My thoughts on the current situation

A return to the Tom Donasuck years ... try to make splashy picks that only serve to set your team back .... Ugh ... no way do the Bills take a WR in round 1

Right. How many WRs picked in the top 5 have turned out to be worth that high a pick? Andre Johnson stands out as perhaps the only one I'd say might be worth it (picked at #3)... but that's in a situation where they had very little talent at the position (clearly not the case in Buffalo).

Generally, mid-to-late round WRs do fine. Don't forget WNY's new favorite guy Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder. For first-round money, the investment in the D-line has a much better payoff potential.

Evans Johnson Easley Parrish Nelson Jones How many good WRs does a team need? the answer is ZERO! WRs are good because their QB is good. How much is Fitzgerald helping teh Cards now that no one can throw him the ball?

Draft guys who have an impact on every single play - LINEMAN

Evans Johnson Easley Parrish Nelson Jones How many good WRs does a team need? the answer is ZERO! WRs are good because their QB is good. How much is Fitzgerald helping teh Cards now that no one can throw him the ball?

At this stage of our team's rebuilding Thoner has it right. DL, OL or LB.

I agree you draft linemen. You build from the line out.

However you do have to have wide receivers that are good.

We have a good chemistry with our guys now. Lets keep them in place.

Lets get some lineman that can run and pass block and lets get a 2 gap DT and a stud DE.

Alright so for the 1st time since 2004 I dont know about you, but its actually pretty damn fun to watch this team play . . .

Yes the past month has been fun football for us long-suffering Bills fans. For next year, unless we get LUCK-y, we need to build up the D with our first round pick. Seriously. Out of our starting front 7 on defense, how many could start for any team in the league? One? Two at best?? We need to put something together that can stop a team on third and short when it matters.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Alright so for the 1st time since 2004 I dont know about you, but its actually pretty damn fun to watch this team play. In the draft next year I think luck is out. My though is to just get the best front 7 player available no matter what that is. If a new CBA gets in place soon maybe try and go after a couple in F.A and trade evans away and even take A.J Green... Look I KNOW THIS IS A LUXURY PICK... But I think that this is a year of offense in the draft and this guy is the real deal. He is a better prospect then both Megatron and Fitz. If we take a front 7 player i will be just as happy honestly though. Then instead of trading back in the 1st for Mallett, why not just take Kellen Moore in the 2nd. 4 year starter, can make all of the throws, etc etc. I actually besides maybe r.t think our line is okay. All Im saying is this could you imagine having Steve J on one side, AJ Green on the other, David Nelson and Roscoe in the middle even Donald Jones looks legit. Spiller in the backfield. This offense could rival the K-Gun. In the 3rd just take pure pass-rushers trade up the 4th that we aquired and a pick next year and grab a d.e and continue establishing depth in the front 7 for the rest of the draft.

I understand all the naysayers are going to be saying why the F*** would you take 2 offensive players with the first 2 picks but you gotta look at it this way. The colts rush d was ranked 30th in the nfl in 2006 and they went to a superbowl.. plus it takes time to develop a q.b we take him now then in next years draft the first 3 rounds go all d. Then you have already established an elite offense and work on the other side (Jets anyone) they worked on defense first but it doesnt matter. A good offense will hide a defense flaws and vice versa. I understand some may not agree with me but I think this is the way to rebuild the team the fastest. Feel free to think what you would like.

Dude you need to stop drinkin. Fitz wasn't a great prospect and Kellen Moore isn't even a prospect. The only offensive player we should draft is a Tackle and not not the first pick which better be front 7.