Dave Wannstedt

...Wasn't Wannstedt a defensive guru for the Steelers under Bill Cowhan? Since he is stepping down at Pitt, did Chan and Dave Cross path for the them? Just a thought ..http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5896191

He was Jimmy Johnson's DC on the Cowboys back in the 90's

Since I'm going to just get bashed for this post to he even meet Chan in Dallas?..LOL.. Sorry to all... I meant well.

I'm pretty sure Dave was already gone to HC at Chicago before Coach Gailey showed up in Dallas.

But Dave as Bills DC is an interesting thought. I would certainly entertain that.

Wannstedt hired gailey as OC when he was in Miami. Wannstedt and gailey are great friends, their families are close, talk every week. This would be an outstanding hire for the Bills. All this guy does is put out very good defenses everywhere he goes.

Not that it matters much to me…I'm not married to one scheme or the other but isn't Wannstache's (thanks Captain Caveman) experience as a 4-3 coordinator? Pretty sure that's what he ran in Miami…Zach Thomas was the MLB if I'm not mistaken.

...Wasn't Wannstedt a defensive guru for the Steelers under Bill Cowher? Since he is stepping down at Pitt, did Chan and Dave Cross path for the them? Just a thought ..http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5896191

Cowher and Wannstedt both have great mustaches.

Wouldn't Edwards have worked with Wannstedt as well?

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Not that it matters much to me…I'm not married to one scheme or the other but isn't Wannstache's (thanks Captain Caveman) experience as a 4-3 coordinator? Pretty sure that's what he ran in Miami…Zach Thomas was the MLB if I'm not mistaken.

yeah, he is a 4-3 coach. The Bills have not really invested much into the 3-4 that they couldnt run a 4-3 next year.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I don't see Gailey giving the Ax to Edwards.... who is also a friend. At least not after 1 season with a bunch of players that this regime didn't even draft.

Vince Lombardi wouldn't get much more out of this defense. The Bills need players, not new coaches.

I don't see Gailey giving the Ax to Edwards.... who is also a friend. At least not after 1 season with a bunch of players that this regime didn't even draft.

Bingo! End of discussion.

Wade would not come back to Buffalo as long as RW JR is alive

I think most of the world would agree with that statement