The Vikings are going to run down our throat.

I have seen some improvement in the Bills defense the last 4-5 weeks most notably the pass rush but they still can't stop the run for the life of them. Peterson is a physical, bruising back with speed when he gets around the tackles. I can see him putting up 200+ yards next week. Hopefully we can bank on Favre making some bone headed decisions and get Stevie involved early in the game.

Go Bills!

I have seen some improvement in the Bills defense the last 4-5 weeks most notably the pass rush but they still can't stop the run for the life of them. Peterson is a physical, bruising back with speed when he gets around the tackles. I can see him putting up 200+ yards next week. Hopefully we can bank on Favre making some bone headed decisions and get Stevie involved early in the game.

Go Bills!

You should check the injury reports before you post.

PTR

Go Bills!

Are you one of those guys who said Pittsburgh was gonna blow us out?

Peterson will be playing this week.

The Steelers ran all over us and still only scored 16 points in regulation. And 3 points in the second half.

Excactly. Putting up a lot of yards running doesn't mean one team blowing another away when it comes to the final score. Its only one step/advantage to winning a game.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The Steelers ran all over us and still only scored 16 points in regulation. And 3 points in the second half.

Yeah and they switch to a pass centric offense in the 2nd half. Still scratching my head over that halftime "adjustment".

Another interesting stat:

Penalties Steelers: 10-107 Bills: 4-20

10 freaking penalties, and big ones too! That was what put the Bills in a position to win in my opinion.

For once you don't see many people complaining about the officiating, and for good reason!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yeah and they switch to a pass centric offense in the 2nd half. Still scratching my head over that halftime "adjustment".

Another interesting stat:

Penalties Steelers: 10-107 Bills: 4-20

10 freaking penalties, and big ones too! That was what put the Bills in a position to win in my opinion.

For once you don't see many people complaining about the officiating, and for good reason!

The "adjustment" was Mendenhall was getting stuffed all of a sudden.

PTR

Go Bills!

Good thing he sprained his ankle. We'll be seeing more Gerhart then Peterson.

A simple, yet outstanding point that seems to be lost on many. If Johnson catches the overtime TD pass, imagine being a running back with 151 yards on the ground, and a loss.

Edited by LABillzFan

A simple, yet outstanding point that seems to be lost on many. If Johnson catches the overtime TD pass, imagine being a running back with 151 yards on the ground, and a loss.

That would probably feel like running for 131 yards and a TD on 15 carries and losing by 1.

He's not confirmed injured for this game, atleast not yet.

If you actually read my post there is nowhere I said the vikings will blow away the bills.

I didn't say that you said that...just referring to the several , non BILLIEVERS, that said Pitt would blow us out...just fun'n with ya!

I say stack the box and blitz the shyte out of them...Favre's no go under pressure...anymore.

I didn't say that you said that...just referring to the several , non BILLIEVERS, that said Pitt would blow us out...just fun'n with ya!

I say stack the box and blitz the shyte out of them...Favre's no go under pressure...anymore.

Blitzing might work however Sydney Rice is back and now healthy. I don't think our corners can handle him 1 on 1, especially with the jump balls and thats what Favre would do if we bitz him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

So the last ranked run defense suddenly figured out how to stop the run only to relapse in OT.

So Mendenhall finally broke one. He's a great player. Hard to contain him. But most of the 2nd half he was boxed in. Maybe you didn't notice but the Steelers only scored 3 points in the 2nd half. That's why they started throwing more.

Besides, with all that domination the Steelers still almost lost the game. So what does all those gaudy stats buy you?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

alright well hes gonna play but honestly with rice still being a kitty theyre passing attack is nothing to fear. We will play pretty much 7-8 in the box the whole game except we should prolly watch out for shiancoe because we always get raped by t.es honestly i dont want to win this game but i hope its close again. At this point i just want the draft pick but I do really think this time that the bills are back! also has anyone noticed that this is the first time since like 04 that the team gets better as the year goes on instead of worse, its !@#$in awesome haha

and gerheart has a shoulder injury thats apparently worse than petersons fyi

I heard he said his ankle pain was "unbearable" and he has an mri for today.

I think he would need to have his leg amputated not to play.

He is going up against the last ranked run defense at home.

This has got "stat feast" written all over it as far as he in concerned.

So Mendenhall finally broke one. He's a great player. Hard to contain him. But most of the 2nd half he was boxed in. Maybe you didn't notice but the Steelers only scored 3 points in the 2nd half. That's why they started throwing more.

I contend that they only scored 3 points in the second half because they started throwing more.

Run worked great in the first half

+ playing a team horrible against the run

+ PigBen gimpy

+ Windy

= Throw the ball more in the second half

That math seems off to me.

Besides, with all that domination the Steelers still almost lost the game. So what does all those gaudy stats buy you?

It buys me that if you give any team, much less a team with no quit like the Bills, reason to believe they are still in the game, then they will get back into the game. They should have continued to run the ball down our throats with the occasional pass when the Bills stacked the box. Pretty simple.

Oh, and not just "almost lost the game". They should have lost the game. Between the Johnson drop and Leodis tripping over his own man during the kickoff return, the Steelers had no business winning that game.

Edited by CodeMonkey