More Steeler Fans than Bills Fans

coldstorage5

Surrounded by Steelers fans by me. All were really nice except one; I actually had the pleasure of seeing other Steelers fans get him kicked out! :w00t:

For those, like myself, who don't get up to the Ralph too often, it was a great game. Got my money's worth.

While I'm at it... Schopp and Bulldog really are worthless, huh? I've seen threads on this before, but I never listen since I'm out of town. CAN YOU PLEASE OFFER SOME ACTUAL ANALYSIS OF THE GAME PLEASE??? On the way home, I really wanted to hear some opinions on the progress of our run defense, especially after some great play in the second half.

bandwagon Steeler fans behind me from WNY who told me they "had enough of the Bills"

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was around 50-50% Bills/Steelers fans. I took it as a total insult to the Bills players & fans that there were that many Steelers fans there & I wish management felt the same way. I think the team needs to re-think the order they sell the group tickets and give people in Buffalo a shot at the individual games before the group sales sell all those tickets to fans from the opposing city.

I thought it was around 50-50% Bills/Steelers fans. I took it as a total insult to the Bills players & fans that there were that many Steelers fans there & I wish management felt the same way. I think the team needs to re-think the order they sell the group tickets and give people in Buffalo a shot at the individual games before the group sales sell all those tickets to fans from the opposing city.

By all reports, there were 30-35 thousand steelers fans there.

That has little to do with the Bills selling tickets to steelers fans.

That many comes from Bills season ticket holders selling their tickets to the game.

By all reports, there were 30-35 thousand steelers fans there.

That has little to do with the Bills selling tickets to steelers fans.

That many comes from Bills season ticket holders selling their tickets to the game.

That is REALLY sad...Understandable, but sad nonetheless... :cry:

IMO there were way more Bills fans there than Steelers fans.

I also found it funny that all the Steelers fans joined in the crowd noise and waived their towels when the Steelers had the ball.

Pretty classy fans though, and Im proud of the way I saw Bills fans act.

I was at the game. It might be the most opponent fans I've ever seen at the Ralph, but it was maybe, AT MOST, 1/3 Steeler fans. Your right though, it looked like much more, probobly because of those stupid towels. I should have grabbed a few as I needed some toilet paper at my house :-)

A Pittsburgh fan in front of us puked on another Pittsburgh fan. Her towel was put to good use covering the puke on the ground. What drove me nuts was some idiot Steelers fan two rows in front of use with a stupid sign, thinking he is either going to be on the jumbotron or on TV. Somebody grabbed it from him and the damn usher gave it back to him. Sign did not come out much after we tied the game however.

Late in the game, possibly during OT, there was a TV shot of the stadium with barely a little bit of sunshine still on the crowd and the stadium was still packed. I wish the game turned out in the Bills favor and that the stadium was filled with Bills fans but for those that were there, they saw a classic. I sense people will be talking about that game for years to come. The game was not like it was "supposed to be" thanks to a valiant effort by the Bills but the way it ended was also because of the Bills. My guess is that many Bills fans sold their tickets because they anticipated a whuppin'. The Bills are getting better on and off the field. Maybe the Steelers could concur with this view of the current Bills. The coaching has evidently improved especially in terms of halftime adjustments. If Buddy Nix and his crew can fix a few flaws with a long deserved stellar draft or two then maybe this team will be on the rise.

Whether we view the result as another loss or another moral victory, it stings to know that the Bills should have won the game and if they did we would be talking about his game for very different reasons.

As for the Steeler fans, winning six Super Bowls has a great effect on how well the fans travel. They do have great fans.

Stevie J. - keep your head up and your grip tight! You will get your chance to make up for your drop. Us Bills fans, well, we have seen much, much worse.

I thought the Steeler fans were classy and it was a great atmosphere.

The only complaint I have it if you have a towel waver in front of you, you can't see the game very good with an and swirling towel in front of you. It would drive me crazy if it was like that for every game.

Did this bug anybody else?

Ten maybe fifteen thousand. Impressive number for a road game to be sure but not even close to the number of Bills fans.

I've gotta say this for the Steelers fans, they get out there and support their team. It will be interesting to see how many Browns fans show up at the Ralph in 2 weeks..

I thought the Steeler fans were classy and it was a great atmosphere.

The only complaint I have it if you have a towel waver in front of you, you can't see the game very good with an and swirling towel in front of you. It would drive me crazy if it was like that for every game.

Did this bug anybody else?

It bugged me too and I was only watching at the Bills Backers location here.

Every Steeler fan that i encountered on Sunday was from Canada (except for one couple -- who did indeed make the trip up from Pittsburgh).

Not really evidence that Pittsburgh travels well. Just shows that its natural for people with no geographical ties -- to follow the most successful franchise of the sport.

A lot of them were bandwaggoneer fans no doubt. I went to Super Bowl XL with the Seahawks and there was about 80% Stealer fans there. It was disgusting, but most were nice. The most unruly fan I saw there was my buddy, also a Seahawks fan, who got really drunk and made an ass out of himself.

Edited by reddogblitz

It is ALWAYS like this when the Steelers come to town.

Every Steelers game I have been to at the Ralph has been chock full of Steelers fans.

I wouldn't say they are the majority, but there are so darn many of them it always seems like half the stadium is rooting for the Steelers. In reality, it's probably more like a quarter.

That's still a a whole lot, and more than any other team. It's definitely a different vibe at the Ralph for Steelers games.