Jets player/trainer cheapshot on punt

ofiba

It's risky for players and coaches to be that close. It's begging for not just an injury but a serious one. This year saints gunner Courtney roby ran into a member of the chain gang- bad stuff. Hospital time etc...

I get that it's not a thin line on the field, but 3 feet off the active field is too close to have a strength coach standing. Personnel should be far off the field and like a previous poster said - what happened to that buffer? It was there for a reason. If not intentional it was terribly negligent to have unneeded personnel that close to live bullets.

It looks pretty damn intentional to me. Not just the cheap shot, but the line of Jests personnel standing fairly close to the playing field. My point was, WEO was right about one thing (very unusual for him). They were about 3 feet or so away from the playing field.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks pretty damn intentional to me. Not just the cheap shot, but the line of Jests personnel standing fairly close to the playing field. My point was, WEO was right about one thing (very unusual for him). They were about 3 feet or so away from the playing field.

I'll give you that one - I still don't think a gunner going three feet past the edge of the field is well out of bounds though, which was the half of his statement that irked me. If a gunner gets redirected even a step or two it's suddenly a helmet to head collision which is far worse then helmet to helmet. Though the edge of the field is at the edge of the line, play does not magically stop there - that line is still in a sense a part of the active playing field and they have no business standing at it or leaning over it like they were.

I know I don't have to convince you but I'm glad they suspended him and I dont think there location was a coincidence. Rex was standing feet away and didn't say a word to them about moving away.

I noticed in one of the pics, you've got about 5 guys (presumably coaches) all lined up, toeing the line. That is not the natural way a bunch of guys would stand to watch a game. They've gotta be there as you said to impede the gunners progress &/or incite a penalty if the gunner goes OB.

I just was listening to espn radio's pregame or whatever was on, and they said several teams have been employing this strategy (according to several other teams). They probably didn't fire the guy because Ryan told them all to line up that way.

it seems obvious to me that that bunch were there on purpose, not necessarily to trip a player but to impede his progress. If the gunner gets knocked behind the line he would have to run along behind slowing up his progress. They're definitely in formation and not moving out of the way for a reason.......

What a !@#$ing !@#$. The Jets staff is !@#$ing pathetic. This is far worse than the Cheatriots. This could have ended a guy's playing career. What a !@#$ing worthless piece of **** this guy is. I really want to see Buffalo put these !@#$ers in their place.

Wow, the Jets are determined to make Alosi take the total fall. As if he would even wipe his nose on the sidelines without permission from Jabba.

Yeah, the odds of him "acting alone" and organizing the players on the sideline by himself is ludicrous. Based on the Steve Tasker quotes this type of stuff happens all the time in football you just don't have a guy blatantly putting his knee out there.

Yeah, the odds of him "acting alone" and organizing the players on the sideline by himself is ludicrous. Based on the Steve Tasker quotes this type of stuff happens all the time in football you just don't have a guy blatantly putting his knee out there.

Agreed , Sexy Rexy knew about this

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP1475ca20e3c2461f9026c5b6c11f246d.html

Kind of hard to believe a "strength snd conditioning" coach would organize this kind of thing. Why don't they come clean and say their team strategy was to have everyone stand close to the line (not forbidden and actually makes sense) and leave it at that. What Alosi did was enough to warrant his being fired if not banned from the NFL altogether. Another case of an organization taking a bad situation and making it worse.

Honestly ... who gives a crap about the wall. It's within the rules. The trip was bush league crap, and he should be fired for that. But to go after the entire coaching staff is crazy. Even Steve Tasker said it wasn't a big deal. And is there a bigger authority on special teams than Tasker?

Edited by gugny

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP1475ca20e3c2461f9026c5b6c11f246d.html

Why don't they come clean and say their team strategy was to have everyone stand close to the line (not forbidden and actually makes sense) and leave it at that. Another case of an organization taking a bad situation and making it worse.

100% agreed..coverup worse than the crime. Would love to see what type of confidentiality agreement is being put in place while he is "suspended" before being fired with a settlement of 10X his salary. Now they have put the story out there that Rexy had no knowledge, they gotta defend it to the end..when like oyu said having the guys stand there was perfectly legal.

DOLTS!!!

If it would have been the Bills strength and conditioning coach, would you have condemned Chan? I don't think that Ryan knew anything about this. The Jets would not be so tough on the guy if he was under orders. This is not that big a deal. I think Alosi did this on his own; spur of the moment.

• 3 weeks later...