Jake Locker and Washington VS UCLA on ESPN Now......

sven233

I know many are off the Jake Locker bandwagon, but he is playing right now on ESPN if you want it. He is coming off a rib injury so he is banged up, but it is his last game at Home, so he will probably look to bring his best.

Fact is, I have been leading the charge for Luck this year, but it is looking more and more like we will not have a shot at getting him.....and now, not because he won't come out or doesn't want to come to Buffalo, but because the Bills are too good a team (I know, right?) to get the first pick in the draft. I see the Bills winning a couple more games and will probably be picking in the Top 5, but they really don't have a shot at #1. The Panthers got that locked up as far as I'm concerned. They are awful. The Bills, while bad, are competing and will win more games and just won't have a shot at Luck unless they trade. And that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, with that said, we will be looking at Mallett or Locker later in the Draft (not that much later if they decide to go that way). I still think Locker is a good QB, but he may be the toughest QB in the draft to evaluate because of the lack of talent around him. I have watched a lot of his games the last couple years and he has a lot of drops from his WRs. So, he is really tough to evaluate in may ways. I will be looking to see what he can do at the Senior Bowl and when he gets into a position to work with better players. I think he has natural talent, jut tough to evaluate how much. But he may be an option late in Round 1 or early in Round 2 if the Bills decide to go that way.

So, check him out if you want to tonight. Washington has to win their last 3 games to get to a Bowl, so they will need to play their best and Locker will need to be a big part of that. ESPN....on now!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Locker isnt looking so good...

That's cause he isn't so good. Strange how a guy can be so highly thought of one year (i.e., Clausen, Locker, Insert-Name-Of-Current-QB-Du-Jour, etc.) can plunge so far in just one season, no?

It'd certainly make me want to see a larger 'body of work' (as opposed to a just a season or so) before I staked my team's future (and $50-60M) on any one particular guy.

Of course, that's just me.

That's cause he isn't so good. Strange how a guy can be so highly thought of one year (i.e., Clausen, Locker, Insert-Name-Of-Current-QB-Du-Jour, etc.) can plunge so far in just one season, no?

It'd certainly make me want to see a larger 'body of work' (as opposed to a just a season or so) before I staked my team's future (and $50-60M) on any one particular guy.

Jake Locker = Brian Brohm 2.0

just my .02 cents.

But i remember Nix saying something to the effect of (with a southern drawl) "we like guys who have shown it and have done it for a while, we want to see that a player has been consistent and developed" (too bad he wasnt here for Maybin, this statement would have saved us from him)

But that would leave me to believe they want to evaluate a QB based on a "body of work".

i'm not sure if Luck has enough starting history just yet

I think Mallett has enough games started

and as a "wildcard darkhorse" don't count out Kellen Moore or Christian Ponder.

I just have a funny feeling that Nix will take either Mallett/Moore or Ponder. (first i dont think Luck will be available to us when we draft regardless if he declares or not. and if he is, he doesn't have a ton of starting experience just yet and Nix seemed to place a premium on it.

You stick Mallet on that Washington team and you get more wins, everyone keeps saying the talent isn't there in W, but I think that statement is right if you add "under Center" to that statement.

I've never seen a crappier QB get ranked higher and get a constant pass on "the talent around him."

He is playing like Doo Doo right now because Jack Locker = Doo Doo.

You stick Mallet on that Washington team and you get more wins, everyone keeps saying the talent isn't there in W, but I think that statement is right if you add "under Center" to that statement.

I've never seen a crappier QB get ranked higher and get a constant pass on "the talent around him."

He is playing like Doo Doo right now because Jack Locker = Doo Doo.

And on the flip side I think the Arkansas team would be awful with locker under center. Mallett makes a huge difference to that team.

Bills should do whatever it takes to get Luck. Stop d*&king around and nail that franchise QB we've been waiting for 12+ years. F*#k the Panthers too!

GO BILLS! Do it now cause 'ol Ralph ain't gonna be around much longer.

I'm not worried about the Panthers taking Luck. After drafting Clausen AND Pike in last year's draft, I can't imagine them taking another QB with the number 1 pick.

Locker was 10 of 21 for 68 yards and an interception

Git 'er done, Buddy!

Bills should do whatever it takes to get Luck. Stop d*&king around and nail that franchise QB we've been waiting for 12+ years. F*#k the Panthers too!

GO BILLS! Do it now cause 'ol Ralph ain't gonna be around much longer.

Absolutely. Then they should throw whatever obscene amount of money his agent demands at him, for at least ten years. After all, the world has seen him for a whole season and a half - so it's a given there's no chance he'll tank next season, like Locker this year.

Hell, it's practically a guarantee a 'Savior' like Luck will lead the Bills to Superbowl Heaven.

I'm not worried about the Panthers taking Luck. After drafting Clausen AND Pike in last year's draft, I can't imagine them taking another QB with the number 1 pick.

The Panthers will DEFINITELY take Luck if they have a chance. I have to think that they see that Claussen is not going to be an elite QB. It's a QB-driven league. If a great one comes along, you take him.

This is precisely why I see Luck declaring for the draft this year. Someone will tell him his stock is high right now, so get out while you can. Yes, Locker's playing hurt, but that's not the point. Luck's stock is too high for him to not pass this up.