Is 8-8 a possibility?

Rob's House

I know it's a longshot, but looking at the last 6 games of the year, if we can get by Pittsburgh, I'm not sure which of the other games is unwinnable.

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS - This one should be tough

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings - Barring a major resurgence under Leslie Frazier they're looking awfully vulnerable.

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS - Cleveland's improving, but they're a little banged up and definitely beatable.

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins - Now on their 3rd string QB and fading down the stretch. Should be an easy win.

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - We always play these guys tight and I think we're due.

01/02 @ New York Jets - Unless they're fighting for home field advantage we'll be playing back-ups.

I know it's a longshot, but looking at the last 6 games of the year, if we can get by Pittsburgh, I'm not sure which of the other games is unwinnable.

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings - Barring a major resurgence under Leslie Frazier they're looking awfully vulnerable.

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS - Cleveland's improving, but they're a little banged up and definitely beatable.

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins - Now on their 3rd string QB and fading down the stretch. Should be an easy win.

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - We always play these guys tight and I think we're due.

01/02 @ New York Jets - Unless they're fighting for home field advantage we'll be playing back-ups.

It is not IMPOSSIBLE but just very unlikely.

Would I be surprised about 5-11, 5-3 in the back half of the season? No, not with the way this team is playing and i would be pretty proud of these guys.

EDIT: Hell, there is an outside chance this 0-8 starting team could be 5-9 before heading into the last two weeks of the season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I also was thinking it and have mentioned it at work, I think if they could pull it off they could be in mix for the playoffs. If we could reel off 8 straight and make the playoffs who would want to play us going into the playoffs on that streak!!! Let's start by beating the steelers 1st......GO BILLS!!!

I also was thinking it and have mentioned it at work, I think if they could pull it off they could be in mix for the playoffs. If we could reel off 8 straight and make the playoffs who would want to play us going into the playoffs on that streak!!! Let's start by beating the steelers 1st......GO BILLS!!!

I'm not sure, but I think they've already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I still would love for them to win out though, and think it's possible, although it will be very difficult.

Edited by Chandemonium

8-8? That'd be swell. Then we can draft another mid first rounder after the guy we actually wanted gets drafted a slot or two ahead of our spot. Patrick Willis anyone?

8-8 does nothing but maintain the mediocrity that has plagued this team for a decade.

Look, I like this teams pluck and all, but Fitz put up numbers against some awful teams the last two weeks. And I'm not saying this because I want to draft a QB. I want a stud LT or pass-rushing DE, but you don't get Joe Thomas at #15.

8-8? That'd be swell. Then we can draft another mid first rounder after the guy we actually wanted gets drafted a slot or two ahead of our spot. Patrick Willis anyone?

8-8 does nothing but maintain the mediocrity that has plagued this team for a decade.

Look, I like this teams pluck and all, but Fitz put up numbers against some awful teams the last two weeks. And I'm not saying this because I want to draft a QB. I want a stud LT or pass-rushing DE, but you don't get Joe Thomas at #15.

I dont think there is a chance in hell that we go 8-8 -- BUT -- you cannot possibly equate an 8-8 record this year with mediocrity like in season's past if we win the last eight games, beat Pittsburgh, beat New England for the first time in forever, beat the Pats and Phins, etc. The Bills would be picked to go to the playoffs next year by virtually everyone if we win eight games in a row. That would tie the team record for most wins in a row since the merger I think.

I'm not sure, but I think they've already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I still would love for them to win out though, and think it's possible, although it will be very difficult.

"So you're saying, there's a chance?"

-Lloyd Christmas

http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

(Not yet technically eliminated, highly improbable)

All of them teams have a pretty good running game and we can't stop the run.

Our defense is not good enough to stop at least 3 of these teams. But as the Bills have proved all season long, they will hang tough to the last play of the game. I see us winning 2, possibly 3 more. We come back down to earth this Sunday.

IF we beat the Steelers, then I would certainly say that it is possible. This is the type of game that will help clarify this teams true weaknesses, and what direction the team should move in as far as personnel goes. The goal is a championship, and I think that the Steelers will show us where the team stands on that one.

I don't think the will get to 8-8 or even 6-10 but I like what I am seeing and the direction they are going. I think Chan has righted the ship and that is good to see. This team plays hard week in and week out and are gaining an identity. It's a process and they have come a long way from where they were to start the season. Hopefully they keep it going and can ride it into next year.

If they win against PIT (a big if) then they have a shot against anyone.

The steelers are best against the run and run the ball very well. I hope gaily can come up with a good plan