Jake Locker and Washington VS UCLA on ESPN Now......

sven233

Yes, the owners get TV money during a lockout, but its a loan that needs to be repaid with interest. http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/07/22/nflpa-cries-foul-over-tv-contracts

Yes, the 10% might be sticky, and those issues are not small, but once those terms are agreed to, the finalizing wont be tim consuming.

Im not saying it wont apply to this draft class. Im just indicating there should be some consideration to kids who declare prior to any agreement on a cap. If there is cap that applies it would probably be deescalating.

Theres too much money at stake for a lockout, its unlikely to happen.

I agree to that.

Luck may come out for many reasons but one reason is not because this is the last year of bananas contracts is the point that I think we both agree on.

If he is any good the difference in guaranteed money from 2011 to 2012 will be a drop in the bucket to his overall earning potential.

Getting a check for $20 mil in August 2011 is much better than preparing for class and the Cal game in August 2011, its compelling but for Luck the money will probably always be there.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to that.

Luck may come out for many reasons but one reason is not because this is the last year of bananas contracts is the point that I think we both agree on.

If he is any good the difference in guaranteed money from 2011 to 2012 will be a drop in the bucket to his overall earning potential.

Getting a check for $20 mil in August 2010 is much better for preparing for class at the Cal game in August 2010, its compelling but for Luck the money will probably always be there.

Right. So is it worth it to forgo being picked #1 this year and return to stanford and risk injury and possibly lose millions or end a career?

He's not in a position where returning might mean a national championship, it probably doesnt mean he'll be in the running for a heisman either.

Right. So is it worth it to forgo being picked #1 this year and return to stanford and risk injury and possibly lose millions or end a career?

He's not in a position where returning might mean a national championship, it probably doesnt mean he'll be in the running for a heisman either.

Right.

I don't think there is much risk of losing draft position for him in particular, but you're right why go back?

Is getting a degree and ganging out with his sister that important?

Thats for Luck to decide.

The pragmatic answer is come out and start your career. (Especially if Cowher is in Carolina with the #1 pick)

Locker was never really highly regarded by anyone besides Kiper and McShay.

Locker went back to school because he had a second or third round grade in reality.

Luck will be the #1 pick in 2011 and 2012.

When the CBA expires in March 2011 no one can be signed. Rookie or Vet. This is a fact.

So why would a player spend 6-12 months waiting for the CBA to be finalized, and not getting paid because owners cannot sign anyone when they can go play ball in school and be the big man on campus another year.

I think that is the whole point behind the argument that his stock is high and he ought to declare ASAP. Luck is a consensus top pick now but things can happen in another season of college ball to disrupt that. If he is making a business decision, enter the draft. If he doesn't care that he could plummet 5, 10 or more picks, leaving 10's of million at risk then be the big man on campus for another year.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I think that is the whole point behind the argument that his stock is high, declare ASAP. Luck is a consensus top pick now but things can happen in another season of college ball to disrupt that. If he is making a business decision, enter the draft. If he doesn't care that he could plummet 5, 10 or more picks, leaving 5-15million on the table then be the big man on campus for another year.

This was actually the point:

Does anyone know why Jake Locker didn't come out last year when his stock was so high? He looks horrible this year, almost like that Snead kid who stayed in school last year and bombed (don't think he even got drafted). This is a lesson for Mr. Luck. Never turn down an opportunity, as my dad used to say. Poor Jake must wish he had gone a year early.

A sobering thought is that Luck might regress like Snead and Locker.

Does anyone know why Jake Locker didn't come out last year when his stock was so high? He looks horrible this year, almost like that Snead kid who stayed in school last year and bombed (don't think he even got drafted). This is a lesson for Mr. Luck. Never turn down an opportunity, as my dad used to say. Poor Jake must wish he had gone a year early.

Locker was never really highly regarded by anyone besides Kiper and McShay.

Locker went back to school because he had a second or third round grade in reality.

Luck will be the #1 pick in 2011 and 2012.

When the CBA expires in March 2011 no one can be signed. Rookie or Vet. This is a fact.

So why would a player spend 6-12 months waiting for the CBA to be finalized, and not getting paid because owners cannot sign anyone when they can go play ball in school and be the big man on campus another year.

Look at Bradford. Thats more Luck's Luck.

Guys, Locker STUNK last year, he “benefited” from the same ball washing Tan McShay was giving to Jevon Snead the year prior.

Sorry but he never was any good, this is nothing new. That doesn’t mean we wont draft him with our top pick though.

Because the NFL told him he'd probably go in the 3rd round or later and he needed a great 2010 to get to the 1st round. Now people love to revise history around here & every QB who stayed was going to be a 1st rounder or the 1st pick in the draft, but that isn't the case. The only guys who stayed who might have been the 1st pick earlier were the Mannings, who ended up #1 anyway, and Matt Leinart. The rest are pure fiction.

At least Locker can go play baseball.