Carolina Panthers to Take Luck?

saundena

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup seems panthers are throwin games just for good luck

:w00t:

Too bad we don't play them this year. They'd call it the 'Good Luck, laydown Bowl'.

'Here, you take it'

No, no, you!

'I insist! Take it!

Wouldn't think of it. Please, help your yourself to that fumble..

How can that be?? It wasa known fact the Bill's totally screwed up by not picking Clausen when they had the chance. Many here whom are much smarter than NFL gm's would have told you how dumb the Bill's were back then.

I love the "Clausen would be better right from the start than all of the QBs on our roster" people before the draft. He is a very mechanical QB who plays against a soft schedule.

We're 2-9 but have played every team but one tough since Fitz took over. Could you imagine how bad we would be if we had Clausen starting for us right now? Dear God.

I don't have insider. Anyone care to summarize? Is it just worthless speculation?

It's worthless speculation. It's in the "Rumors" section. Summary:

- we wrote last week Carolina might pursue Carson Palmer

- it is possible they might also take a top QB

- Schefter says that Luck will go #1 to ANY team if he declares (including Carolina)

- NFC South ESPN blogger says it's too soon to tell if Clausen is good or not.

Groundbreaking...

I don't have insider. Anyone care to summarize? Is it just worthless speculation?

its December, how could this be anything but speculation? come on

I would be surprised if they took Luck after using 2 picks on QBs last year.

Edited by Max997

I love the "Clausen would be better right from the start than all of the QBs on our roster" people before the draft. He is a very mechanical QB who plays against a soft schedule.

We're 2-9 but have played every team but one tough since Fitz took over. Could you imagine how bad we would be if we had Clausen starting for us right now? Dear God.

I love them as much as the crowd that believes with certainty that a QB on a 2-9 is the next coming of Drew Brees and/or Tom Brady.

:w00t:

Too bad we don't play them this year. They'd call it the 'Good Luck, laydown Bowl'.

'Here, you take it'

No, no, you!

'I insist! Take it!

Wouldn't think of it. Please, help your yourself to that fumble..

It would still have to be considered a fair matchup if both teams were trying to lose, right? :D

I love them as much as the crowd that believes with certainty that a QB on a 2-9 is the next coming of Drew Brees and/or Tom Brady.

I missed those posts but I definitely think Fitz is a solid enough QB, even on a 2-9 team. He throw a GW td pass against the Steelers that a receiver dropped. He put up 30+ points against 3 2009 teams, on the road.

Fitz isn't Brees or Brady but he certainly is a good NFL starter and not the reason we are 2-9.

Please go look at the record for the Bills the first year the Jim Kelly played (1986, not the USFL numbers)...Didn't he turn out okay?

Also: Brees started all 16 games for the Chargers during the 2002 season, leading the team to an 8-8 record. After a disappointing start to the 2003 season he was replaced by Flutie.

those guys were proven winners in the NFL as soon as they got on the scene right?

Not only that but I am pretty sure I have never seen anybody here compare Fitz to Tom Brady. In fact most posts about Fitz are positive but note that he can still(and needs to) improve. So...yeah...

:wallbash:

I missed those posts but I definitely think Fitz is a solid enough QB, even on a 2-9 team. He throw a GW td pass against the Steelers that a receiver dropped. He put up 30+ points against 3 2009 teams, on the road.

Fitz isn't Brees or Brady but he certainly is a good NFL starter and not the reason we are 2-9.

With a non-existent defense, Fitz should be 4-5 at least counting the OT FG against KC and Johnson's "want to get away" moment. As Marv said (when he was a coach) "If you want to halp the QB, build him a good defense". I agree with that.

I didn't even realize the season was over - much less that Luck had declared, draft day had arrived, and Carolina had the #1 pick! :wacko:

I think Doc Brown showed up in the Delorean and leaked the future to ESPN. That is where all of their insider information comes from.

There is no question in my mind that the Panthers will take Luck if he declares for the draft, and it does not mean they feel that Clausen will fail. When you have the opportunity to draft a great qb, you do it. Yes there is risk, but Luck seems to have it all. Clausen will sit on the bench, and if he plays well when given the opportunity, he will be traded.

I didn't read the article, but the prevailing thought here in Charlotte seems to be that if Luck declares, and he's there, it's a no-brainer. They seem to have already decided that Clausen isn't franchise material.

And Carolina would certainly know what constitutes a "franchise QB". The organization that kept Delhomme for 2 seasons too long (as their "franchise QB")? ANd replaced him with Matt Moore? And just a few years ago pulled Vinny Testaverde off his couch to start for them??

Yet they can tell that Clausen, after 5 starts, isn't "franchise material"?

Well how about that...

How certain are we Luck WILL declare for the draft?

Depending on what happens with the labor situation, he'd be dumb not too. Nothing is guaranteed in football and he can always get his degree. Look at what happen to Locker this year. He got hurt and had a bad year. Now, he's a borderline 1st rounder and would have easily be a top 5 pick last year. Same with Leinart.

And if Harbaugh doesn't leave, he would have zero reason to go back to school.