Think Chan can handle Vince Young?

Haven Moses

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trent over Fitz gaffe is not so unfathomable. Trent was a flag football superstar who crumbled under game pressure and Ftiz seems to be exactly the opposite. Of course a new coaching staff would get that wrong in training camp. In Hindsight it cost the team 1 win, 2 at most (if you honestly believe Fitz could have defeated the Pack) so what is the big deal? Let's move on.

I'd like to see Brohm brought into a game at some point to find out which side of that spectrum he falls on.

An upgrade at QB means a locker room leader capable of perennially ranking as a top 5 QB VERY SOON. Anything less and you may as well stick with Fitzy. Vince is not that guy, and Chan would need a whole new (and simple) playbook for him as his Wonderlic score got lots of press for the opposite result of Fitz's.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The Trent over Fitz gaffe is not so unfathomable. Trent was a flag football superstar who crumbled under game pressure and Ftiz seems to be exactly the opposite. Of course a new coaching staff would get that wrong in training camp. In Hindsight it cost the team 1 win, 2 at most (if you honestly believe Fitz could have defeated the Pack) so what is the big deal? Let's move on.

I'd like to see Brohm brought into a game at some point to find out which side of that spectrum he falls on.

An upgrade at QB means a locker room leader capable of perennially ranking as a top 5 QB VERY SOON. Anything less and you may as well stick with Fitzy. Vince is not that guy, and Chan would need a whole new (and simple) playbook for him as his Wonderlic score got lots of press for the opposite result of Fitz's.

There's a lot of people out there who believe Andrew Luck would fit your description of an upgrade at QB. If SOMEHOW we managed to land that #1 pick and Luck comes out, I think we are in the perfect position to have a veteran QB teach Luck for a year or two and not throw Luck into the fire immediately. If in that year or two Ryan Fitzpatrick continues improving and turns out to be a top tier QB, we potentially have the same "problem" the Chargers did a few years back between Brees and Rivers. If Fitz turns out to be just a slightly above average QB or less, Luck gets in there and Fitz could play the Frank Reich role.

As far as your Brohm comment, the only way that guy sees the field is if Fitz gets hurt or suddenly becomes incompetent (the former seems more likely). If Fitz keeps playing like he has, I kinda hope we never see Brohm (for the reasons I just stated).

Vince Young would be the 4th best QB on our roster. When he throws it looks like he is trying to flick dog poop off of his hands.

You are trippin'. He wouldn't be the fourth best anything. VY can play and he has elite physical talent. That being said I don't want the Bills to go near him.

He has the physical talent, he's played well, he's played hurt. But when adversity hits he doesn't respond well. Who knows when he'll go off the deep end?

I'd rather keep Fitz.

Not sure of the thoughts on Young as a QB here, but a lot of people were bashing Vick too. Look who's laughing now?

Yeah, and a lot of people wanted to sign Jamarcus Russell too under the same "great athlete" rational. As for Vick, there is absolutely no comparison between his situation and Young's. People were bashing Vick for being a sick criminal and questioning whether or not he could play at the NFL level after sitting in jail for two years.

Young meanwhile, is one more breakdown away from the rubber room.