Carolina Panthers to Take Luck?

saundena

Please go look at the record for the Bills the first year the Jim Kelly played (1986, not the USFL numbers)...Didn't he turn out okay?

Also: Brees started all 16 games for the Chargers during the 2002 season, leading the team to an 8-8 record. After a disappointing start to the 2003 season he was replaced by Flutie.

those guys were proven winners in the NFL as soon as they got on the scene right?

Not only that but I am pretty sure I have never seen anybody here compare Fitz to Tom Brady. In fact most posts about Fitz are positive but note that he can still(and needs to) improve. So...yeah...

:wallbash:

You can bang your head on the wall all you want, but you've proved absolutely nothing with this post.

I missed those posts but I definitely think Fitz is a solid enough QB, even on a 2-9 team. He throw a GW td pass against the Steelers that a receiver dropped. He put up 30+ points against 3 2009 teams, on the road.

Fitz isn't Brees or Brady but he certainly is a good NFL starter and not the reason we are 2-9.

The posts referenced were here if I am not mistaken.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think the Bills have any chance whatsoever at getting Luck then you are seriously delusional.

It's nice they are playing better and all, but the reality is that the Bengals win completely destroyed any chance at Luck.

Carolina has got him locked up all the way.

It will be nice for them, too, as their are going to get a new coach to go along with their new young stud QB.

Not any more than you want to grab Mallet.

Carolina has to win @Seattle or at home against Arizona to get to 2-14, which would mean us running the table with losses just to lose the 2-14 tie breaker and not get Luck anyway. I still see us at #4 to #6, getting a good player, and I think we should forget about the #1 or Luck any more than we were focusing on who the Rams should take last year (meaning it is fine if you are interested, but it doesn't relate much to the Bills). I am still rooting for the bottom teams to win (and for the Bills to win) so we stay as high as we can, but that 41 yarder against the Browns as time expired on Sunday is the closest we will get to the #1 pick this year. I think we will get a great player anyway, and can find the non-Peyton-Manning-draft-slot QB of the future in this draft or next.

Yet they can tell that Clausen, after 5 starts, isn't "franchise material"?

Well how about that...

Whether Clausen is franchise qb material or not would not stop the Panthers' from drafting Luck because he is the better franchise qb prospect.

If the Bills had an opportunity to draft Luck and didn't because the organization felt that Harvard Fitz was their designated franchise qb then they would be laughed out of the league.

Edited by JohnC

I love them as much as the crowd that believes with certainty that a QB on a 2-9 is the next coming of Drew Brees and/or Tom Brady.

Again with the 2-9. :doh: Totally ignore what is happening in the games. Just tell me the W-L. That's how you judge talent in the NFL.

PTR

And Carolina would certainly know what constitutes a "franchise QB". The organization that kept Delhomme for 2 seasons too long (as their "franchise QB")? ANd replaced him with Matt Moore? And just a few years ago pulled Vinny Testaverde off his couch to start for them??

Yet they can tell that Clausen, after 5 starts, isn't "franchise material"?

Well how about that...

Plus these people making these decisions could very well be gone after this season.

It's all shaping up for Cowher to return to coaching in Carolina next year. Fox's contract is over at the end of this season, it's the closest HC job to Cowher's home and the table will be set to build a winner by drafting a franchise QB and then filling out other roster spots with the highest position in rounds 2 - 7.

shrader

Who Dares to be a Millionaire?

Group:Members

Posted Today, 01:35 PM

Chandler#81, on 02 December 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

Too bad we don't play them this year. They'd call it the 'Good Luck, laydown Bowl'.

It would still have to be considered a fair matchup if both teams were trying to lose, right?

:w00t:

Too bad we don't play them this year. They'd call it the 'Good Luck, laydown Bowl'.

'Here, you take it'

No, no, you!

'I insist! Take it!

Wouldn't think of it. Please, help your yourself to that fumble..

And then the officials finally break in. We have a ruling. It’s unrecoverable!

Edited by whodat

Not any more than you want to grab Mallet.

Au contraire, mon frère.

Quite unlike the TSW ' Oh-my-God-I-want-Andrew-Luck-so-bad ' crowd, I don't think I've ever started a thread stating how badly I want the Bills to draft Ryan Mallett, or how we absolutely MUST have him, or how we should lose every game just to ensure we're in the position to draft him . :rolleyes:

Certainly, I've made my preference for Mallett over Luck loud and clear, have expressed great bemusement at the Joy Luck Club, and - until the recent emergence of Ryan Fitzpatick as a bona fide starter (and a darn good one, at that) - have also advocated using a first-round pick on Mallett.

But to compare any of that to TSW's screaming-teenage-girl-hysteria for Andy-Boy is ludicrous. I've actually been suggesting since September 12th that we draft Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi in round one - and, if we did actually draft Mallett, trading back into round one to draft Carimi too.

(One of the reasons is that Luck will be at Stanford for another year. And, as I've also stated in several threads dating back several months, Ryan Mallett may well stay at Arkansas for his senior year.)

Again with the 2-9. :doh: Totally ignore what is happening in the games. Just tell me the W-L. That's how you judge talent in the NFL.

PTR

No..not at all. I am just not willing to drink the Kool-Aid that Fitz is the savior based upon his performance to date. I give him all the credit in the world for what he has accomplished. Has it convinced me we could afford to pass up at premier QB prospect? Not at all.

from what i've heard down here they think clausen is the qb of the future. remember, richardson is a defense first guy and he took peppers when harrington was on the board. i know they took kerry collins real high back in the day but they will draft a def lineman with that top pick. the past couple season the panthers have just been plagued by injuries with their nt tearing achilles last year, thomas davis torn acl last two years, stewart and williams both being banged up the last two years, jordan gross, jeff otah as well.

The think about having the first overall IF Luck comes out is you will get some sweet offers from desperate teams willing to do some Ditka/Ricky Williams type giveaway trades to move into your spot.

The other nice thing about having the first overall is that you can start wheeling with other teams ahead of the draft because everyone knows exactly who is on the board and whose pick it is. Its yours!

Our offense is pretty good right now, maybe we're better off winning three more games and turning things around with who we have, we'll still be in the top 5 or 6 probably and that's not a bad place to be on draft day. I want all linebackers or big bodied athletic lineman. No more little dudes or "skill guys" we need strength.

There is no question in my mind that the Panthers will take Luck if he declares for the draft, and it does not mean they feel that Clausen will fail. When you have the opportunity to draft a great qb, you do it. Yes there is risk, but Luck seems to have it all. Clausen will sit on the bench, and if he plays well when given the opportunity, he will be traded.

+1

Our Carolina Analyst at Drafttek says the same thing---they'd take Luck. QB is Priority 1 for Carolina.

I don't see the Panthers winning another game, and I'm even wondering if the Bengals don't implode at this point.

Dallas could also pick ahead of us, and possibly Detroit. But Arizona is the other team who has the priority set at 1 for Quarterback. Arizona is 3-8 and has STL, DEN, CAR, DAL, and SF. Let's hope they pick up at least 2 wins there, and possibly 3.

No..not at all. I am just not willing to drink the Kool-Aid that Fitz is the savior based upon his performance to date. I give him all the credit in the world for what he has accomplished. Has it convinced me we could afford to pass up at premier QB prospect? Not at all.

Its only Kool Aid when you believe in things that aren't happening. Fitz's stats and performance are quite real. What is it called when you refuse to look at what is right in front of you?

PTR