ESPN's Power Rankings Week 15

Dorkington

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/15

Clearly with another victory we will march up the ladder, right?

Apparently not.

Edit to add:

Tim Graham's take

My take: All right, this ranking makes zero sense. The Bills defeated the Cleveland Browns and dropped a spot, while the Browns remained at No. 21. The Bills were leapfrogged by the Arizona Cardinals, who beat the Denver Broncos, a team in crisis and rated lower than the Bills in last week's poll. So beat a team that's worse than Buffalo, rise up the standings. Beat a team that's six slots ahead and fall.

I agree with Tim.

Edited by Dorkington

So this is what it's come to as a Bills fan. Disputing that we should be 27th in ESPN's power rankings instead of 28th.

That and talking about how close we are to getting over the hump after beating a Jake Delhomme-lead team that turned the ball over 3 times, at home......

NFL power rankings have to be the dumbest thing ever invented. This isn't college football. The NFL decides who the best is beginning in January using an actual playoff system. The only ranking that matters in the NFL is who wins the damn Superbowl. Coming in "second" sucks almost as bad as not getting in at all. Does anyone here actual care about the Bills theoretically being ranked "second" four years straight in the early nineties? Is it something you can really boast and feel good about? Think about it.

NFL power rankings have to be the dumbest thing ever invented. This isn't college football. The NFL decides who the best is beginning in January using an actual playoff system. The only ranking that matters in the NFL is who wins the damn Superbowl. Coming in "second" sucks almost as bad as not getting in at all. Does anyone here actual care about the Bills theoretically being ranked "second" four years straight in the early nineties? Is it something you can really boast and feel good about? Think about it.

It's an invention of the media that has 168 hours each week to fill.

PTR

I think it's interesting to think that some 8-8 team from the NFC West will make the playoffs while a better team with a better record won't.

In that regard, power rankings are fun for sports discussions.

Eh its for fun at the very worst the Bills should have stayed where they were but these are completely arbitrary we see the progress this team has made the guy(s) that does this doesn't really have time to study each team they probably just look at record and wins and add it up and compare.

Honestly the Bills since Fitz has taken over are a respectable bunch winning 3 out of 4 against teams with losing records and most of our other games against teams with winning records have been close games that have pushed teams to the limit.

All in all since Fitz has taken over you can only point to one game the Minnesota game and say it was a bad game and any team is bound to have a bad game now and again.

It may be the dumbest thing ever, but for some reason I always look forward to them. Really don't know why though.

Ditto. I think I go for the laugh factor now, considering what ESPN is doing with the rankings. Win and go down, lose and go up. Always a good chuckle and reason for pot shots against ESPN.

So this is what it's come to as a Bills fan. Disputing that we should be 27th in ESPN's power rankings instead of 28th.

Well, at least we aren't 32 this week. It could be worse, and it will be in three weeks. But for the moment, we are 28th best in the league.

My favorite part is the line from Clayton about missing a chance to draft Andrew Luck. Can someone get Clayton a script for the NFL post week 6 please? :thumbdown:

That and talking about how close we are to getting over the hump after beating a Jake Delhomme-lead team that turned the ball over 3 times, at home......

Typical. If this defense was a Steelers or Ravens type defense your stupid statement would say that they forced 3 turnovers. At what point do people like you give other people a little credit? Do you know how to string together a sentence with the intention of giving someone the credit they deserve? I believe the Hillis fumble was forced, the Delhomme sack-fumble was forced, and the interception by Leodis was forced. I know the team sucks, but reading what some of you people write is worse than watching the team.