Carolina Panthers to Take Luck?

saundena

The Bills have squandered their chance at drafting Andrew Luck, should he declare.

There has not been a quarterback prospect in recent history that literally EVERY team in the NFL would draft if selecting #1 regardless of need or their current QB situation. Yes, he is that highly regarded. No, we don't have a shot at him. Yes, you take him, even if you already have a Romo or a Palmer or a Claussen or a Vick or a Fitzgibbons.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can that be?? It wasa known fact the Bill's totally screwed up by not picking Clausen when they had the chance. Many here whom are much smarter than NFL gm's would have told you how dumb the Bill's were back then.

My initial thoughts too. I was glad we didn't take Clausen and if Carolina takes Luck, I would personally feel vindicated. Hooray me.

I love them as much as the crowd that believes with certainty that a QB on a 2-9 is the next coming of Drew Brees and/or Tom Brady.

I think you are right in the regard that there is no telling how good Fitzpatrick can be right now. He's not a prototype, but with his accuracy clearly being improved he doesn't have a clearly defined weakness.

He's not tall in the pocket, but he's not so small that you can hinder him by making him stay in the pocket the way Belichick killed the Flutie magic.

He doesn't have a great arm, but he has good zip and he throws guys open by getting the ball there on time.

He's a very quick thinking, aggressive, athletic and tough QB.

That's all good. But he isn't a 100 rated passer and he isn't proven over the long haul either.

The Bills may have their QB of the future, but if they get a chance to take Luck they should take him.

I'd rather have Fitzpatrick and Luck and try to find a LB or DE later in the draft than risk another high pick on a pass rusher and then have Fitzpatrick not stand the test of time and be looking for a franchise QB again.

How can that be?? It wasa known fact the Bill's totally screwed up by not picking Clausen when they had the chance. Many here whom are much smarter than NFL gm's would have told you how dumb the Bill's were back then.

Here is the bottom line, the Bills have not utilized the first round(or the draft in general) very well the past decade.

If you are defending the Bills FO, you are a fool.

I'm not a big Clausen fan, but the Bills have made A LOT more effort to fill the RB position than to fill the QB position over the past 50 years, and that kind of short-sighted, instant gratification motivated, misguided approach to personnel is why they've had such putrid QB play.

I'd rather take a chance at whiffing on an early round QB now and then than draft a RB in round 1 every 3-4 years and lose, lose, lose. Stranger things have happened than a talented player like Jimmy Clausen turning into a very good QB in a couple years so I would withhold judgement on his supporters.