This weeks OL

mrags

Well, I'm gonna be a little crazy and say I'm excited to see the OL this week against Cleveland. The Browns have 2 huge monsters at DT with one of them being a 3 time ProBowler (Rodgers). I'm very excited to see Wood in the Center spot and some Wang in at RG a little. If anyone else here is like me, you have actually been a little suprised and maybe a little pleases with the play of SOME of our OL this year. Bell seems to be playing decent and getting a hold on the position a little more, Levitre has held his own at LG, Hangartner has played decent at C, and Wood has been really good at RG. The RT position is a def need for us in the offseason, however with the exception of RT I'd be ok with going another year with what we have. Give these guys more time together to gel and I think were alright.

This week may mark the beginning if some changes that I can't wait to see. Wood stepping in at C, and Wang playing at RG. With all else the same, I think you might see this line starting next season, and I think this Sunday will be the spark for it all. Can't wait to see these guys play.

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

RT- FA/Draft choice from round 1-3

It's unfortunate that Urbik got injured (Hangman too, although his injury allows Wood to slide to center). That would give the Bills potentially 4/5 of their starting OL for 2011 (the jury is still out on Wrotto). But since Urbik is out, hopefully Hangman can return before the season ends to see what he can do at RG.

I understand the OP's sentiments. Unfortunately, Wood is getting a trial by fire as are Wang and Cordero Howard who will be sharing the right tackle position.

It's cool to see Wood at center…many Bills fans have been clamoring for him to move into the pivot, but the circumstances are much less than ideal.

I understand the OP's sentiments. Unfortunately, Wood is getting a trial by fire as are Wang and Cordero Howard who will be sharing the right tackle position.

It's cool to see Wood at center…many Bills fans have been clamoring for him to move into the pivot, but the circumstances are much less than ideal.

Did you mean guard or is Wrotto out for this week as well?

Well, I'm gonna be a little crazy and say I'm excited to see the OL this week against Cleveland. The Browns have 2 huge monsters at DT with one of them being a 3 time ProBowler (Rodgers). I'm very excited to see Wood in the Center spot and some Wang in at RG a little. If anyone else here is like me, you have actually been a little suprised and maybe a little pleases with the play of SOME of our OL this year. Bell seems to be playing decent and getting a hold on the position a little more, Levitre has held his own at LG, Hangartner has played decent at C, and Wood has been really good at RG. The RT position is a def need for us in the offseason, however with the exception of RT I'd be ok with going another year with what we have. Give these guys more time together to gel and I think were alright.

This week may mark the beginning if some changes that I can't wait to see. Wood stepping in at C, and Wang playing at RG. With all else the same, I think you might see this line starting next season, and I think this Sunday will be the spark for it all. Can't wait to see these guys play.

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

The Erection Company is finally coming to fruition!!! Levitre + Wang = Wood

We need DeMarcus Love from Arkansas to play RT because Sometimes you have to :censored: her gently.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2510

Edited by Beerball

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

I also like the idea of seeing what these new players can do, but my expectations are tempered with regard to Wang at RG. He may prove to be a good backup G/OT next season, but I think Urbik (once healthy) is our best option at RG. I'm really interested to see how Wood plays at center. His performance down the stretch could have great implications on our draft/free agency strategy. Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Love/Carimi :rolleyes:

I just think this week could be a huge step toward finding out if Wood will be our starting C next season and if they think Wang is something special. There was lots of talk about him coming out that he could be a huge suprise within a few years. If things go well for the rest of the year we might have 4 of our starters locked in.

Ive been waiting a long time for this game. Ever since we drafted Wood in the first round last year. I have very eager to see how he is at his natural position of center. I think he will perform better at center than guard because he is not a gigantic man (of nfl proportions) to handle those huge nose tack by themselves, where as a center they chip and help out on defenders. Im a huge fan Of Wood's so ill be watching him closely on Sunday. Hope he shows us he is he we thought he was, and be the center for the next 10-12 years.

On Wang's behalf, I am not optimistic. Wasnt a fan of the pick in this years draft. He is more a use his body weight and shoves the defender, rather than using a more orthodox approach of blocking. I think at most he should be our swing tackle of the future, besides that I think the less we see Wang, the better (in more ways than one).

They should be playing Wang at RT.

Well here's an interesting little change from Coach Gailey.

