Joique Bell available

fairfaxbill

I like him too. But, he was available a few weeks ago, after being cut by Philly, and the Bills signed another running back instead. Gaither I think his name is. Kind of curious, but I will trust (this) coaching staff to know the difference between pre-season good, and regular season good.

Edited by Buftex

I like him too. But, he was available a few weeks ago, after being cut by Philly, and the Bills signed another running back instead. Gaither I think his name is. Kind of curious, but I will trust (this) coaching staff to know the difference between pre-season good, and regular season good.

Like Trent Edwards, for example.

I did take pause, as I though Buftex was using sarcasm.

Touche...forgot about Trent. Truth is, though, I kind of feel like the new coaching staff had to find out, for themselves, if Trent was really as bad as it seemed, with the complete offensive dysfunction of the Jauron era. I think Gailey thought he could get the best out of Trent...but I give him credit for admitting early on, that it was a lost cause.

Quinton Ganther.

You make an excellent point, but I'm guessing they took Ganther because he has a decent amount of NFL experience. And as much as we like to bash the coaches for not recognizing the talent of rookies and undrafted free agents, most coaches put quite a bit of stock in experience...particularity if that experience is decent.

I liked Bell quite a bit in preseason, though I remember he didn't do much in the last game or two. Perhaps he wasn't skilled at picking up the blitz, running proper routes, etc.

Touche...forgot about Trent. Truth is, though, I kind of feel like the new coaching staff had to find out, for themselves, if Trent was really as bad as it seemed, with the complete offensive dysfunction of the Jauron era. I think Gailey thought he could get the best out of Trent...but I give him credit for admitting early on, that it was a lost cause.

I think many will be prone to give Gailey credit for just about anything and everything that has transpired this year as they are desperate to believe that we haven't hired another boob as HC.

But I don't buy that Gailey believed he had some sort of magic that he could work on Edwards--especially after he no doubt analyzed every inch of film from every game last year--including the ones in which Fitz started. He simply blew it.

At my place of employment (and I'm sure at yours), they don't give kudos for belatedly correcting preventable error.

I think many will be prone to give Gailey credit for just about anything and everything that has transpired this year as they are desperate to believe that we haven't hired another boob as HC.

But I don't buy that Gailey believed he had some sort of magic that he could work on Edwards--especially after he no doubt analyzed every inch of film from every game last year--including the ones in which Fitz started. He simply blew it.

At my place of employment (and I'm sure at yours), they don't give kudos for belatedly correcting preventable error.

I agree with you and i dont at the same time. Edwards had all the skills, size, arm strenght smarts to be an NFL QB. He had the most starting expierence of any of our guys and hes had some decnet success in the NFL up to that point. We all know and agree that Trentative was a great practice QB. Your telling me that as a head coach of a football team and you see you most expierenced, best skill set QB is lighting it up and practice despite what youve seen in years past you dont think he gives you the best chance to win? Youd cut him? With your every move scrutinized and your job aways on the line you cut Trent before the season?

I know i wouldnt. Gailey gave him two games and cut his losses. That was the best move he could make given all the circumstances. Its not like it was week 10. It was week 2. And what got trent fired more than anything was his attitude IMO. He walked out of bounds on 4th down. You want to be a leader of men? Lower your shoulder. Anyone who has ever player QB will tell you that and gailey sent a message you better give a damn or your gone

Edwards had all the skills, size, arm strenght smarts to be an NFL QB. He had the most starting expierence of any of our guys and hes had some decnet success in the NFL up to that point.

Gailey gave him two games and cut his losses. That was the best move he could make given all the circumstances.

Pretty obvious to anyone not looking to bash the Bills, I think.

Quinton Ganther.

You make an excellent point, but I'm guessing they took Ganther because he has a decent amount of NFL experience. And as much as we like to bash the coaches for not recognizing the talent of rookies and undrafted free agents, most coaches put quite a bit of stock in experience...particularity if that experience is decent.

I liked Bell quite a bit in preseason, though I remember he didn't do much in the last game or two. Perhaps he wasn't skilled at picking up the blitz, running proper routes, etc.

Ganther was with the Redskins last year, he did very little. I would like to see Bell back in Buffalo because I feel he ran with heartin the preseason. You probably make a good point about blocking assignments. Most rookies have to pick that up. In the long run Spiller, Jackson and Bell would make a solid trio.

It's the easiest thing in the world, to sit on one's couch and critique, particularly when you have nothing to do with either the problem or the solution.

Back to Joique Bell, the Bills are auditioning numerous offensive linemen and tight ends at the moment and have only 4 wide receivers on the active roster. In addition, Ganther has played pretty well (two runs for first downs, special teams) and is most likely more dependable in pass protection than Joique Bell.