My thoughts on the current situation

Alright so for the 1st time since 2004 I dont know about you, but its actually pretty damn fun to watch this team play. In the draft next year I think luck is out. My though is to just get the best front 7 player available no matter what that is. If a new CBA gets in place soon maybe try and go after a couple in F.A and trade evans away and even take A.J Green... Look I KNOW THIS IS A LUXURY PICK... But I think that this is a year of offense in the draft and this guy is the real deal. He is a better prospect then both Megatron and Fitz. If we take a front 7 player i will be just as happy honestly though. Then instead of trading back in the 1st for Mallett, why not just take Kellen Moore in the 2nd. 4 year starter, can make all of the throws, etc etc. I actually besides maybe r.t think our line is okay. All Im saying is this could you imagine having Steve J on one side, AJ Green on the other, David Nelson and Roscoe in the middle even Donald Jones looks legit. Spiller in the backfield. This offense could rival the K-Gun. In the 3rd just take pure pass-rushers trade up the 4th that we aquired and a pick next year and grab a d.e and continue establishing depth in the front 7 for the rest of the draft.

I understand all the naysayers are going to be saying why the F*** would you take 2 offensive players with the first 2 picks but you gotta look at it this way. The colts rush d was ranked 30th in the nfl in 2006 and they went to a superbowl.. plus it takes time to develop a q.b we take him now then in next years draft the first 3 rounds go all d. Then you have already established an elite offense and work on the other side (Jets anyone) they worked on defense first but it doesnt matter. A good offense will hide a defense flaws and vice versa. I understand some may not agree with me but I think this is the way to rebuild the team the fastest. Feel free to think what you would like.

Taking Spiller last year was a mistake Taking a WR would equal the likes of Matt Millen. If this team does not get Luck or a blue chip defender, I just won't know what to say....

A return to the Tom Donasuck years ... try to make splashy picks that only serve to set your team back .... Ugh ... no way do the Bills take a WR in round 1

if luck is not there we should get quinn/bowers or fairley. i love aj green tho he is so smooth. crazy good hands and nice routes tall and is a straight baller. but taking him would not help us. pur WRs are fine. we still get easley next year too.

id be happy to go any of those DL guys and hopefully the LB from BC falls to the second add him and just more and more front 7. lets get that thing fixed

just out of curiosity have you ever seen green play youtube.com/watch?v=EglUFT1OwKo but this as his as a sophomore... hes a crapload better this year and with a freshman qb... get your popcorn ready

...you forgot playing against college level talent. I will stay with Evans for now thanks. I agree with the line and some pass rushers though. I don't see the purpose in trading evans and using a high pick to replace him. I am waiting to see what happens with Lee when teams start rolling coverage to Stevie.

even take A.J Green... Look I KNOW THIS IS A LUXURY PICK... But I think that this is a year of offense in the draft and this guy is the real deal. He is a better prospect then both Megatron and Fitz.

You lost me when you said this, especially the bold part. Haven't heard that from ANY person mentioning AJ Green. He is the consensus best WR available if he comes out this year, but he is by no means more heralded than Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson when they were coming out of college.

If they can't get to luck then the first 4 rounds with the 5 picks I would like to see impact defensive lineman with the first, then lb's a cb and a right tackle with the rest of the picks , now if it were only that easy

A return to the Tom Donasuck years ... try to make splashy picks that only serve to set your team back .... Ugh ... no way do the Bills take a WR in round 1

GREAT!

Now you jinxed us!

We'll definitely be getting a WR now!

I like the idea of adding on to the offense but I'd prefer to add o-linemen and a tight end.

Some of the offensive success is due to talent, but some of it is smoke and mirrors right now. If we don't increase the offensive line talent in the offseason, the offense will regress. Happens all the time in sports. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

You lost me when you said this, especially the bold part. Haven't heard that from ANY person mentioning AJ Green. He is the consensus best WR available if he comes out this year, but he is by no means more heralded than Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson when they were coming out of college.

He is. Just wait until we get closer to the draft. I've watched him a lot. The words of Urban Meyer sum it up just about right: "That's the best I've seen at WR." Dude is dominant. He's been hurt and he has a freshman QB this year. He still beasts. He's beasted for years.

I still would rather take front 7. I'd use the entire draft on front 7. Seriously.

Edited by dayman

Wide Receivers don't win championships for teams. In my opinion, the most critical elements on a team are a Head Coach that emphasizes discipline on the field and off, QB with strong leadership qualities, and strong in the trenches (both offensive and defensive lines). Look at the last 5 Super Bowl champs:

2010: Saints - tough coach in Sean Payton, great leader in Brees, solid o-line and d-line

2009: Steelers - no BS coach in Tomlin, strong leader in Big Ben, and solid trenches

2008: Giants - hard ass coach in Coughlin, so-so leader in Eli (lead by example and limited mistakes), very strong o-line and dominant d-line

2007: Colts - Tony Dungy preached discipline and work ethic, Manning (enough said), great o-line, solid pass rushers

2006: Steelers - Bill Cowher was cut throat and didn't accept poor effort, Big Ben showed great poise as a young guy, and the Steelers trenches once again dominated

I think we've got a very good coach that preaches toughness and discipline, and a QB that has shown the ability to lead this team, not get down on himself, and never quit. And we need to build those trenches. We're getting close. Another offensive tackle should round out this O-line. But the D-line needs a pass rusher or two, and possibly another run stuffer. I'm excited about our future!