On Wednesday Gailey said that Cordaro Howard and Ed Wang would be splitting time at right guard.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Wednesday-Press-Conference/9ce8a0a9-e25f-478e-948b-26e89d6eec40

In the Brown's Focus feature with Chris Brown which was posted today, Gailey says that Cordaro Howard and Chad Rinehart will be splitting time at right guard.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Browns-Preview-with-Chan-Gailey/df68a662-c52d-44f2-93f4-0897e88e89c9

Rinehart was just promoted from the practice squad on Tuesday.

Interesting little development.

On Wednesday Gailey said that Cordaro Howard and Ed Wang would be splitting time at right guard.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Wednesday-Press-Conference/9ce8a0a9-e25f-478e-948b-26e89d6eec40

In the Brown's Focus feature with Chris Brown which was posted today, Gailey says that Cordaro Howard and Chad Rinehart will be splitting time at right guard.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Browns-Preview-with-Chan-Gailey/df68a662-c52d-44f2-93f4-0897e88e89c9

Is this a +1 for the scouting department? The Bills spent 2 picks on the OL late in the draft (Modrak's Wheelhouse) and the Bills have been using street free agents to round out the OL all season. The unathletic Calloway didn't even make this roster.

No!!!! The Erection Company is rooster blocked again.

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

If we could get a Johnson and Hardman into the line-up, the O-Line would provide pretty stiff competition for all opponents.

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

Another O-line post.

I don't see that Wood has had a very good season at all. I am sure someone will follow up with some offensive lineman stats from a website, or an obscure quote from some guru, but I a have seen every game this season and he is still recovering. It will be interesting to see how he does on Sunday and many on TSW are ready to annoint him as the next center without ever making a snap.

Hangartner and Levitre have been our most consistent linemen. Lots of Hangartner haters on TSW but none are named Chan Gailey.

Bell has been serviceable. His pass blocking has been good, the stat people with claim only 2 sacks all season. He is a weak run blocker and for that I would like to see us upgrade the LT spot.

RT is below NFL caliber.

We need two tackles and more depth in the middle of the line.

Edited by Bob in STL

Considering playing 2nd and 3rd stringers on the right side of the line and Wood at center, I thought the O-line played pretty well. They still have to upgrade talent but pretty solid performance.

Towards the end, Jackson, Wood and company were able to gnaw out important yardage to seal the win.

I'm encouraged. Wood might not relinquish that position for a long time.

Considering playing 2nd and 3rd stringers on the right side of the line and Wood at center, I thought the O-line played pretty well. They still have to upgrade talent but pretty solid performance.

Towards the end, Jackson, Wood and company were able to gnaw out important yardage to seal the win.

I'm encouraged. Wood might not relinquish that position for a long time.

It appears the Bills have 4/5 of their O-line set in Bell, Levitre, Wood, and Hangman/Urbik. They need to find out if Wrotto or Wang is the future RT.

It appears the Bills have 4/5 of their O-line set in Bell, Levitre, Wood, and Hangman/Urbik. They need to find out if Wrotto or Wang is the future RT.

Things are looking promising on our O-line. We need a Johnson to stiffen up that RT spot. Also having a solid blocking TE would be great too. A Metzelaars type.

Things are looking promising on our O-line. We need a Johnson to stiffen up that RT spot. Also having a solid blocking TE would be great too. A Metzelaars type.

(Against me better judgment...)

Uh, hello! Wang at RT?

As for TE, I think they concentrate on that as well as pass rusher and LB.

On Wang's behalf, I am not optimistic. Wasnt a fan of the pick in this years draft. He is more a use his body weight and shoves the defender, rather than using a more orthodox approach of blocking. I think at most he should be our swing tackle of the future, besides that I think the less we see Wang, the better (in more ways than one).

In College. He's in the NFL now. He will learn proper technique. Can he apply it? We will see.

2011 OL

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood/Handgartner

RG- Wang/Handgartner

Wang is behind Wood, Howard, and Urbik on the depth chart, not really understanding why you are so excited to see him on the field or why you have him starting at RG next year :unsure:

If anyone was offended, they are uptight. I have quite a few asian friends I'm just calling it what it is: Oh, Buffalo is so tiny, we need to make friends with Toronto and China to survive. STFU Russ Brandon.

This was exactly the sort of ignorant response I was expecting from you. Congratulations.