to be sure, is light years better than any offense the Bills have put on the field in at least 5 or 6 years. If you can't see that, you are not watching very closely.

Edited by Buftex

Oh…well in that case…

I understand the team is grief-stricken over the passing of Elizabeth Edwards only one week ago. In spite of the fact that most NFL players are social conservatives, defensive players tend to be social liberals and libertarians and Edwards was clearly their ally in terms of the sort of social justice issues that most linebackers and safeties would hold sacred.

It's understandable that the death of this brave American hardly one week ago, clearly still weighs on the mind of our defensive players. It was but in October that the Buffalo Bills wore pink in commemoration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month…and now Elizabeth Edwards passes of breast cancer. But the Bills need to get over it, look in the mirror and ask themselves not what their country can do for them…but what they can do for their country. Only then will their defensive performance improve.

How's that?

:thumbdown:

Chans good buddy Dave Wannstadt resigned dec. 7th from the university of Pittsburg head coaching position.Very curious.Would you want him as our new d.c..?What say you-bills nation?I also would like to wish everybody a very happy holiday season.go bills.

NO.

We have one ex-Dolphins coach already....George Edwards.

Need

I

say

more?

Both. I just choose to look at ALL the games, not just the 3 or 4 where Fitz played well.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Fitz has had bad first halfs, and great second halfs. It happens with every QB. Believe me, I am not comparing the 2010 Bills offense to the early 90's squads, but, in the last 12 weeks, the Bills have moved the football fairl well, at times, during games, and, more often than not, have made enough plays to have a legit chance to win games. You don't think this offense is better than last years? The Bills have been amongst the better teams on third down this year, offensively. That is significant. Once they get a stable offensive line, and can more consistantly produce an effecetive runnnig game, they will be even better...

Stats don't tell the whole story. Fitz has had bad first halfs, and great second halfs. It happens with every QB. Believe me, I am not comparing the 2010 Bills offense to the early 90's squads, but, in the last 12 weeks, the Bills have moved the football fairl well, at times, during games, and, more often than not, have made enough plays to have a legit chance to win games. You don't think this offense is better than last years? The Bills have been amongst the better teams on third down this year, offensively. That is significant. Once they get a stable offensive line, and can more consistantly produce an effecetive runnnig game, they will be even better...

Okay...they are better than past years, but by how much, I don't know? Let's see what they have to show in their last 3 games against division rivals who have everything to play for.

Edited by LabattBlue

I personally do not get the loyalty fans are giving to Edwards......

I know most of this falls on the players.....

Just stop there. You got it EXACTLY right. The players play the game. The truth of the matter is the Bills don't have enough

talent overall in the front seven. They do make plays during the games, but not consistently. They made plays against the Lions, Bengals, Steelers and Browns. Even thought they still couldn't stop the run. The problem isn't the scheme. The problem is the players executing the scheme.

A couple years back some people wanted Perry Fewell out as DC because they were so bad. Now in NY where he has some

Pro Bowl talent he's considered one of the top coordinators in the league and is a head coaching candidate. Let Edwards

get some legit players who can rush the passer before you throw him overboard. Defense is playing a lot better than they

did earlier in the year.

Edited by purple haze

Do you know why the Bills have been losing the time of possession this year?

The Bills' poor run defense.

Do you know how much it would limit the point production of the offense?

Greatly.

Did you know that the Bills rank 25th in turnovers?

That's a factor.

Do you know that the Bills have only 6 rushing touchdowns this year?

That's not because of Fitzpatrick.

Did you know that the Bills have faced 7 out of the 10 best NFL defenses?

That's certainly a factor.

Did you know that the Bills are 13th in TD passes even though they've faced the best NFL defenses with only 1 TD pass in their first 2 games?

That's because of Fitpatrick.

You think that Fitzpatrick has only played well in 3 or 4 games?

If you think that then you're a moron.

Edited by 1billsfan

Do you know why the Bills have been losing the time of possession this year?

The Bills' poor run defense.

Do you know how much it would limit the point production of the offense?

Greatly.

Did you know that the Bills rank 25th in turnovers?

That's a factor.

Do you know that the Bills have only 6 rushing touchdowns this year?

That's not because of Fitzpatrick.

Did you know that the Bills have faced 7 out of the 10 best NFL defenses?

That's certainly a factor.

Did you know that the Bills are 13th in TD passes even though they've faced the best NFL defenses with only 1 TD pass in their first 2 games?

That's because of Fitpatrick.

You think that Fitzpatrick has only played well in 3 or 4 games?

If you think that then you're a moron.

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. I guess you are one of the fans who is "happy" with this 3-10 team.

Kyle Williams is the only legit starter we have on the line. Fix that and much of the problem goes away.

Wasn't that what we were saying last year about the offense? The line sucked, no WRs, journey backup in Fitz, etc. Insert a decent offensive-minded coach and half those problems seem less severe. How can you be so certain that a significant portion of the defenses problems aren't because the coaching sucks?

Well,...actually, Chan was their OC. So let's change that to "2 ex-Dolphin coaches already. Still NO!

...and San Jose, you're on a roll today. Have you been hittin the medical maryjane vending machines again?! :lol:

Actually that would probably help. I'm quitting cigarettes…today is day three.

It always makes me a bit "temperamental." ;)

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. I guess you are one of the fans who is "happy" with this 3-10 team.

I am happy with this team because for the first time in a long time they appear to be back on their way to the top. I can see a core group of guys that know their rolls and have given the top teams all they can handle. I can see that they are only a few defensive players from a playoff caliber team. The Miami Dolphins went from a 1-15 season to winning the division to an 11-5 team in one year and this Bills team is miles ahead of where that Dolphin team was. Record be damned, this has been a great transition year to build off of. How you can't see that is beyond me and your downplaying of Fitzpatrick's very good performance to date is ridiculous.

Another who thinks a football team will make him 'Happy'. Work on personal fulfillment and don't judge the team based on you feeling depressed and you might see more positives.

I personally do not get the loyalty fans are giving to Edwards......

We are getting NO pass rush on opposing QBs......and we give up 100 yards or more on the ground every game.

I know most of this falls on the players......but we get our @ss handed to us game in and game out and I am not satisfied we have the right DC......

We need a guy to come in here and do what Chan Gailey did to the offense

I hate to agree with Mike Schopp but how many times has the offense put up 20 this year?

Another who thinks a football team will make him 'Happy'. Work on personal fulfillment and don't judge the team based on you feeling depressed and you might see more positives.

Taking an intro to psych class during your freshmen year of junior college hardly qualifies you to make such a statement.