Peter King givin the Bills a little lovin'

Sabre Bill

The Unknown Player You Need to Know This Week

Kyle Williams, NT, Buffalo (number 95).

At 6-foot-1 and 306 pounds, Williams is not the typical 3-4 defense run-stuffer; he's not the stout 330-pound type who just stuffs the run. But when Williams takes the field against the Minnesota Vikings Sunday, Brett Favre -- and, more importantly, the interior of the Vikings offensive line -- will know he's a rare player. They could see that from watching the tape of the Steelers' narrow win over the Bills last week. Williams had one of the best games by a defensive tackle in the league this year, with 10 tackles, two sacks and three more quarterback hits last week.

"He is not a typical anything,'' coach Chan Gailey told me Friday morning. "He's got unusual quickness and unusual competitiveness -- I mean, great quickness, great instincts, great competitiveness. That's what makes him a great football player.'' I said to the buttoned-up Gailey I haven't heard the word "great'' come out of him very often. "I choose that word very carefully, and I don't use it often,'' he said. "But Kyle's a great football player.''

Ten Things I'll Be Watching For This Weekend

6. The never-say-die Bills. I've really come to love watching this team. With no postseason to play for, the Bills, in order, have taken the superior Ravens to overtime on the road, the superior Chiefs to overtime on the road, blown a late lead to the playoff-bound Bears, beaten the Lions, scored 35 straight points to overwhelm the Bengals, and come within a dropped touchdown pass in overtime by Steve Johnson of beating the superior Steelers. The Bills are 2-9, and I know a few of their fans, and they're stupidly excited about the last five meaningless games, starting Sunday at the Favres.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/03/ravens-steelers/1.html#ixzz174a0vuxf

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/03/ravens-steelers/1.html#ixzz174Zw8jjG

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/03/ravens-steelers/1.html#ixzz174ZrESAt

Stupidly excited, Stupid Excited, Excited and stupid...I really don't care.

This team has given me a reason to look forward to Sundays again. It's like watching an "underdog" football movie every sunday...cept...Shane "footsteps" Fitzfalco didn't throw a game winning touchdown.

Edited by Jdragon2

We are 3 defensive players away from being a playoff team - DE / OLB, ILB and another DT.

Add to that a stud TE and solid deep-threat receiver, and you have the makings of a pretty good team next year.

Im very proud of this team. I didnt think this would be anywhere near possible before the season and up to the bye week. I work out of town and they get a lot of props from people I work with from NYC and Philly. The Jets fans I know are hoping that there is nothing at stake for week 17 against Buffalo.

Very nice job to the players for working so hard and the coaching staff.

Hell yeah I'm stupidly excited. This team is great to watch if only it had a defense. Football season is 16 weekends a year of the Bills...if I can I WILL enjoy it. And despite the no playoffs and defense...I can easily enjoy this. Enjoy I will.

GO BILLS!

Add to that a stud TE and solid deep-threat receiver, and you have the makings of a pretty good team next year.

Let's not forget a top-line RT....I guess that's a lot of needs, but at least it seems that the team is headed in the right direction for a change.

Edited by Special K