Urban Meyer stepping down...

ACor58

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see both. Maybe he payed the original fee for Newton?

Maybe he payed the original fee to get Newton. I don't think he will be a very good pro coach but withthe tebow conection why not.

Sorry for the double post. I did this on my iPhone and didn't think the first went through

1) No way he's burnt out. Watch the Gators this year we were poorly coached anyway he needs a break. You don't burn out in college and take an NFL job. You don't site "spend time w/ family" then move your family to Denver and be around even less.

2) You clearly don't know what kind of program Urban runs. Sometimes the guys get arrested...but he doesn't cheat to get them in town.

I can see both. Maybe he payed the original fee for Newton?

Ding .... Ding ..... Ding

I think you may be right, it doesn't seem to me that after you are bounced out of a school (no matter how much they want to say he quit) that one suddenly gets the bright idea to charge another school for your services. I'm guessing Urban paid BIG for Mr. Newton's services, and Cam will be just the tip of the ice berg as far as college sports "payola" goes once the investigation gets into full swing (if the NCAA allows the dirty laundry to surface).

I think you may be right, it doesn't seem to me that after you are bounced out of a school (no matter how much they want to say he quit) that one suddenly gets the bright idea to charge another school for your services. I'm guessing Urban paid BIG for Mr. Newton's services, and Cam will be just the tip of the ice berg as far as college sports "payola" goes once the investigation gets into full swing (if the NCAA allows the dirty laundry to surface).

That's what I was trying to get at I just didn't have the time to type it all out

This guy is turning into a Brett Favre with his antics. He'll probably unretire. on friday.

He's quitting because he was exposed as a fraud of a coach, one who couldn't win at a high level without a once-in-a-generation college talent.

This guy is turning into a Brett Favre with his antics. He'll probably unretire. on friday.

He's quitting because he was exposed as a fraud of a coach, one who couldn't win at a high level without a once-in-a-generation college talent.

That talent being Chris Leak? The QB of his first National Championship team?

If anyone followed college football last year, theyd know that he already stepped down once because of health issues. Health issues caused directly by the amount of stress he puts on himself in that job.

No way does he go to the NFL. He might not take a year off, or he might take a year off and come back to college ball. But Im willing to go on record as predicting he will NOT take a job in the NFL.

If they really felt like pursuing it, they could find issues at EVERY major program and then NO team would be bowl eligible, and where does that leave the NCAA?

How long ago did Bush play at USC? And how long did it take the NCAA to finish its investigation and make a ruling?

If Meyer was running away from something, he would still have YEARS before anything happened.

Guy is just tired, and sick.

If anyone followed college football last year, theyd know that he already stepped down once because of health issues. Health issues caused directly by the amount of stress he puts on himself in that job.

No way does he go to the NFL. He might not take a year off, or he might take a year off and come back to college ball. But Im willing to go on record as predicting he will NOT take a job in the NFL.

If Meyer was running away from something, he would still have YEARS before anything happened.

Guy is just tired, and sick.

I know Meyer had serious health issues - chest pain, possible heart attack, rumored brain cyst, etc. - but I would definitely not rule out the possibility of him, after some rest, ending up in New England* either replacing or working for his old buddy Bill* Belicheat*...

Convenient that two pretty certified jerks are good friends inside the football coaching circle. Think about it: Bill* Belichick* and Urban Meyer have a lot in common; Belichick* used to run up the score last year, Meyer’s doing it this year. Naturally, after seeing Florida blow out South Carolina Saturday, Belichick* had some words of advice for Meyer on handling his players: (Link - Bill* Belichick* Offers Advice to Urban Meyer on Blowing Teams Out)

See also...

Bill* Belichick* and Urban Meyer Are Run Up the Score BFFs

Urban Meyer’s old buddy Bill* Belichick* drafts Spikes, Cunningham in second round

1.) He will be the next head coach of the Denver Broncos

2.) Florida will be sanctioned by the NCAA in the next 18 months.

3.) Mike Leach will be on every blog, column, sports-talk show, etc., making known to the world his availability for this and the recently available Pitt HC job B-)

(Wannstedt got fired today)

Edited by The Senator

1.) He will be the next head coach of the Denver Broncos

2.) Florida will be sanctioned by the NCAA in the next 18 months.

Wasn't George Edwards the Florida DC for like a week last offseason? I think he deserves serious consideration for the Florida job.

He knows the program and he took the principles of the college spread offense and translated them to NFL defense. I call it the spread defense. The man is a frickin' pioneer.

That talent being Chris Leak? The QB of his first National Championship team?

Sorry, Ron Zook's players won that title. Not Cryer's.

If his health was that bad, he should have stepped down after last season. He's stepping down to avoid further embarrassment that shows he can't design a functioning offense when he doesn't have the son of God playing QB.

Edited by Ramius

3.) Mike Leach will be on every blog, column, sports-talk show, etc., making known to the world his availability for this and the recently available Pitt HC job B-)

Poor guy is a desperate publicity whore. Yet he won't be a serious candidate for either of them.

Wasn't George Edwards the Florida DC for like a week last offseason? I think he deserves serious consideration for the Florida job.

He knows the program and he took the principles of the college spread offense and translated them to NFL defense. I call it the spread defense. The man is a frickin' pioneer.

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Edited by Why So Serious?

Sorry, Ron Zook's players won that title. Not Cryer's.

If his health was that bad, he should have stepped down after last season. He's stepping down to avoid further embarrassment that shows he can't design a functioning offense when he doesn't have the son of God playing QB.

Get over yourself. It was Meyer's second year when he won that title with Leak, so obviously he can work with other players. Your statement that they were "Zook's players" just proves my point.

Guys at that level dont quit because of one bad season. Should Mack Brown step down too? Since he must be a fake because he couldn't do anything this year without McCoy.

"Cryer", "son of God", just admit you dont like Florida and therefore can't really have an objective opinion. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. It was Meyer's second year when he won that title with Leak, so obviously he can work with other players. Your statement that they were "Zook's players" just proves my point.

Guys at that level dont quit because of one bad season. Should Mack Brown step down too? Since he must be a fake because he couldn't do anything this year without McCoy.

"Cryer", "son of God", just admit you dont like Florida and therefore can't really have an objective opinion. :rolleyes:

Urban meyer has been doing his offense since Bowling Green and just tweaked it all the way to Florida. It is amazing what he was able to do. He reminds me of a Bilicheck in the NCAA.

I don't see Mack Brown quitting. And cryer gets him name from whining his way into the 2006 National Championship, which UF had no rights being in.

Urban Cryer will forever be Jimbo Fisher's B word.

once in a generation? Tebow was nowhere near the level of a Vince Young.

What? You mean he would be willing to forgo being the next head coach of the University of Miami to coach Pitt?

Oh, that's right. UM said they would not hire Leach.

So I guess Leach would be available to coach the Panthers.