Dave Wannstedt

I don't see Gailey giving the Ax to Edwards.... who is also a friend. At least not after 1 season with a bunch of players that this regime didn't even draft.

This. Plus up until last week I thought that the defense had been starting to play better. Unless the defense just totally collapses over the last 4 games, I see him being back next year.

• 2 weeks later...

This. Plus up until last week I thought that the defense had been starting to play better. Unless the defense just totally collapses over the last 4 games, I see him being back next year.

I agree. I know the defense has been bad, really bad, but they have improved, IMO, over the last 3 or 4 games. They are still giving up way too much yardage on the ground, but they are starting to make some key plays, something they weren't doing before. It started with the Baltimore game. To me, I think Edwards has shown some growth, and they will get better, with some better talent to beef up the front seven.

Edward seems over his head as an NFL DC but Wannstash is a 4-3 guy not a 3-4 guy.

So what?

We're not married to the 3-4. Dave Wannabee has had success coaching defenses at an NFL level. That's what we need. I don't car if he runs a 2-5 or 6-1 or whatever. Just so long as it can stop the other team, which the Edwards D has not been able to do.

After the season's over I want Edward gone on the noon bus.

Not sure what the posted link says, but I thought I saw somewhere that Wandstandt is staying at Pitt in a non-coaching capacity.

Not a great coach, but he seemed to be an outstanding recruiter. I think Pitt has more stars in the NFL than Penn State now.

That is right. Wandstandt is remaining at Pitt. I saw it too.